Alana HealthCare Employee Reviews

Alana
Accounts Payable Administrator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 16, 2018
My day would start at 7am and everyone else would start a 8:30 or 9:30. There is no communication between upper management and employees. I would have to depend on someone else to get my mail from other office. Being told i am liar,
Pros
okay for someone not looking for a future
Great team
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 1, 2018
I loved working for Alana Healthcare. The Long Beach branch closed down so I was sad about that. I appreciate the people I worked with and am glad I had the opportunity to work with them.
Alana
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 20, 2018
I learned so much at Alana. The experience I received put me above any therapist I have worked with in Alabama. They can do more in Tennessee as a therapist so the experience I will be ever so grateful for. If the drive had not been so far I would still be there.
Excellent company
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 20, 2018
Excellent company and I love working for the company. Excellent benefits, great staff, great patients, great incentives, as well as positive and fun learning experience.
Pros
Cons
great opportunity to excel
Moraly rewarding company mission.
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJuly 29, 2018
Great mission, long hours, somewhat flexible scheduling, very supportive management, dedicated team. Program change to meet patient's needs. Good pay and benefits.
Patient oriented
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 15, 2018
Great patient oriented company,
Terrific patient relationship development,
Independent work schedule,
Lots of travel,
More working hours than anticipated,
Continuous corporate changes,
Pros
Company mission
Cons
Company time commitment impose upon personal time
organization focused on helping patients with health related concerns
respiratory therapist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 5, 2018
working with Alana Healthcare was delightful. Helping my patients stay healthy and helping them with any problems they had was rewarding. It was difficult to say goodbye to the patients that completed the comprehensive respiratory outcome management program after one year.. I really enjoyed being able to plan my work week and schedule all visits.
Pros
flexible schedule, strong team for support
Cons
travel time during the week could be rather lengthy
It was a good place to work
Territory Manager, Middle Tennessee (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 8, 2018
Communication was poor with upper management and the focus was not certain at times. The upper management did not communicate an investment with middle management, operations, and sales. Therefore, an internal reorganization happened causing many people to lose their jobs. It was heart breaking because we were growing and the company fell within 3 months.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Lack of Communication
Very unstable. Lack of effective leadership
Field Employee (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 12, 2018
Steer clear. Multiple leadership changes, lack of respect for employees , as well as circumventing the purpose of what the mission was about ie making a difference with every patient, is but a few of the restructuring mistakes this Company has made in the last couple of years. Because of this, the Company is inconsistent, showing the inability to have stamina necessary to be a successful contributor in the Healthcare arena. As proven with several key people having left in the last few months, I would run away.
Pros
Working from home. Pay is competitive.
Cons
Not having enough work to do.
Great idea but no follow through
RRT (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 7, 2018
No matter how hard you work and always go the extra mile it is never noticed. I’m the end you will be replaced by a lower paid therapist. The idea that was first implemented is no longer there
Great job with advancement opportunities and good pay.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  East TennesseeFebruary 5, 2018
Fast paced and you must be self motivated to work. They pay well and have good benefits. You can make your own schedule and as long as your work gets completed, No one says anything.
Pros
Pay, making your own schedule
Cons
Being on call often
Becareful
Technician (Former Employee) –  MDJanuary 24, 2018
You never know when the ax will fall a facility can dismiss without cause at will. Heaven help you if tick off nursing. They will burn you instead of taking responsibility for their lack of skill
Alana Respiratory Care Practiitoner
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILDecember 24, 2017
My experience with Alana has been positive. My facility has been in operation for about a year. Supplies could be better and I would prefer not to work alone on most shifts. Aside from this the company is fair.
staff home field therapist
Respiratory field therapst (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 18, 2017
Alana has been a great company to work for, They are very professional and make each employee feel valued and professional. They are very prompt with issues from computer technical difficulites to equipment questions.
Pros
perks
I love this job
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) (Current Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALDecember 5, 2017
Monday - Friday, no weekends, no holidays, no night shifts. Easy, laid back job. As long as you get your work done, you are on your own. Not being micro-managed. I am part of the CROM program. We educate patients with COPD on disease management. Ultimately, we help them have a better quality of life and stay out of the hospital. This is a home care job. Most of the homes are not nice. Most of the patients have small dogs. Some of them are still smokers. But ALL of them are happy to see you and look forward to the visits. The patients are in the program voluntarily because they WANT to get better and take better care of themselves. No sales pitches or pressure.
Can be a great place to work if some ego's were checked at the door.
Registered Respirstory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 6, 2017
Fast paced and intense place to work. Direct supervisor has an ego problem and is a control freak that is never wrong and is not open to suggestions. Managers above the direct supervisors are awesome but very seldom to we field RT's have any direct contact with them.
Pros
Morally rewarding
Cons
Ego's and lack of advancement
I love this job!
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 15, 2017
I thoroughly enjoy the work that I do with my patients. To be able to teach patients how to recognize their symptoms early enough to avoid an exacerbation, or help them realize what their symptoms are indicating during their everyday home activities has proven to be an amazing experience. If you enjoy working with patients to help improve their ADL's and social abilities, and help to avoid exacerbations in which they normally end up in the hospital, then you'll love this job too.

I work in the field, so I can't comment on working for corporate, although when I have needed something from the corporate office, i.e. IT, HR, time off, equipment updates and orders, and many, many other questions, they have been extremely prompt, informative, and easy to work with, and have never made me feel bullied, stupid, or harassed because I have a question or don't understand something. I have found that they value communication and work to keep everyone up to speed.

I have worked for the company for 2 years, and although there have been many major changes and national growth, they have striven to make sure that we are all up to date, and are eager and willing to answer questions. The corporate office seems to understand the massive changes that have occurred, and work to keep everyone in the loop.

The company is also big on praise vs. punishment; they send out little appreciation gifts throughout the year in order to recognize the work that the therapists/employees do. I feel appreciated when I receive these gifts, which reminds me I'm not just a number, but a valued employee!
Pros
Ability to work one on one with patients, benefits packages, appreciation gifts, communication, self scheduling, provided information and equipment as needed.
Cons
Being on the road all day, out of area (which makes taking a lunch less than comfortable)
unstable
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  TNSeptember 30, 2017
Great place to work if you are a clinician or therapist. Otherwise, the environment is unstable. It is a start up company and has changed direction multiple times. You never know who is next to go...
Was awesome at first
RRT (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 11, 2017
I loved working for Alana when it was first started, but as they grew into a bigger company, changed management that was a different story. When it was small, the employees weren't just a number on the payroll. Everyone knew everyone. We'd get together for education and have a great time. Management actually cared about our patients. Now its all about making the money. I loved educating family and the pt on managing COPD. I loved making a difference in their lives. CROM was and is still an awesome program. I just think they lost site of what was important.
Pros
Pay and benifits, no holidays.
Cons
Being on call, micromanaged, car wear and tear.
Enjoyed working with the patients
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 22, 2017
The company was ok to work for, but they did not come through with some of the commitments they promised. The management group is ok to work with. I like the sales group they were committed to the company and fought their competitors to reserve certain company contracts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alana HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.