Alana HealthCare Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
It was a good place to work
Territory Manager, Middle Tennessee (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 8, 2018
Communication was poor with upper management and the focus was not certain at times. The upper management did not communicate an investment with middle management, operations, and sales. Therefore, an internal reorganization happened causing many people to lose their jobs. It was heart breaking because we were growing and the company fell within 3 months.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Lack of Communication
Very unstable. Lack of effective leadership
Field Employee (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 12, 2018
Steer clear. Multiple leadership changes, lack of respect for employees , as well as circumventing the purpose of what the mission was about ie making a difference with every patient, is but a few of the restructuring mistakes this Company has made in the last couple of years. Because of this, the Company is inconsistent, showing the inability to have stamina necessary to be a successful contributor in the Healthcare arena. As proven with several key people having left in the last few months, I would run away.
Pros
Working from home. Pay is competitive.
Cons
Not having enough work to do.
Great idea but no follow through
RRT (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 7, 2018
No matter how hard you work and always go the extra mile it is never noticed. I’m the end you will be replaced by a lower paid therapist. The idea that was first implemented is no longer there
Great job with advancement opportunities and good pay.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  East TennesseeFebruary 5, 2018
Fast paced and you must be self motivated to work. They pay well and have good benefits. You can make your own schedule and as long as your work gets completed, No one says anything.
Pros
Pay, making your own schedule
Cons
Being on call often
Becareful
Technician (Former Employee) –  MDJanuary 24, 2018
You never know when the ax will fall a facility can dismiss without cause at will. Heaven help you if tick off nursing. They will burn you instead of taking responsibility for their lack of skill
Alana Respiratory Care Practiitoner
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILDecember 24, 2017
My experience with Alana has been positive. My facility has been in operation for about a year. Supplies could be better and I would prefer not to work alone on most shifts. Aside from this the company is fair.
staff home field therapist
Respiratory field therapst (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 18, 2017
Alana has been a great company to work for, They are very professional and make each employee feel valued and professional. They are very prompt with issues from computer technical difficulites to equipment questions.
Pros
perks
I love this job
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) (Current Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALDecember 5, 2017
Monday - Friday, no weekends, no holidays, no night shifts. Easy, laid back job. As long as you get your work done, you are on your own. Not being micro-managed. I am part of the CROM program. We educate patients with COPD on disease management. Ultimately, we help them have a better quality of life and stay out of the hospital. This is a home care job. Most of the homes are not nice. Most of the patients have small dogs. Some of them are still smokers. But ALL of them are happy to see you and look forward to the visits. The patients are in the program voluntarily because they WANT to get better and take better care of themselves. No sales pitches or pressure.
Can be a great place to work if some ego's were checked at the door.
Registered Respirstory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 6, 2017
Fast paced and intense place to work. Direct supervisor has an ego problem and is a control freak that is never wrong and is not open to suggestions. Managers above the direct supervisors are awesome but very seldom to we field RT's have any direct contact with them.
Pros
Morally rewarding
Cons
Ego's and lack of advancement
I love this job!
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 15, 2017
I thoroughly enjoy the work that I do with my patients. To be able to teach patients how to recognize their symptoms early enough to avoid an exacerbation, or help them realize what their symptoms are indicating during their everyday home activities has proven to be an amazing experience. If you enjoy working with patients to help improve their ADL's and social abilities, and help to avoid exacerbations in which they normally end up in the hospital, then you'll love this job too.

I work in the field, so I can't comment on working for corporate, although when I have needed something from the corporate office, i.e. IT, HR, time off, equipment updates and orders, and many, many other questions, they have been extremely prompt, informative, and easy to work with, and have never made me feel bullied, stupid, or harassed because I have a question or don't understand something. I have found that they value communication and work to keep everyone up to speed.

I have worked for the company for 2 years, and although there have been many major changes and national growth, they have striven to make sure that we are all up to date, and are eager and willing to answer questions. The corporate office seems to understand the massive changes that have occurred, and work to keep everyone in the loop.

