Alameda County Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Grants Management
Business Manager - Financial Administration (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 7, 2018
I enjoyed setting up Grants Management systems for Highland Hospital doctors, nurses, and other medical center staff, while managing patient protocol studies and reviewing staff records for third party medical reimbursement in excess of $300,000 additional income to the medical center.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Teaching Institute
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 26, 2018
Highland Hospital has it days when you want too walk away but the doctor's and staff makes it better. It's a close net environment. It cann be petty some days but it'll work itself out. The charge nurse will stress you but it's because of her expectation. The OR Manager is the best. She is very understanding and she'll help you with whatever.
Pros
Cons
Certain surgeon's
Perfect place to grow
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 21, 2017
Overall good place to work, little stressful depending on the shift and area of assignment. Co-workers were always willing to assist, charge nurse very helpful.
Pros
cohesiveness with co-worker
Cons
emotions
Managers were Stressful
Eligibility Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 3, 2017
The managers have no people skills and talk down to you as if you are replaceable. Lots of stress and even tough you have vacation and sick time you get lip about using it.
Pros
likeable co workers
Cons
stressful
Great Experience
Senior Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 9, 2017
This was a Great opportunity to learn how to quickly think on your feet. Great place to experience different levels of trauma. Great surgeons and staff to work with on a daily basis.
Support Adequate Staffing
Charge Nurse of the psychiatry emergency room (Former Employee) –  San Leandro CAJuly 18, 2017
Typical work day as a relief Supervisor involves many unexpected occurrences such as over crowded emergency room or acute staff shortage. Many challenges to overcome while adhering to policies and regulations.
Pros
Supportive staff
Cons
Lack of adequate resources in the community
Nice job
Accredited Records Technician/Coder (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 12, 2017
Nice job with nice people and close to shopping. Great commute. A nice hospital with nice parking lot. Lots of learning opportunities and places to walk on break.
exciting
Contract Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 23, 2017
lots to learn, professional team. Director of Respiratory Care is excellent to work for. Plenty to learn and hone in on your skills. shift assignments are consistant with work schedule. 12 hour shifts. Days and NOC. Assinments include icu/ccu, er, med surg, trauma
Pros
learning facility
Cons
gets chaotic at times as it is a busy trauma center
Staffing Coordinator/ER Registration (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 13, 2017
Only thing I can say over and over and over again is that this company is a awesome and challenging and spontaneous company to work for and you learn a lot
Review Summary
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 1, 2017
I learned how to work with different cultures and to take care of different ethnicities. I learned how to balance my emotions and adapt to different people who does things different. I would start my day off with getting to work early to see what the department flow is looking like. I would look at where I'm assigned then start my work day. That can include drawing blood, customer service, splinting an injured leg, transporting a patient, etc..
good
Resident Internal Medicine (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 9, 2017
nice place
good learning opportunities
some benefits
good health insurance
good faculty
8-5 pm with some calls
can live v close to work
expensive housing
Excellent Work Place
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 27, 2017
Working from last 10 years.
Unionized work force, excellent retirement, working among the neediest segment of society gives immense satisfaction to work.
Assembly and Analysis Clerk
Assembly and Analysis Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAFebruary 14, 2016
A typical day consisted of assembling charts and analyzing them for deficiencies,communicating with healthcare professionals at all levels of experience. The staff I worked with at the time was very competent and very helpful and appreciated the experience.The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that I took part in the progression of the patients healthcare experience.
Pros
Extremely busy hospital to work at.
Patient Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 21, 2016
Making sure all the employees I supervised were at their work stations at their scheduled times.

Everyone is an individual & needs to be dealt with as such.

Management needs to support & be open to any & all suggestions & to take advice given.

Co-workers are great.

Keeping up with the volume of patients' that arrive seeking treatment on a daily basis & assisting my staff with their duties.

Always learning more is enjoyable.
Pros
In management you're allowed extra vacation days besides the time you accrue.
Cons
Sometimes breaks were not always an option.
Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 15, 2015
I was an intern here and enjoyed my time. Working in many departments, all supervisors were nice to work with and were grateful for the help.
Great Place to Work
Environmental Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 5, 2015
My day was to supervisor the housekeeps and the porters. Making sure all hospitals rooms were clean. Schedule the porter for stripping and waxing floors..
good employment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 23, 2015
good employment, learned many procedure while working there, meet many friends. and would apply again . Medical doctors and surgeons are always willing to educate staff members on procedures.
Pros
diversity
Cons
N/a
Very Challeging
Pharmacy Technician, Inpatient & Outpatient (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 12, 2015
I'm don't even know what to say..." twenty words minimum"...ok...well: daily shootings, bomb threats, my car has been broken into as well as hit on more than one occasion, assaulted... I guess if I can survive 3 years in the war zone I can make it anywhere!
Acmc
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 11, 2015
was a good place i was with yamas controls at the time finishing my apprenticeship with local 104 when yamas lost the contract and the chief engineer offered me a journeymen engineer position.
Not the best place
Eligibility Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 1, 2015
This place has great employees however management here isnt the best. Over the years there has been many changes and with a bit of clean up this would be a great place to work.