Alarm New England

Alarm New England Employee Reviews

wish it was more reliable
the office was closed about a year after I left. The company had been downsizing for a while. They were great & I enjoyed my time there. i just wish that they had kept a local office.
It's been a great six years!
Positives: Overall work environment, family atmosphere, diverse group of people, competitive pay and benefits, new challenges and opportunities, growing business and industry.

Challenges: Customer facing in all departments with a diverse range of products - takes a lot of effort to keep all customers happy

Advice to management: Keep growing strategically
Highly Recommended
The company as a whole is great, highly recommend.

A typical day consists of taking calls from customers and helping them resolve service issues. Challenging but gratifying. I have learned to be patient, empathic and diplomatic in order to assist customers while keeping company objectives in mind.

Management is very supportive with coaching and development. The company cares about their employees and the need of their employees. The culture is beautiful and caring and about you growing and the atmosphere is always light and fun. I am very thankful for this job!
Cons
Alarm New England has no Cons
Don’t work here
This place is a soul suck they will work you to the bone and then find some stupid reason to get rid of you. There is a pattern in the type of people that succeed at Alram New England. They advertise a diverse and inclusive culture but it is far from diverse and through out my time there I had never really felt welcomed. So to conclude if you like working long hours with zero recognition and little pay (while you watch other people line their pockets and do less work) by all means join the Alaram New England team but if you are looking for growth and development and I good work environment please look elsewhere.
Alarm New England - Boston
Working at Alarm New England has given me opportunities to grow as a person and professional that I am incredibly grateful for.

When first starting my career there were many different pathways I could have pursued but I was taken to the kind family nature of everyone during my interviews.

The Boston office has a one-of-a-kind location that is perfect for T commuters and borders many great places to eat.

I can confidently say if you get the opportunity to work at Alarm New England, take it!
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Great Place to Work
I've been with ANE for about 2 1/2 years, having relocated for this job. It is a fantastic environment to work in, with a culture that encourages a work/life balance, but with quick paced days and hard work from every team member. Being in sales, it matters a lot what a company is marketing and the level of customer service they can provide - everything here in top notch, which means I know I'm selling something worthwhile and that the customer will have their expectations met.

This company also gives you room to grow, as I've been able to become a manager in my short time here. Everyone is polite and friendly, and reasonable expectations are set with great training to be prepared. Highly recommend!
Pros
Great environment, good pay, full benefits
An enjoyable, innovative place to work
I started in Alarm New England's Boston office at the beginning of 2019 and have had a terrific experience thus far. Our small office has high expectations, but fosters a relaxed, low stress environment, where everyone is super friendly and easy to work with. Under an inbound sales and marketing philosophy, not utilized by the rest of the company, our office has grown quickly in just three years of doing business.

The seamless cohesion between marketing, sales, tech, and customer support makes daily operations run smoothly and effectively. Management is open and honest about company goals and strategies, and are always looking for feedback. The training process was extremely intuitive and I received a ton of great one-on-one coaching.

Overall, Alarm New England's Back Bay office is a great place to be every day, to learn a ton, and to work with terrific people.
Poor Management
When Hired I was told there would be training to learn the new equipment and the old.
There was no training, only a select few ( company favorites ) got to see any type of training.

This company plays favorites with everything from tools to training.

Some were supplied the tools they needed to perform their job while others were not.

Those that didn't have the proper tools still were expected to perform the same and if they did not got into trouble.
Pros
good techs
Cons
Management needs a lot of work and no training.
not a good place to work
employees are not treated fairly. Manager was disrespectful creating a bad workplace environment. Unfortunately, company has a HR manager who seems not willing to look up for improvement!
Not many will take the time to rate the company they work for. This is a great place to work. People are like family. Benefits are excellent. You can learn as much as you want they provide on going training. Management is fair and treats me with respect.

I enjoy working with my co-workers and customers. It sometimes gets challenging to do more than one thing at a time like answer a customer call while doing data entry.
Pros
Benefits, co-workers, customers
Productive place to work
This job was on demand but it was defiantly exciting to be apart of such a great company also helping customers in need as well.

The most enjoyable part about this job is we were able to listen to live audio and made decisions whether to contact local authorities.
Amazing place to work.
Since I started here almost 3 years ago, I have learned that you get what you put in. They give fair raises based on performance and effort once a year, not to mention the opportunity for bonuses & other incentives. There is room for growth when the opportunity arises. Incentives are decided with the help of management & shift employees opinions.
Management is truly wonderful & understanding. They try to help you through stuff and to help teach you things.

There are awesome benefits. You get 3 breaks a day. And the coworkers are great.

I would give working here a 10 out of 10. This company may not be family run, but all of us here are like family.
Pros
Benefits, breaks, room for growth.
Cons
Don't work here if you can work somewhere else
The only thing good about this place was some of the coworkers and overtime management sucks they ask for ideas but never listen pay is horrible for the amount of work you have to do you are not allowed to do anything you get in trouble for the small things that don't matter while there bigger issues there's no room for advancement and if you do don't expect a raise
Pros
Benefits and time off
Cons
Pay and management
Good place to work. They treat the people fairly. It is fast paced, but who wants to be bored. You could likely make more, but sometimes being treated good is worth more.
stressful high volume of calls
start work at 8am until 4pm..receive a high volume of phone calls helping customers with low batteries and testing their alarms. Also monitoring for burglar, fire, panic, for business and residential customers. going by an action pattern which is a special instruction to the alarm. The hardest part of the job is the high volume of calls have to be a multitask person the most enjoyable part of the job is putting a smile on the customers face
Pros
the hours
Cons
short breaks
Not somewhere you would like to work
I briefly worked at Alarm New England. In my time there I was promised to be able to prospect business accounts, however, when I was brought on I had to sell to individual homeowners.