Aladdin Food Management Employee Reviews

I would not ever work for them again
Food prep / Server / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 25, 2018
I worked there for only a few months and I hated it. There were too many people there that did nothing but walk around playing with their phones instead of doing their job and management did nothing. They do offer insurance, but it is expensive and has a high deductible. I would not recommend this place to anyone .
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Bad management, lazy employees and terrible benefits.
Very Unprofessional
Account Receivable Representative (Current Employee) –  Canonsburg, PASeptember 12, 2018
As some positions go, the beginning was great. Everyone was supportive, especially my direct supervisor and then after a few weeks, my direct supervisor along with the HR Director decided to change the rules and their attitudes. Training was almost absent after a few days and they expected me to know everything while adding new duties that were not disclosed in the interview nor on day one. Certain employees would sit in the HR Director's office and talk for hours - those employees that I had to do work for. Very unprofessional and was treated very unfairly. I would strongly recommend NOT working for this company.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
lots of thank yous
Dietary Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Chardon, OHSeptember 2, 2018
A typical day starts at 9:30 and ends at 7:30.It is fast paced with a lot of standing and walking and more walking.I have learned that not everything discussed during the interview process is an indication of what is ahead on the job.Management is controlled by one tightly wound individual who won't delegate to subordinates.The culture is smiling faces on the outside.The hardest part of the job is bringing in new talent.The most enjoyable is the people that we work for.
Pros
average pay and benefits
Cons
no free anything
Terrible company to work for..!!
CHEF (Former Employee) –  CARLOW DININGAugust 26, 2018
No need to speak on details for the reviews change NOTHING..!!..FOR a company would have to CARE for its workers..And this one surely dosent give a DAYUM..!!
I love Catering
Catering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 25, 2018
We would set up events for our client. Which would consits of different set ups.It could go from Contanital Breakfast set,Bar B Cue set up,Fine dining set ups,Finger food set ups,and also dessert set ups.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
n/a
Unenthusiatic
Team member (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 16, 2018
Not a fun place to work unless you had a friend on your shift. Managers were always preoccupied, it was hard to get important days off and most workers slacked, leaving those tho worked hard to do more work.
Not a place for an executive chef with a creative culinary mind
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAJuly 8, 2018
The food service manager suucks in Douglas georgia account she doesn't want to let go and let the Chef do there job. Over bearing can't control cost and she over orders. Doesn't want the place organized she wants an unstructured environment.
Do not apply!!!
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAJune 22, 2018
This is the worse company you could ever work for. The management is awful! Nothing is ever done correctly and they love to use expired food! No one in management is knowledgeable in their field!
cool little job for hs grad
Line Server (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 14, 2018
This is not the kind of job you can live off of. If you want to supplement your money need a part time job or extra cash just because this is the job for you.
very good place to work
Food Service Director (Current Employee) –  littlerton nhJune 1, 2018
i enjoyed working for aladdin
the hours were very good
school staff was amazing
i would work for them again
My manager was very kind and helpful
Pros
good hours
Cons
not a guarantee
Hyperactive and fast-paced to work in, but overall fun and very satisfying.
Dishwasher/Food Prep/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 28, 2018
Provided, placed and prepared food and drinks to local bible college students for the services of breakfast, lunch, and dinner. A typical day at work at the food business of Aladdin Food Management consists of constant cleaning of both serving and dining area. We watch and refill anything that is running out or needs replaced, and for 2 to 3 hours at time we wash dishes. I learned how to make and prepare a lot of things, and I was also instilled knowledge that I did not know of before. The best part about this job is the food that is not eaten at the end of each service. We are allowed to box them up and take them home after the shift. The hardest part of the job is cleaning the pans and dishes that have food dried on them over time. Honestly that is the only hassle, but I was shown techniques to clean those certain dishes in the most effective way.
Pros
Free food at the end of the day.
Great Boss but no job Advancement
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 28, 2018
I work for this company for a little over a year and was not able to move up at all. The Chef took me under his wing and taught me how to cook. The client we worked for was not what I expected not to mention how rude they were.
Bad management
Production Manager/ Chef (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVMay 28, 2018
Aladdin Food Management Services had been through 11 chefs in 5 years in the facility where I worked and they knew what the problem was which was that the Chef and the Dietician needed to work together to manage the department but all the Dietician wanted to do was sit in her office. Aladdin Food Management needed the Dieticians license to sign off on the menus. So instead of finding a new Dietician it was easier for them to keep replacing chefs & probably cheaper too.
Pros
Weekends off / family time
Cons
Hostile work environment
college
Counter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fishersville, VAMay 23, 2018
I can't say much about this job cause it was temporary worked on campus. good management paid well college wise. Was always on time flexible hours around
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no cons
Cook
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMay 9, 2018
Make sure customers are happy.
Food is presentable.
Greet customer with a smile.
Always follow the safety rule.
Wash hand as much as you can.
Change gloves when leave your station
Dead end job
Where ever needed (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, IowaApril 22, 2018
Every position makes the same pay rate.(Management makes a little more) cooks, prep, clerk, dishwasher, server.. all make $9. An hour with no chance of even a $. 10 raise. There are no benefits offered other then taking a TM course at a discount. The management are not well informed nor when changes are being made are they informative to crew. They do more trying to make budget cuts and cut corners then look out or care about customer or employee well-being and happiness. The wage paid is not even enough to amount to a fair living wage.
Had i had a better management team, the job would have been great! I love what i do.
Baker (Current Employee) –  Waynesburg, PAApril 20, 2018
I've been in the food industry since I was legally able to work. This is by far the worst management team I've ever had. The managers here have no concept of what it takes to do anything. They expect 1 person to do the job of 3 and then ridicule you and backlash at you when you can't complete what they want, even when staying 4 hours over your regular shift time. They could care less about what happens to you as long as they get what they want from you.
Pros
Free lunch, great co workers, health benefits
Cons
Really poor management and scrutiny. Too much drama.
Great Management, Fast Paced, Growing Company
Corporate Office (Current Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAApril 17, 2018
Best company I’ve ever worked for. Fast paced but rewarding. Great team environment! This company truly holds to its mission statement of “Small enough to care, big enough to make a difference”.
Pros
Good Pay
not organized and very unfair
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 12, 2018
You come to work and half the time you didn't have the products You need too work with
Vary poor management
We were 90% always short staffed
In 1 year I had 3 directors
Pros
I love the residents
Cons
poor management
quite and team player working kitchen.
Lunch Aide (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVMarch 28, 2018
I was a lunch aide at a catholic school preparing and serving lunch cashiering and light stocking prep and cleaning up. We served healthy nutritional lunch's
Pros
the management was great and entering acting with children was good
Cons
a small place no room for advancement.