Alameda Health System Employee Reviews

great place to work
Administrative Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 30, 2018
AHS is one of the fastest growing system based organizations in the bay area, its fast paced multi inclusional environment provides something special for people from all over the world.
Pros
located in the heart of oakland
Cons
pay rates arent competitive with surrounding hospitals
It sucks
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAAugust 7, 2018
To many messy people including management to much back biting, talking about people and telling on each other. If your friends with management your in if not the stay on you. People fighting
Great company
Billing Tech II/Cash Posting Specialist II (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAAugust 6, 2018
I loved my job at Alameda Health System. The people I worked with were great and willing to help each other when needed. Our manager and supervisor were awesome. They were always available for any questions and concerns.
Pros
Salary
Stay Away
Sr. Revenue Integrity Analyst - EBEW (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJune 5, 2018
This organization takes dysfunction to another level. Management changes and there is a lack of training. Benefits are excellent but salary levels are horrible.
Very great place to work and grow
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 31, 2018
Alameda Health Systems is a great company to work for and to grow. I learned to work as a team and how to make decisions in tough situations. The culture is very diverse. The most enjoyable part of the job is the patients, talking and communicating with them.
lack of leadership and poor management skills for the program I am working
Masters Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 14, 2018
Poor management skills. Person does not understand the program under management; therefore, making poor decisions affecting patients quality of care and service.
Productive, Organized place to work.
PBX OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAMay 10, 2018
It is a productive, organized, fast environment place to work for , but worth it. Have to be able to multi task. Must be reliable, outgoing, have great communication skills, able to work as a team and individual.
great learning and people
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 10, 2018
multicultural, diverse staff and patient population and seems like staff mostly gets along well. their ER is extremely busy since it's a safety net trauma center hospital. expect to be busy all day and night.
Pros
an amazing learning experience where you will see and do everything
Cons
seems like every department is underfunded so cutting corners on supplies and additional staff
department
Account Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 27, 2018
there is no advancement within the alameda Health system. its who you know not what you know. other contractors come in and implement there policy not the hospital policy and procedures.
job title
Account Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 19, 2018
I thought the position that I applied for would match my skills and abilities. It didn't. the job title has you thinking that that is the work that you will be doing.
Pros
free food
Cons
not consistent, pay way too low
Productive and fun
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 4, 2018
I enjoy my job there a lot because I used to give injections and eye testing, u/a's, tb testing, hearing testing. I enjoyed working for at that time was my community.
Pros
Good lunch time and hours of working.
Cons
High crime area
Compassionate Hospital
Assistant Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 13, 2018
It's apparent that everyone works here because they love to serve the vulnerable and low-income populations. Everyone is very passionate and kind. Until next time! Thank you for a great opportunity!
Intense training program
Psychology Intern (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 8, 2018
Great supervisors and an intense clientele. You get folks from all kinds of backgrounds for clients and many of them have experienced substantial trauma.
Too bad the program is not better supported by the hospital/county.
Pros
Food per diem, free shuttle from BART
Cons
Super stressful, not the most respected program by the brass
Good Experience
Medical Staff Credentials Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 8, 2018
So far working here has been a good experience. It is right across from the oracle arena and there is a shuttle that takes you to the Bart station in case you don't have a car.
Lack of leadership, poor communication
Nurse Manager, Highland Hospital (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 7, 2018
Join the new epic ehr team only if you are desperately looking for a job. The epic ehr program director lacks clinical and operational knowledge, no epic experience, zero people management skills, poor communication skills, but full of attitude and will always belittle you. On top of that very low pay and lots of uncertainty. The only positive side is good health benefits and generous personal time off policy.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Uncertainty, poor/no leadership
Poor Management
IS Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAMarch 6, 2018
Worked in the IS department. There was a leadership change and the new EHR program director has no knowledge of Epic or clinical applications and was very hard to work with, so decided to quit.
Pros
good health benefits
Cons
poor management
Great company to work for
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 2, 2018
Great company to work for. I wish I get more hours. Management are great, employees are friendly. ED is fairly busy. Workload is perfect. You are required to work every other weekends.
Great Pay, Bad work atmosphere
Supervisor of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 28, 2018
I was elated to work there when hired but after 3mths I was harassed by one of the union employees who was angry that he was not hired permanently for the position. It made it more stressful for me to conduct my daily work. My partner Ed C., was amazing and the crew that I supervised was amazing and made it great to be apart of the team. I was able to learn a lot.
Pros
great pay, frequent lunch events
Cons
very negative engineers who made it hard to adapt to a new work atmosphere
good luck with this one
Billing Technician II (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAFebruary 27, 2018
lack of leadership, and training tools. Usually nothing but a bunch negativity from the supervisor. it was nice to be able to listen to music on our smartphones while we work. But, I still don't understand why the supervisor complained about me listening to sports podcast with my headphones on. I wasn't disturbing anyone, and if music isn't distracting us from working, sports talk radio shouldn't either.
Pros
benefits, and free shuttle rides to/from the BART
Cons
Working at a Truma Hospital Hospital is hard work. It has prepared me to work in all hospital with all types of people.
Leader / Assit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 21, 2018
I really enjoy working in the hospital setting, working hard and learning new things, helping co-workers, training them in different parts of the hospital, with safety and detail cleaning is something I really enjoy doing as well. I really enjoy when the patience leaving the hospital they feel happy with the cleanliness of their room as well as their room.
Pros
Feeling good going to work.
Cons
Not everyone is fit to work in this enviorment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alameda Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about