Alameda Health System
57Below average

Alameda Health System Employee Reviews

United States153 reviews
Highland hospital is great opportunity to expand work experience with the population of patients that receive services here. Business politics unfortunately looms over a program that serves vulnerable patient population (survivors of intimate partner abuse), increasing staff burnout, lay offs and overall manipulation from management. A company that provides health services shouldn’t have a culture of harming their staff.
Pros
Benefits, cafeteria, staff garden
Cons
Management, parking
Working for Alameda Health Systems was a great job. I was able to advance my skills in purchasing. Alameda Health Sysytem is a great company and have plenty of opportunities to move forward.
I love working here. Family oriented environment. Staff is very helpful and friendly. We use a lot of different systems and I find them to be user friendly.
Pros
Staff is like family.
Cons
A lot of things unorganized
You can literally work anywhere. You learn so much about your own resilience when so many barriers are put in your path. Immediate manager is threatened by anyone who has more experience—therefore creates a hostile environment. Hospitalists are great to work with. CM team is divided and not supportive.
Pros
Small community hospital, parking
Cons
Management, no room for growth
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
The good thing about working here is the staff is compassionate however, change is hard here due to the fact that there are so many people who have been there for such a length of time that they tend to resist change. Also, management makes a lot of decisions without input or knowledge of operations and downstream impacts of those decisions.
The care management system leadership is the worst I've ever seen. They do not support their site managers or staff. They literally lie and will suck everything out of you without a thought to benefit whatever issue they have at the moment. It's nearly unbelievable how underhanded the system director is. Just a snake pit. Wow.
The great benefits are worth all of the other negative aspects. Dedicated employees. The most enjoyable part of the job are the dedicated employees.
This is a place good for new graduates who need some experience and then move out and find something better. Some people seem to have been there for many years and got to a management position with seniority of because they knew somebody. Education does not guarantee anything on this organization.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No room for advancement
Typical work day way fine. I learned patience and customer service skills. Management was fine. Workplace culture was ever changing. Hardest part of the job was not seeing change right away. The most enjoyable part of the job was eventually seeing the change.
Ability to support communities in need. Caring, Healing, and Serving All is what this organization stands for. Excellent place to work and grow professionally.
I worked here as a travel therapist and it was the worst place I have ever worked. The other therapists there do nothing but harass you and will throw you under the bus any chance they get. They are all lazy and will blame you for them not getting their work done. Most of them are lesbians that hate men. Do not take a travel contact here as a respiratory therapist it’s terrible. The nurses are all cool and they all hate the RTs because they are all mean and verbally abusive.
Great environment to gain on hands experience of being in a hospital setting. Able to grow and develop into higher positions as you gain after the probation period.
The organization has lot of great employee benefits, work and life balance is ok depends on the role that you are in the organization.
still takes a long time to implement processes and delays the decision making process.
Have only been here for half-a-year, and i do see myself here for a long-term. I enjoy everyday here. I am only part-time, and i am full-filled in every aspect.
This is an awful place to work. Management is not helpful and the employees have bad attitudes! Parking is horrible! You have to pay for parking at all locations in bad neighborhoods.
Discrimination, poor colleagues mostly and management is the worst I’ve ever seen. Don’t waste your time. Go get paid your worth somewhere the employer will appreciate you.
Pros
Nothing comes to mind
Cons
Management, Pay is terrible
I work for this company , and I love my job since we as all work together as a team, which makes my work easier, every is friendly, and, am salary is fair.
Good company and good benefit. Working environment is Ok. The new epic system is better and all the staff was very nice. Good place to work.Recomand to work.
Very busy. Carefully listen to patient concerns, needs and being able to assist. You see a high diversity of patients. I enjoy being able to assisting all patient needs.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not enough employee recognition
Mgmt for eligibility clerks/specialist is horrible, poor communication, distrust of mgmt and poor working environment. If mgmt stopped trying to sleep with staff rather than performing task, the efforts would be
You have to have thick skin to work here. But you will learn a lot and you can move around.They have a lot of positions available and they pay really well.