Alameda Health System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Stay Away
Sr. Revenue Integrity Analyst - EBEW (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJune 5, 2018
This organization takes dysfunction to another level. Management changes and there is a lack of training. Benefits are excellent but salary levels are horrible.
department
Account Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 27, 2018
there is no advancement within the alameda Health system. its who you know not what you know. other contractors come in and implement there policy not the hospital policy and procedures.
job title
Account Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 19, 2018
I thought the position that I applied for would match my skills and abilities. It didn't. the job title has you thinking that that is the work that you will be doing.
Pros
free food
Cons
not consistent, pay way too low
Productive and fun
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 4, 2018
I enjoy my job there a lot because I used to give injections and eye testing, u/a's, tb testing, hearing testing. I enjoyed working for at that time was my community.
Pros
Good lunch time and hours of working.
Cons
High crime area
Good Experience
Medical Staff Credentials Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 8, 2018
So far working here has been a good experience. It is right across from the oracle arena and there is a shuttle that takes you to the Bart station in case you don't have a car.
Lack of leadership, poor communication
Nurse Manager, Highland Hospital (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 7, 2018
Join the new epic ehr team only if you are desperately looking for a job. The epic ehr program director lacks clinical and operational knowledge, no epic experience, zero people management skills, poor communication skills, but full of attitude and will always belittle you. On top of that very low pay and lots of uncertainty. The only positive side is good health benefits and generous personal time off policy.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Uncertainty, poor/no leadership
Poor Management
IS Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAMarch 6, 2018
Worked in the IS department. There was a leadership change and the new EHR program director has no knowledge of Epic or clinical applications and was very hard to work with, so decided to quit.
Pros
good health benefits
Cons
poor management
Great company to work for
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 2, 2018
Great company to work for. I wish I get more hours. Management are great, employees are friendly. ED is fairly busy. Workload is perfect. You are required to work every other weekends.
good luck with this one
Billing Technician II (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAFebruary 27, 2018
lack of leadership, and training tools. Usually nothing but a bunch negativity from the supervisor. it was nice to be able to listen to music on our smartphones while we work. But, I still don't understand why the supervisor complained about me listening to sports podcast with my headphones on. I wasn't disturbing anyone, and if music isn't distracting us from working, sports talk radio shouldn't either.
Pros
benefits, and free shuttle rides to/from the BART
Cons
Working at a Truma Hospital Hospital is hard work. It has prepared me to work in all hospital with all types of people.
Leader / Assit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 21, 2018
I really enjoy working in the hospital setting, working hard and learning new things, helping co-workers, training them in different parts of the hospital, with safety and detail cleaning is something I really enjoy doing as well. I really enjoy when the patience leaving the hospital they feel happy with the cleanliness of their room as well as their room.
Pros
Feeling good going to work.
Cons
Not everyone is fit to work in this enviorment
Great Benefits
Medical Assistant and Specialty Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 1, 2018
Never a dull moment here at Highland. Fast pace. Multi-cultural patient demographics. Teaching hospital. Great discounts and benefits. Doctors are great to work with
Alameda Health
Dietary Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 29, 2018
Part time only 8-20hours weelky.. No benefits and hours are very low. No career advancements and because this is a union position, advancement in other fields are highly unlikely.
unorganized
Associate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Very unorganized and unprofessional place to work. i would not suggest anyone to work here, nothing but stressful and your manager and department rreally does not support you.
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAOctober 18, 2017
Nice locale, 116 Bed Facility, Moderate Resources, Somewhat friendly staff, complicated managerial structure. Tends to cater to higher earning class of retired local citizens vs. those struggling financially.
Pros
the money is good
Cons
Not a lot of resourceful specialists
Meaningful work in an intense environment. Not for sissies.
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 28, 2017
Meaningful work in an intense environment. Not for sissies. Collegial, integrated situation. Ever changing, ever improving systems. Not boring at all
Horrific Management
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CASeptember 19, 2017
Management here is horrible. How they have become managers is beyond me, many of them take advantage of working away from their own managers so you hardly ever see them there is a lot of them "working from home" and away from their staff. Very little job intelligence. Expect to do things outside of your job duties and for your manager to take credit.

Feedback from employees is not welcomed and instead you'll be viewed as a problem when you bring to light that many employees are not interested in doing their job. Culture is more like dealing with children, having to constantly babysit. AHS went through a name change two years ago yet many internal documents that employees are expected to use still have the old name, that's how little care there is here. Lots of turnover from the top all the way to the bottom except for those just waiting to ride out their retirement pension.
Pros
Not enough
Cons
Disorganized and poor management, systemwide dysfunction
poor management
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 14, 2017
the management here is horrible. I am glad it was only a temporary job. I would not have taken the permanent role even if they offered it to me. I feel the employees are underpaid and overworked. The health and safety of the employees is not sought after at all.
Educational.
LVN Medical- Surgical, Post Partum, NICU Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 15, 2017
It's pleased to serve the diversity of the community, it's fulfilling. If I would give a chance on my next life, I would serve the community again. Care is excellent, although it's a trauma center, reputation is best in cardiovascular accident.
Pros
Diversity employee and clients.
Cons
Short breaks.
good enviroment and the people are undestanding
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJAugust 11, 2017
i like helping and wroking with co-workers and to help the patients. i have had learn many things working there, i learn to be more patiens in what i do and i also learn time management.the people are nice and understanding.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
not enough people to work
Productive fast paced work environment, opportunity for advancement.
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 5, 2017
Typical work day is busy, fast paced and stressful mainly because I worked in the surgery department where I was in charge of ordering labs, blood, and plasma for trauma patients. It was very rewarding to save a patients life.
Pros
free courtesy meals on Nurses celebration month
Cons
Three 10 minute brakes through out the 8 hour work shift