Alaska Airlines Employee Reviews

Stressful for no reason
Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 1, 2018
good job. fast paced but last manager was an extreme micro-manager which led to a stressful environment.
poor benefits, but discounted travel was good.
Fun place to work. Lots of people spend 30+ years here. A good career place.
Technician Helper (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WADecember 1, 2018
My typical day as a technician helper on second shift at the hangar was spent checking and filling fluid levels of vehicles as necessary, checking hazmat areas, assisting mechanics with projects, towing aircraft, washing aircraft parts. Second shift is most likely the slowest shift for a tech helper. You can end up with a lot of down time in between towing which is the main job. Workplace culture is all about safety and personal responsibility.
Pros
Gym onsite, Food often in break room, Free coffee, Great pay and benefits, interesting people
great place to work
Customer Service Agent, (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WANovember 27, 2018
I liked working for this company and would highly recommend this company to anyone that likes to deal with people on a constant level. The pay if great and free flights to boot.
Quick Paced and Fun
Ramp Service Agent/Freight Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKNovember 21, 2018
Quick paced environment and a fun place to work. Work in all types of weather and the collaboration with others makes it a team environment. Each member is vital to getting the job done!
Ramp/Customer Agent (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 15, 2018
It is an productive, physical and fast paced job. As long as you are trained and understanding of in/out flights and respectful to others you will succeed
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Standing
Great team members
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WANovember 14, 2018
Working at the airport can is face paced and can be stressful. Great teamwork and with peers. Company empowers employees to solve issues to take care of customers.
well orgarnized, great place to work with.
costomer service agent (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 13, 2018
Love all the employees and manager's. Everyone work together to solve problems and help each others.. good take care of their costumers. well organized training and work environment.
welcoming for newbies
Pros
good benefits, flight benefit
Cons
rude customer
goal oriented enviroment
Concierge Agent (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 12, 2018
there are multiple positions in this company, so I could only comment on the two that I have worked that. very fast paced environment with a lot of flexibility in the schedules. In both positions I learned to deal with customers in the most stressful environment, for example a flight being canceled on Christmas due to a snow storm or airline issue, and having to deal with those guests screaming at you, video taping you, and saying its your fault as well as them crying. Any issue you could imagine including medical and violent issues I dealt with. Both of my manager are like family to me, you respect them, they respect you. The hardest part of the job at first was due to my schedule was waking up at 2am or 1am for work, but after about 3 months I got used to it. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people you worked with, most of the time they were did for you when you needed them, and you could always find someone to laugh with about anything.
Pros
flght benefits
Cons
waking up early
Not bad
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 11, 2018
Alaska is not a bad place to work but resources for new employees can be better. Pay is good, but you only get paid for time blocked out, not for the time you’re expected to be present and ready to work.
Pros
Travel
Cons
No hours
Not the direct employee, but the Client
Operations Manager Sodexo (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 10, 2018
Working on behalf of Alaska airlines is a fast paced and demanding task. The client (AAG) is very much focused on their own interests and intolerant to feedback, if it is negative toward internal staff or direct hired vendors. However, blame was quickly shifted and pointed toward our team and justification of feedback was constantly demanded.
Overall I am satisfied working on behalf of AAG and find the environment challenging in a positive way.
Pros
Great mission
Cons
Demanding and self centered leadership
Does not walk the talk for their employees
Payroll Analyst (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 9, 2018
Alaska prides themselves on small company feel and is not really felt by upper management, but you do feel this with co-workers or other employees. Regular day would not having a manager or supervisor to support you due to them being in too many meetings in a day.
Pros
Benefits, lunch and learns to learn about different parts of the company, training programs
Cons
Lack of support, lack of professionalism by imediate director, favortism
Great benefits, terrible pay
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 15, 2018
You deal with people who want to know more information about the airline, possibly do business with the airline and are frequent flyers. A lot of people know what they want when they call which makes a great day of fast call, some people have never flown before and want everything explained to them in detail. I love working with my coworkers, flying benefits are great but the amount of stress the company puts on us in order to meet quarterly goals can really question if were being paid fairly or not.
Excellent coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrow, AKOctober 15, 2018
The typical day is started by greeting of the coworkers, a mandatory morning meeting and checking inbound and outbound lists for both people and cargo.
Pros
Fun opportunities to travel
Cons
Pay compensation is terrible
most enjoyable part of the job
Training Supervisor/Program Manager (Current Employee) –  SeaTac, WAOctober 12, 2018
I was given the opportunity to establish systems, tools and processes for Technology University courses, employees and students. Cyber Security Expo 2018 was a lot of fun to coordinate at the SeaTac headquarters building.
highly recommend to apply
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 7, 2018
Alaska airlines was a very good employer for me and my family. the benefits were extremely good, health insurance , vacation, salary , 401k matching, i would recommend anyone to apply for alaska airlines. etc.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Laid back but Revenue and Performance Driven
Contract Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 4, 2018
Great company with an established culture. Strict in most areas of operation but the formula is successful. They focus on safety and provide great service.
Paid to travel
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  SeaTac, WAOctober 2, 2018
If you are prepared to be gone quite often this is a great job. The first 6 months/1 year are pretty rough when you are on call but once you have a set schedule everything starts to fall into place. If you do not like dealing with people, this is not the job for you.
Overall an amazing experience
Manager, Leisure Marketing (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 18, 2018
Overall a great culture and environment. As most large companies do, Alaska went through some big changes and cultural shifts which influence my decision to leave. All in all - great place with great people.
Pros
discounted travel
Cons
lack of trust in management
Stores Agent
Stores agent Maintanance and engeneering (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 16, 2018
As a Stores department agent, I play a vital role in the operation of our Maintenance and Engineering organization. My position is located at the airport and consists of a warehouse environment. Responsible for receiving, requisitioning, shipping, warehousing, storing, dispersing and recording parts, equipment, and supplies. Responsible for helping internal and external customers with needs such as supplying parts, equipment, and supplies. Warehouse and store parts and supplies. Prepare shipments for flights and ground transportation. Process orders and perform inventory. Drive a variety of vehicles including the pick-up truck, van, box truck, forklift, and pallet jack. Perform other related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates. Embody the Alaska Spirit and conduct oneself with Professionalism, Integrity, Resourcefulness, and Caring.
Productive and interesting place to work
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 13, 2018
The culture is very open and it's a fun place to work. There are travel benefits that I take advantage of.
Airlines have a diverse group of departments, I've been fortunate to be able to work across divisions and learn many aspects of running the company.
Pros
Travel Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alaska Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

4.5Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss