Alamo National Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Different company
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 11, 2018
This company is not the same company I worked for close to 20 years ago, making reviewing it pointless. I wish I did not have to do this just to proceed in finding a new job.
Retail oriented customer service with damage insurance preparation.
Management Trainee Program (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAMay 29, 2018
Responsible for vendor relations. Recognized profit center of South Eastern Virginia. Operation current year rental vehicles. Interacting with customers and providing a need during difficult transitional phase.
Pros
Providing a necessary service to those in their time of hardship.
Cons
Automobile detailing during sub freezing winter conditions.
National car Rental
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Durango, COMay 10, 2018
I would start the day by looking to see what cars we needed for that day. And a couple of extras cars for walk ups. I would go and clean the cars we needed then I would help at the front desk with customer service.
Fast paced, exposed to meet new people everyday
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 3, 2018
Alamo is the best place to work. I left the company when i had my son. and really missed the management team, co- workers and also customers. it has been a pleasant experience.
Great place to work for friendly outgoing people
RENTAL RETURNS AGENT (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 30, 2018
Alamo National is a great place for young people to work. Great job for outgoing young people who do not mind the changes in the weather at DIA. Great
Diving passengers to airport and port
Driver (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 10, 2018
Inspected bus daily for damage and ensured equipment was in working order
Transports 200 plus passengers from rental car facility to port of Miami and Miami International Airport
Assists all passengers, with luggage.
Ensures that all passengers are wearing their seat belt.
Assists in courteou, respectful and efficient manner while transporting them.
Drives in a safe and alert manner.
Maintains a satisfactory driving record by adhering to traffic laws and conducting vehicle in a safe manner.
Be sure to return them home safe.
Pros
Work in a great company
Cons
no cons
great company
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 9, 2018
This company offered growth. Well paid and a company car for any employee. You can take a different car home every night. They pay was amazing. I am sorry that they left the area.
Best job of my career.
Master Technician (Current Employee) –  QueensMarch 11, 2018
Great job but had to relocate. My co workers were great,my service manager was a fair and decent man. only reason I left was because of a life situation. Best job of my career.
Exciting new kind of work with promises for advancement
Sales Representative, Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 8, 2018
Very good stable company to give me the opportunity to start and learn ground floor of their operation. Steady-fast-pace style l of business, had somewhat demands but were attainable at all times.
I was promoted to Area Sales Representative and then promoted to Branch Manager. Managed a branch in New Orleans you 1 year and opened a new location in Baton Rouge with 250 in our total fleet. A lot of changes were being talked about and merging Alamo with National RAC and a better opportunity came to me by Safelite recruiting director for a opportunity I could no pass up.
Pros
COmpany Car, expense account, discounts on rentals
Cons
Limited growth with the merge of Alamo/National RAC
National/Alamo Summary
Rental Car Return Agent/Lot Driver (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NC 27560February 28, 2018
A typical day in the Return Lane is watching and waving customers in to return their cars. The hardest part about this position is dealing with disgruntled customers! A typical day is moving vehicles on/off the car rental lot. Management is cordial. The workplace culture is tolerable, employees are a joy to work with! The hardest part of the job is watching out for pedestrians while driving and other drivers as well, like on the highway. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing other employees.
cool job
Greeter (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDFebruary 27, 2018
I've been here for a while it's a cool laid back job. Ive h
always wanted to see new cars and this job was perfect for driving and exploring inside features of cars.
great people great fun
City Station Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 27, 2018
I loved my time working in all areas of the car rental industry. As well as it allowed me to travel all over the country meeting new people and different work environments.
Very Sales Intensive
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 23, 2018
Very sales intensive, Management team was not very supportive. Overall not a bad company to work for. There was a change in
management which caused a lot of issues for employees.
Productive and quick pace to work
Station Manager / Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 19, 2018
I of the best place to work. As a manager not even I was working with employees also was involved with their training. Working side by side with them.
absolute solitude
Driver (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 19, 2018
I like to work by myself, but when that entails extracting dirty cars I have to squeeze down into and drive for 5 minutes before rinse and repeat my back starts to hurt.
Great place
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNFebruary 17, 2018
National was busy preparing for take over so I did a lot of training to the field staff to handle my job.
I learned a lot of patience!
My manager was the best and comfortable to work with.
I loved working with the staff-good people.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Relocation
NO room for advancement
Manager (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYFebruary 1, 2018
The culture was poor & you have to do too much work/reports to get the day going. The customer experience was not great either. The salary was poor the only perks was getting a car to drive around.
Pros
Management car to drive
Cons
The pay was low
Great Stepping Stone
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  DFW Airport, TX and Denver, COJanuary 31, 2018
I loved working at National Car Rental/Alamo Rent-a-Car. The business culture is one where everyone helps each other and frequently we cross train into other positions. There's always a challenge in this environment and remaining positive is a daily responsibility especially since it is a customer-centric atmosphere. Protecting personal information is required and if you love working airport market, then this company is for you.
Pros
Great people to work with
It was all right
Lot shuttler (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIJanuary 29, 2018
Slow pace work week
how to drive different cars
management was alright
no hard part of the job
most enjoyable part was always working in a group and finishing 2 hours early on really slow days .
great work place
Car Detailer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 28, 2018
quick pace day, how to detail cars very good, the management was great, I love the work place culture, detailing a massive amount of cars during the work shift, seeing the smiles on customers faces.