Alarm.com Employee Reviews

An OK place to work
Director, Client Engineering (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMarch 7, 2019
- If proactive, can learn a lot
- Changes are slow as system are old and big
- Not enough open communication
- Potential is there for improvements if management desires
Pros
If proactive can learn a lot
Cons
Team structures
Mixed
IT (Former Employee) –  VAFebruary 11, 2019
Good work/life balance. Poor opportunities for professional advancement. Alcohol and drug use were almost promoted. HR is difficult to work with and has a high turnover.
Best Office Environment Match with Benefits
Support Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 10, 2018
If you can get a job here, take it. Their benefits are astounding, their job culture is amazing, and their respect towards every single employee is unrivaled.
Pros
benefits, stock options, holiday parties
Productive and fun workplace with fantastic coworkers
SUPPORT OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 7, 2018
I enjoyed working at Alarm.com and only left the company because I was moving to another city without an Alarm.com office. The company culture is very supportive of collaboration and creativity. They provide many benefits, including a healthy work-life balance. We had a gym in the building and many opportunities for personal and professional growth. The hardest part of the job is pushing yourself to consistently meet high performance standards, but the resources are there to help you do so. Managers are all helpful and friendly and want you to succeed. It is not a competitive or cut-throat work place. They value teamwork and keeping employees comfortable and happy,
One of the best companies to work for and growing.
NOC Support Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAMarch 9, 2018
great atmosphere with a strong emphasis on work place values and culture.Amenities range from personal storage, break rooms, food, compensation, and fun retreats.
Best place to work!
Global Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VANovember 6, 2017
Alarm.com is an excellent company to work for. The team is the best part. Everyone is very inclusive, a lot of team building activities, the company really makes an effort to make sure its employees are happy. Work-life balance, ability to work remotely from time to time, really fun company retreats, the company improves their product every month and spends money training employees.
Pros
Free happy hours, excellent benefits, outstanding team culture, ability to grow your career, competitive pay, startup environment
Fast paced, challenging work environment
SALES (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 9, 2017
Mid-level management is great. You are challenged to succeed in a past-paced environment. As the company has grown they've experienced growing pains. If you are looking to advance quickly, this may not be the place for you.
Best Company I've Ever Worked For
Video Manager (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAAugust 4, 2017
I can't say enough about how amazing this company is. I've worked for some amazing companies before and I've worked for some really bad ones. But Alarm.com was the first company that I felt honestly cared about me and invested in me personally. I had some personal issues in my life and Alarm.com was MORE than accommodating in making sure I was happy and healthy. They truly care for their employees and that care starts with the CEO and every level of management exemplified his vision.

I had to leave the company for personal reasons, but I have nothing but awesome memories of the people I worked with.
dope
Network Operations Support Center Representative (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 24, 2017
fun laid back company that had a lot of nice people who were very friendly. Learned a lot of my current technical knowledge from the engineers there. good managment
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no growth
Awesome place to work!
Support Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 10, 2017
Alarm.com is a great place to work, with plenty of culture and others to assist you with anything you need. The one thing is that they do not offer a high salary to start out for the Support Operations Associate. There is room for improvement, however.
Pros
Free lunches, company outings, sweet gear.
Cons
Not enough pay.

Want to know more about Alarm.com?

Ask a question
Busy job in a good culture
Support Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 25, 2016
Alarm.com's culture was invigorating on a daily basis. The office's were always open-structured and open-minded. Casual dress, frequent office activities to spark motivation, and regular outings gave flavor to each week. An annual company-wide retreat encouraged good relationships with remote offices. It was tough to leave Alarm.com but there simply wasn't enough feedback and opporunity for growth from the tech support position.
Pros
Casual, open-minded, grounded
Cons
Management waned
Fun working environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAOctober 27, 2015
Not too relaxed but the working environment is very fun. Co workers are friendly and HR is always planning something for the weekend.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales (Current Employee) –  ViennaMarch 2, 2015
Great workplace with a good work and life balance.

The management is supportive and approachable. Co workers are helpful and willing to help.
Enjoyable and great enviornment
NOC Support (Former Employee) –  Tysons CornerJuly 16, 2014
- solid atomoshpere
- NOC support as position though has crazy hours
Present - Presentation - Present
Independent Contractor - Inventor (Current Employee) –  The Villages, FLMay 7, 2014
Talk to everyone about peace of mind - Home and Business Security keep insurance rates lower.