Alameda Health System Management reviews

Terrible
Administrative & Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 29, 2019
This place is a nightmare. To sum it all up, very unprofessional atmosphere, EXTREMELY poor management. Pay is great, if you like to work in complete chaos, no systems in place, no training and no accountability. This place needs a management makeover.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Funn place to work
Dietary worker (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 20, 2019
Great place to work , I enjoyed working at the hospital because of benefits as well as opprutunity for promotion.
Coworkers as well as managements. I needed a change
Pros
Lunch perks
Cons
Healthcare breaks questionable
Given great opportunity
Healthcare IT (EPIC) Recruiter (contract) (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 26, 2018
Overall good company with a big mission and seemingly big heart of most that work there. CEO has a great vision for the company. Great people. I enjoyed the people that I worked with daily.
Great place to get depressed in
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 21, 2018
Poverty, entitlement, verbal, emotional abuse and punitive leaders are all common threads of this medical center.
The turnover of administration is what the problem is. Unstable environment. Cronism with leadership. Leaders who never had a management course in their lives. Don’t know how to relate to nurses, lie all the time and respond “Did I say that? No, not me, never!”
Then they violate all the regulations when the state is here. GI clinic was found to have feces on instruments in sterile packaging. And the nurse leader never thought of inspecting them.
Not a good place for a nurse. Med surg nurses get the worst reputation with SDU a close runner up. This is the leaderships problem. One nurse leader left and now she is back and everyone hopes she will leave.
Pros
Can keep you in shape
Cons
Leadership in nursing
Productive clinical teams
Compliance Officer and Medical Social Worker II (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 7, 2018
Although a typical workday at AHS is fast-paced and the workplace environment is evolutionary and changing and requires flexibility; the diverse workplace culture and staff, collaborative community involvements and generated patient satisfaction makes working at AHS rewarding
Pros
Great healthcare and cafeteria benefits
Cons
Increase cohesiveness between management and staff
Love this company
Account Representative, CPC (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CADecember 2, 2018
I would recommend this company to anyone that wants to start there career in billing, it will help jump start their career, management is great here and
lots of unfair treatment against men of color.
Supervisor of Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CANovember 29, 2018
At this time it has become a very racist place to work its predominantly people of color,but most of the labor analyts are Caucasian and not from the surrounding cities.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
terrible managers, etc
Stressful workplace
Activities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alameda, CAOctober 23, 2018
I work as an activity coord in sub-acute. If you aren't a nurse, you're SOL. They are very cliquey and rude. I do the same thing every day. My supervisor is more concerned to be friends with nurses rather than help other workers.
Pros
Health insurance is free
Cons
Supervisor isn't very helpful
It sucks
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAAugust 7, 2018
To many messy people including management to much back biting, talking about people and telling on each other. If your friends with management your in if not the stay on you. People fighting
Above average!
Emergency Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 17, 2018
After working here for many years I can conclusively state, it's the best place I've ever worked. It's an amazing family here with BY FAR the most interesting clientel in terms of both personality and pathophysiology.

The rub is management. They won't/don't support you. The nurse next to you will, your boss won't. So dont' count on it. Pay is lower than private hospitals but competitive. If you can deal with all that, you'll love it here.
Pros
Autonomy!
Cons
Can't trust your boss.

Want to know more about Alameda Health System?

Ask a question
Stay Away
Sr. Revenue Integrity Analyst - EBEW (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJune 5, 2018
This organization takes dysfunction to another level. Management changes and there is a lack of training. Benefits are excellent but salary levels are horrible.
lack of leadership and poor management skills for the program I am working
Masters Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 14, 2018
Poor management skills. Person does not understand the program under management; therefore, making poor decisions affecting patients quality of care and service.
Lack of leadership, poor communication
Nurse Manager, Highland Hospital (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 7, 2018
Join the new epic ehr team only if you are desperately looking for a job. The epic ehr program director lacks clinical and operational knowledge, no epic experience, zero people management skills, poor communication skills, but full of attitude and will always belittle you. On top of that very low pay and lots of uncertainty. The only positive side is good health benefits and generous personal time off policy.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Uncertainty, poor/no leadership
Poor Management
IS Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAMarch 6, 2018
Worked in the IS department. There was a leadership change and the new EHR program director has no knowledge of Epic or clinical applications and was very hard to work with, so decided to quit.
Pros
good health benefits
Cons
poor management
Great company to work for
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 2, 2018
Great company to work for. I wish I get more hours. Management are great, employees are friendly. ED is fairly busy. Workload is perfect. You are required to work every other weekends.
good luck with this one
Billing Technician II (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAFebruary 27, 2018
lack of leadership, and training tools. Usually nothing but a bunch negativity from the supervisor. it was nice to be able to listen to music on our smartphones while we work. But, I still don't understand why the supervisor complained about me listening to sports podcast with my headphones on. I wasn't disturbing anyone, and if music isn't distracting us from working, sports talk radio shouldn't either.
Pros
benefits, and free shuttle rides to/from the BART
unorganized
Associate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Very unorganized and unprofessional place to work. i would not suggest anyone to work here, nothing but stressful and your manager and department rreally does not support you.
Horrific Management
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CASeptember 19, 2017
Management here is horrible. How they have become managers is beyond me, many of them take advantage of working away from their own managers so you hardly ever see them there is a lot of them "working from home" and away from their staff. Very little job intelligence. Expect to do things outside of your job duties and for your manager to take credit.

Feedback from employees is not welcomed and instead you'll be viewed as a problem when you bring to light that many employees are not interested in doing their job. Culture is more like dealing with children, having to constantly babysit. AHS went through a name change two years ago yet many internal documents that employees are expected to use still have the old name, that's how little care there is here. Lots of turnover from the top all the way to the bottom except for those just waiting to ride out their retirement pension.
Pros
Not enough
Cons
Disorganized and poor management, systemwide dysfunction
poor management
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 14, 2017
the management here is horrible. I am glad it was only a temporary job. I would not have taken the permanent role even if they offered it to me. I feel the employees are underpaid and overworked. The health and safety of the employees is not sought after at all.
Diverse work enviornment
Senior Applications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 12, 2017
A typical workday at A.H.S. is some what hectic. The management and direction of this organization needs to improve. The work culture can be very challenging. The most enjoyable part of the job is serving the community.
Pros
Serves the community
Cons
To many managers and supervisors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alameda Health System. Our community is ready to answer.