Alamogordo Public Schools Employee Reviews

Great schools!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMOctober 17, 2018
Even though the school system suffers from the same issues as all other schools in NM, this system cares about its employees and students! It's a great place to work!
Pros
Great kids!
Cons
Lower pay.
small district
former employee (Former Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMJanuary 31, 2018
small district; fairly collaborative; opportunity for advancement with strong work ethic; can be cut throat if get on the wrong side of some individuals
Pay is horrible for SNS
Student Nutrition Worker (Former Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMOctober 11, 2017
The overall manager has no idea how to run school cafeterias, and rarely stops by to see how the kitchens are running. The pay is hard to survive on if it is your only income.
The staff at Holloman Elementary is great.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Holloman AFB, NMOctober 5, 2017
The teachers can request a specific person to be the sub for their class. If you have a good reputation among the teachers, you will have no problem booking jobs.
Great place to work if you love children!
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMOctober 2, 2017
APS doesn't pay great, but that's not just them! No school district does. For this job you obviously aren't in it for the money, but because you love children and find a genuine need in your heart to help them succeed! The kids are absolutely wonderful and they make every day great.
Pros
Healthcare offered
Cons
No overtime, the pay
good
English as a Second Language Teacher (Current Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMAugust 2, 2017
Overall, I mostly enjoyed working with the children. The management could have been more consistent in their evaluation process. I did not agree with the amount of time I was allowed to work with the students. I needed more time.
Work family atmosphere
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMJuly 26, 2017
A typical day includes working with children on different levels, be it educating or helping with social issues. The workplace itself presents as more of a family than a coworker type environment. The hardest part of the job is the feeling of not being able to reach all the kids and help them to achieve their full potential.
Enjoyed being a substitute teacher
substitute teacher (Former Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMJune 30, 2017
I worked in Elementary and Middle Schools in the area with students in general and special education classes. I really enjoyed working with the children and many of the teachers. However, I would recommend that others wishing to work for them start out as instructional assistants, as they will get to work at the schools regularly and will get to establish themselves better than a substitute teacher. Being a sub in this district is more about who you know than about your teaching abilities.
Pros
I was always able to have a lunch time and most of the teachers were welcoming and helpful.
Cons
there were no benefits and no advancement with this job.
Great Place to work.
Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alamogordo, NM 88310January 11, 2017
Alamogordo Public Schools is a great place to work. The advantages is that you are off when the students are off. Salary and benefits need to be better.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMMarch 20, 2016
I enjoyed working for the school district very much. Loved that I could choose when I worked and which schools and that could work in my own children's schools and classrooms even. The staff at these schools was great to work with as well.
Great administration and staff
4th grade educator (Former Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMOctober 4, 2015
Grade partners were hard working. Principal's administration & his assistance with open door policy for both teacher/parents. He was always present when needed. Contant collaboration with fellow teachers and their assistance at grade level meetings & to assit was wonderful, helpful, as well as, made things easier. Management kept school up to date with curriculum changes, state/federal objectives to align school resources with upcoming state assessment. Professional developments & grade level school year lay out of subjects to assist students to ace the test
Pros
Excellent principal and Hard working grade level
Challenging, yet satisfying place to work
Human Resources Secretary (Former Employee) –  Alamogordo, New MexicoSeptember 24, 2015
Supportive management and colleagues in an enthusiastic place to work. Time off was great and made for a good work ethic as there was never a burn out period. A great deal of face to face interaction with diverse public and employees which made work exciting and new everyday.
buay, productive, fun, educational
Special Education Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMJuly 20, 2015
Running around with students, working with students, I learned what a pleasure it is to work with students with disabilities.The hardest part of the job were the behavioral outbreaks. I think the world of my boss as a teacher, boss, and human in general
Pros
Learning so much about working with students with disibilities
Cons
Behaviorial problems
Great Benefits, great schedule, great job
Data Manager (Current Employee) –  Alamogordo High SchoolJuly 1, 2015
Great Benefits, great schedule, great job. The budget is so non-existent that all employees with the exception of upper management are doing 2 sometimes 3 jobs. Co-workers are fantastic, you definitely learn many new jobs because you are expected to" wear many hats" as the Superintendent put it, the job itself is great if you can manage to stay in the some position for at least 1 year because every year they transition your job into something else
Pros
Great Benefits, great schedule, great job
Cons
low pay, under appreciated, asked to do too many other positions
nice place to work with good coworkers.
Painter (Former Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMMay 28, 2015
I would paint anything they asked me to paint. I would also help with general maintenance issues around the public school area. good coworkers and good employers.
Enjoyable position
Music Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMFebruary 28, 2015
Through this position I have learned patience and classroom management. I have learned many new things about instruments and different artists. The management is ok, but is yet to be desired. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the students everyday.
Co-Workers
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMAugust 13, 2012
My fellow teachers were the greatest people to work with. They are there when you need them even when you didn't know you did. They work hard every day to help each of their students succeed.
Large class sizes & little admin. support
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMJuly 5, 2012
Overall, my experience with this school district was unfavorable. The district tends to try to make teachers and staff do more work (classes, preps., etc.) to avoid hiring more qualified teachers, and administrators do not support teachers, especially regarding problem behavior, discipline, and academic achievement/standards.
Fun work place.
Student Nutrition (Current Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMMay 30, 2012
Prepared and cooked food for the students. Cleaned, and kept in good working condition preperation equipment. wash dishes and put away. Sweep and mop floor. Prep food for next day. I enjoyed working with my co-worker who was also my boss. There wasent really anything hard about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the kids enjoy the food we prepared for them.
Pros
easy going atmospher. good conversation, and the free lunch.
Cons
i only worked part time, and had no health care.
Fun
Administrative Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMApril 10, 2012
Working with the schools gave me so much new experiences that I needed. All the staff was great.
Pros
na
Cons
na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alamogordo Public Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

Alamogordo Public Schools Reviews by Location