The company is also big on praise vs. punishment; they send out little appreciation gifts throughout the year in order to recognize the work that the therapists/employees do. I feel appreciated when I receive these gifts, which reminds me I'm not just a number, but a valued employee!
Pros
Ability to work one on one with patients, benefits packages, appreciation gifts, communication, self scheduling, provided information and equipment as needed.
Cons
Being on the road all day, out of area (which makes taking a lunch less than comfortable)
unstable
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  TNSeptember 30, 2017
Great place to work if you are a clinician or therapist. Otherwise, the environment is unstable. It is a start up company and has changed direction multiple times. You never know who is next to go...
Was awesome at first
RRT (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 11, 2017
I loved working for Alana when it was first started, but as they grew into a bigger company, changed management that was a different story. When it was small, the employees weren't just a number on the payroll. Everyone knew everyone. We'd get together for education and have a great time. Management actually cared about our patients. Now its all about making the money. I loved educating family and the pt on managing COPD. I loved making a difference in their lives. CROM was and is still an awesome program. I just think they lost site of what was important.
Pros
Pay and benifits, no holidays.
Cons
Being on call, micromanaged, car wear and tear.
Enjoyed working with the patients
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 22, 2017
The company was ok to work for, but they did not come through with some of the commitments they promised. The management group is ok to work with. I like the sales group they were committed to the company and fought their competitors to reserve certain company contracts.
Great Comapny
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Newton NCMarch 19, 2017
Innovative, fills a need!!! This company is growing due to their innovative spirit. Employees are treated well. Benefits are good. Overall a great company.
Pros
make own schedule
Cons
lots of time in personal vehicle
Good company. No complaints.
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 2, 2016
I've been working for Alana for 6 months. I'm a field RT in the Nashville area. I came from a huge learning hospital, a children's hospital at that so it has been a big change for me to work here. For those who are not familiar with Alana, we are COPD educators, preventative care.
The orientation process was intense but very easy to learn if you care enough to pay attention and try a little. So after a week of classroom training and another week of shadowing in the field, they sent me out on my own assignment. You will be provided with all the material you need to succeed in this company. There are resources available by phone, text or email. You're never all alone even even though you might feel it.
That is probably my only complaint with this company. I have been working here for 6 months and have only met two of my co-workers. I've never even met my supervisor. I am a social person and I miss the hospital, working with hundreds of co-workers daily. I miss critical care and pediatrics a lot but this is a great job and company for a single mom who needs flexibility!
The flexibility and scheduling out weighs the hospital. I work 4 days a week, schedule my own patients. It's a very independent gig. I don't answer to anyone daily which I love. If my child is sick or I have a flat tire I just call my patients that are scheduled that day and put them on another day. Also - I HAVE WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS OFF! That was a huge turn on. I've also developed some amazing friendships with my patients. Some of them are not so fun. But that being said I'm not here to have fun, just here
  more... to help sick people.
There is computer work that I fumbled with in the beginning month or so. I probably put in a few hours over 40 for a couple of weeks without being paid but in my opinion there's homework with any job. You have to learn the paperwork and computer stuff before you can be super fast and efficient at it. Just hang in there. The computer stuff will sink in soon enough and you'll be super fast at it. I remember being really frustrated in the beginning.
Pros
Flexibility, no holidays or weekends, great benefits, good training, good resources, room for growth and promotion
Cons
Working alone
This Job Is What YOU Make it
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 26, 2016
This has been a great company to work for if you are willing to do what it takes to learn your material and make it interesting for your patients. Encouragement, enthusiasm and personality go a long way. My patients are interactive and constantly tell me how much the CROM program has helped them. We are truly there to fill in the gaps, answer their questions, and guide them onto the right path when it comes to their respiratory health. The only "bad" part I can name is that you will occasionally have a patient cancel because they are sick, in the hospital, had a death in the family or will be out of town which comes with any job dealing with appointments; you cannot predict the future. The training can be intense, but it's preparing you to be well equipped when you arrive to the patient's home. The paperwork can also be intense, but once you learn it and make it manageable for yourself, it takes no time. This job is what you make it. If you make it hard, it's going to be difficult, but if you make it easy, you're going to enjoy everyday!
Pros
Personalized patient care, self scheduling, amazing level of flexibility, paid holidays off, PTO/benefits, no weekends, set your own availability, minimal supervision, easy to work with management team
Cons
Occasional appointment cancellations/ reschedules
Great Opportunity!
Manager (Current Employee) –  TennesseeAugust 23, 2016
This company is growing very quickly! With growth comes plenty of room for advancement. However, like any company, to achieve advancement you have to prove your work and earn it. I've read through these reviews and a lot of the negative ones seem like people without work ethic (Complaining about working at work). Like most paying jobs, you will have to actually work at Alana Healthcare, but when you do, it WILL be noticed and you WILL move up within the company.
Pros
Plenty of opportunity to advance
Cons
With growth comes change
Good experience
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAAugust 22, 2016
The company offered great learning experiences and awesome management. Its a very organized place to work. Its a very educational company to work for.
Not very good
RT (Former Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 1, 2016
Careful what you wish for, they contract to SNF poor team work between line staff on what should be done to improve high acuity patients referals. More than enough back stabbing beteen both company staff.
Glad I am gone.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Workers beware!!
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 31, 2016
I agree with the previous review. The patients in the CROM program patients are not interested in this program, you are there because the insurance company placed them in this program resulting in missed/cancelling of appointments.There is tons of unpaid computer work to do at home , which is not worth the headache. I went into the situation with high expectations and a positive outlook, and left feeling disappointed and relieved to be done with this program.
Pros
A 9 to 6 work day.
Cons
Lots of paperwork and un-interested patients