Alamo Group Employee Reviews

Wouldn’t recommend but it’ll pay the bills.
Welder (Current Employee) –  Seguin, TXAugust 19, 2018
Not a bad place to be if unemployment checks are your only other option. Severe logistical issues that result in parts always being short or missing. Certain groups of individuals receive different disciplinary treatment and compensation. Nepotism and favoritism are strong here. Seniority is more important than skill or merit. Pay is okay really for what they expect. Low standards in general in terms of quality. Lots of overtime available.
Pros
It’s very very difficult to be fired from here.
Cons
It’s very hard to stay happy at Alamo.
Terrible experience working here
Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 14, 2018
Turnover is horrendous.. during my time there, 8 people cycled thru the group. Would never work there again.. unprofessional and classless managment. The only thing I would say positive is they will occasionally spring for food.
I would be glad to work there as a full time employee
Clerical Temp, Tax Office (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXApril 30, 2018
My working situation was as a temporary clerk. Everyone was nice and helpful and I would like to work there as full time employee. I was there only 2 months so my experience was limited. There were no issues that I found.
Pros
Concerned about their employees
Cons
none that pertained to me
Enjoy making a difference as trainer.
Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXApril 8, 2018
Working for the Alamo family was an honor and a pleasure. I set up my own travel. Presented 6 hours of training to the department of transportation (DOT) employees. Also, I conducted plant Health and Safety training and Safety Audits. Management was easy to work with and employees were great people. To me they were family. The hardest part of the job was the Friday night flights back to Texas. The most enjoyable part of job Alamo Group took care of everything when I travel.
Pros
The company trust and allowing me to work independently.
Cons
Late night flights back to Texas.
Enjoyed working at Alamo Group
Accountant (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 12, 2018
Very good company with excellent culture and benefits. Most days were low stress except at quarter and year end close. Enjoyed working with coworkers. Management was distant at times, but did do a good job providing you with tools and skills training necessary to do your job well.
Pros
Good benefits and great people
Cons
Few
A bit too far
Manufacturing Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXDecember 12, 2017
I general, I enjoyed working here. Some of the systems in place were a little home grown for me, but that was many years ago. I think if the drive had not been so far, I might have continued there.
Alamo Group
Technical Writer\Illustrator (Former Employee) –  Gibson City, ILNovember 30, 2017
A great company to work for. They paid competitively and had good benefits. The leadership believe in their employees abilities and let them do their work. It's a very collaborative work environment and the company listens to all employees at every level.
Pros
Great work environment, collaborative
Cons
Manufacturing tied closely to agricultural performance
Typical corperate business model and lack of appreciation.
Installer 1 (Former Employee) –  Wh Rose (Columbia, CT)November 21, 2017
I was an installer building heavy equipment and dump trucks at wh rose owned by alamo group. I loved what I did and the guys I worked with. But the internal management treated employees horribly, we weren't paid what we should have been and the harder we worked the more they wanted. Most of this I could deal with except internal management, the operations manager talked to people like they were dumb or inferior, lots of yelling and high school like antics.
Pros
Good benefits, great co-workers
Cons
Horrible internal management, overtime expected, compensation
Great coworkers.
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 12, 2017
Great work enviroment , great management , poor air system no air condition and poor heating. Poor safety practices. Alot of paid holidays and vacation time.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No air condition in break room.
Good Company
Credit Clerk / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXAugust 7, 2017
Assist Customers and Vendors on accounts over the phone. Light collections. Set up new files on Vendors. Processed Universal Code with Secretary of State. Processed renewals, amendments and terminations on existing files.
Pros
Awards
Cons
Good Health Coveage
Okay place to work.
Cycle Counter (Current Employee) –  Gibson City, ILJune 13, 2017
It starts out to be a good place to work then when you are there awhile they try to get you to quit. Then treat you badly.\

They don't you the correct amount of money for your experience.
Poor work environment and poor pay
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXMarch 7, 2017
Worked in Accounting. The only positive about this company is that they do provide training to perform your responsibilities. The rest is all negative. Management doesn't follow through on ideas presented to make the process more efficient. They expect you to perform the job for peanuts and can legally get by with doing this by stating this is an accounting clerk position when in fact it is really an accounts payable specialist position. Not "employee friendly" because of all the rules and regulations which benefit the company, not the employee. If you like working somewhere that you can hardly sneeze without asking permission.......more power to you.
Pros
Training
Cons
No work to life balance, poor response by management to suggestions for process improvement, pay not proportionate to work performed.
Does not understand the work
Picker/Packer/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Gibson City, ILFebruary 20, 2017
I love the work but i can not stand the way that upper management treats those that are under them. Most Coworkers are simply out for them selves and only look for ways to get out of doing their job and pushing it on to others.
Pros
The work itself is good, few good people
Cons
Treated as if your time is unimportant, makes you feel depressive
Strong involvement with other employees to ensure job complete
Buyer, Customer Service and Sales (Former Employee) –  Gibson City, ILJanuary 25, 2017
Various products in ag and industrial mowing equipment offers as well as technical services and part replacement
Various computer programs to use and review
Forecasting was not always in line with lead times for parts needed to run product lines
Friendly employees
Excellent customer service
Educated professionals to assist in daily needs or issues
Pros
Large product offerings with tech & service support
Cons
Production schedules and part lead times could create alot of fires
ok
Assembler 1, distribution/dock worker (Former Employee) –  Gibson City, ILDecember 16, 2016
Not a good work and life balance..Poor pay scale..Need improvement on management to employee relationship.. very little support from corporate level. They expect you to break your back for peanuts
Good job, very interesting, a good place to work.
Technical Engineer in Tool and Die Dept (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXDecember 15, 2016
I was laid off from Alamo Group. The people on the shop floor were for the most part, good people to work with. Helpful and provisional. But the management at the time did not show good judgment and could have done better for the company and it's employees.
Pros
Good break area and interesting work.
Cons
Management could have done more for its employees.
It was a good place to work.
Machine Operater / Laborer (Former Employee) –  Holton, KSDecember 3, 2016
They were very good about the training and had good people working there. When they wanted you to do a different job they asked you if you needed help or training for that specific machine and job.
Pros
good raises
Cons
was a hot dirty job
Part clerk
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 13, 2016
Management is all about Quantity, And not quality. They no longer care about their employees. Schwarze use to be a good place to work. Too much micromanaging.
Worst company to work for
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  New Philadelphia, OHJune 10, 2016
Too much caring about how they look, the money in s few peoples pockets, and they do not have a clue what they are doing. Poor department organization and horrible shift managment. No raises, no advancements. Just a bunch of people protecting thier own jobs by degrading others because they themselves have no self worth.
Mig welding under a contractor for CAT
MIG Welder (Former Employee) –  Gibson City, ILFebruary 9, 2016
Great job, lots of great employees. It was a fun atmosphere. But they laid off and closed down back 2007 otherwise I would definitely still be there.
Pros
Good hours. Great environment.
Cons
Temperature regulation in the shop was terrible. Ventilation wasnt great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alamo Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about