Aladdin Food Management Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
very good place to work
Food Service Director (Current Employee) –  littlerton nhJune 1, 2018
i enjoyed working for aladdin
the hours were very good
school staff was amazing
i would work for them again
My manager was very kind and helpful
Pros
good hours
Cons
not a guarantee
Hyperactive and fast-paced to work in, but overall fun and very satisfying.
Dishwasher/Food Prep/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 28, 2018
Provided, placed and prepared food and drinks to local bible college students for the services of breakfast, lunch, and dinner. A typical day at work at the food business of Aladdin Food Management consists of constant cleaning of both serving and dining area. We watch and refill anything that is running out or needs replaced, and for 2 to 3 hours at time we wash dishes. I learned how to make and prepare a lot of things, and I was also instilled knowledge that I did not know of before. The best part about this job is the food that is not eaten at the end of each service. We are allowed to box them up and take them home after the shift. The hardest part of the job is cleaning the pans and dishes that have food dried on them over time. Honestly that is the only hassle, but I was shown techniques to clean those certain dishes in the most effective way.
Pros
Free food at the end of the day.
Great Boss but no job Advancement
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 28, 2018
I work for this company for a little over a year and was not able to move up at all. The Chef took me under his wing and taught me how to cook. The client we worked for was not what I expected not to mention how rude they were.
Bad management
Production Manager/ Chef (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVMay 28, 2018
Aladdin Food Management Services had been through 11 chefs in 5 years in the facility where I worked and they knew what the problem was which was that the Chef and the Dietician needed to work together to manage the department but all the Dietician wanted to do was sit in her office. Aladdin Food Management needed the Dieticians license to sign off on the menus. So instead of finding a new Dietician it was easier for them to keep replacing chefs & probably cheaper too.
Pros
Weekends off / family time
Cons
Hostile work environment
college
Counter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fishersville, VAMay 23, 2018
I can't say much about this job cause it was temporary worked on campus. good management paid well college wise. Was always on time flexible hours around
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no cons
Cook
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMay 9, 2018
Make sure customers are happy.
Food is presentable.
Greet customer with a smile.
Always follow the safety rule.
Wash hand as much as you can.
Change gloves when leave your station
Dead end job
Where ever needed (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, IowaApril 22, 2018
Every position makes the same pay rate.(Management makes a little more) cooks, prep, clerk, dishwasher, server.. all make $9. An hour with no chance of even a $. 10 raise. There are no benefits offered other then taking a TM course at a discount. The management are not well informed nor when changes are being made are they informative to crew. They do more trying to make budget cuts and cut corners then look out or care about customer or employee well-being and happiness. The wage paid is not even enough to amount to a fair living wage.
Had i had a better management team, the job would have been great! I love what i do.
Baker (Current Employee) –  Waynesburg, PAApril 20, 2018
I've been in the food industry since I was legally able to work. This is by far the worst management team I've ever had. The managers here have no concept of what it takes to do anything. They expect 1 person to do the job of 3 and then ridicule you and backlash at you when you can't complete what they want, even when staying 4 hours over your regular shift time. They could care less about what happens to you as long as they get what they want from you.
Pros
Free lunch, great co workers, health benefits
Cons
Really poor management and scrutiny. Too much drama.
Great Management, Fast Paced, Growing Company
Corporate Office (Current Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAApril 17, 2018
Best company I’ve ever worked for. Fast paced but rewarding. Great team environment! This company truly holds to its mission statement of “Small enough to care, big enough to make a difference”.
Pros
Good Pay
not organized and very unfair
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 12, 2018
You come to work and half the time you didn't have the products You need too work with
Vary poor management
We were 90% always short staffed
In 1 year I had 3 directors
Pros
I love the residents
Cons
poor management
quite and team player working kitchen.
Lunch Aide (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVMarch 28, 2018
I was a lunch aide at a catholic school preparing and serving lunch cashiering and light stocking prep and cleaning up. We served healthy nutritional lunch's
Pros
the management was great and entering acting with children was good
Cons
a small place no room for advancement.
Fun work place
Cook (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAMarch 19, 2018
I enjoy preparing food and working in a friendly fast pace environment like Aladdin. Also, I appreciate how organized and uniformed the company is. Management not bad either.
good second job
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVMarch 19, 2018
to much down time with college breaks, also low wages. friendly environment, fast paced work. only tops/baggy pants provide for uniform must provide safety shoes
Pros
friendily
Cons
to much down time/ school (college breaks)
As laddin was not a bad place too work at just not place for advancement
Cafereria lead (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 5, 2018
Management could have been better, but overall they took care of their employees, I was alright working their until they lost their contact, they served schools ,hospitals all the united States not BSD company too work for.
Pros
We had free lunch n free half hour too enjoy lunch
Cons
Free breaks n could take home wutever we wanted
Not a good place
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 22, 2018
Unfair dont pay on time wouldn't recommend anyone to work for them they withhold money they pay people under the table dirty work environment owner discrimination
School cafeteria
Server/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Scotland, PAFebruary 11, 2018
Serving food to students or washing dishes was a typical day at that job. Its not much to say about that because it wasnt ran to well and we didnt work many hours to get paid much.
Pros
Food was unlimited.
Cons
super busy and small
Interesting place to work
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 8, 2018
This is a very interesting place to work. The management was not ideal because it was a very new account and no one would stay for longer than a month, so the policies were always changing.
Really enjoy this job
CX General Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 19, 2018
I managed the campus exchange which was a smaller cafe that was open later in the evening. I just loved the whole experience and the hardest part was losing the account and losing my job
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
losing my job
good company
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYDecember 28, 2017
good company to work for. Managing time off during breaks is difficult to plan family vacations since you will be sent to other accounts to help out with camps or openings. The benefits and pay are very low for the area compared to other food service directors.
Pros
great staff
Cons
benefits & pay
Okay
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYDecember 23, 2017
Only account in NY and company is still learning NY, You get no support from this company. They keep playing the guessing game and looking for someone to blame for corporate errors.
Pros
Merge
Cons
Favoritism