Alaska Airlines Employee Reviews

Excellent coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrow, AKOctober 15, 2018
The typical day is started by greeting of the coworkers, a mandatory morning meeting and checking inbound and outbound lists for both people and cargo.
Pros
Fun opportunities to travel
Cons
Pay compensation is terrible
most enjoyable part of the job
Training Supervisor/Program Manager (Current Employee) –  SeaTac, WAOctober 12, 2018
I was given the opportunity to establish systems, tools and processes for Technology University courses, employees and students. Cyber Security Expo 2018 was a lot of fun to coordinate at the SeaTac headquarters building.
highly recommend to apply
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 7, 2018
Alaska airlines was a very good employer for me and my family. the benefits were extremely good, health insurance , vacation, salary , 401k matching, i would recommend anyone to apply for alaska airlines. etc.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Laid back but Revenue and Performance Driven
Contract Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 4, 2018
Great company with an established culture. Strict in most areas of operation but the formula is successful. They focus on safety and provide great service.
Paid to travel
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  SeaTac, WAOctober 2, 2018
If you are prepared to be gone quite often this is a great job. The first 6 months/1 year are pretty rough when you are on call but once you have a set schedule everything starts to fall into place. If you do not like dealing with people, this is not the job for you.
Overall an amazing experience
Manager, Leisure Marketing (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 18, 2018
Overall a great culture and environment. As most large companies do, Alaska went through some big changes and cultural shifts which influence my decision to leave. All in all - great place with great people.
Pros
discounted travel
Cons
lack of trust in management
Stores Agent
Stores agent Maintanance and engeneering (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 16, 2018
As a Stores department agent, I play a vital role in the operation of our Maintenance and Engineering organization. My position is located at the airport and consists of a warehouse environment. Responsible for receiving, requisitioning, shipping, warehousing, storing, dispersing and recording parts, equipment, and supplies. Responsible for helping internal and external customers with needs such as supplying parts, equipment, and supplies. Warehouse and store parts and supplies. Prepare shipments for flights and ground transportation. Process orders and perform inventory. Drive a variety of vehicles including the pick-up truck, van, box truck, forklift, and pallet jack. Perform other related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates. Embody the Alaska Spirit and conduct oneself with Professionalism, Integrity, Resourcefulness, and Caring.
Productive and interesting place to work
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 13, 2018
The culture is very open and it's a fun place to work. There are travel benefits that I take advantage of.
Airlines have a diverse group of departments, I've been fortunate to be able to work across divisions and learn many aspects of running the company.
Pros
Travel Benefits
Small, Old Company Struggling to Define Culture
Financial Accountant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 11, 2018
I met plenty of kind, hard working people while I worked at Alaska.
Unfortunately, since the Virgin merger, they're homey, friendly culture turned to a more traditional corporate culture: there's pressure from management, there's quite a bit of stress, and getting ahead means you're putting in more hours than the next guy.
Alaska is actively reinventing its culture, and currently there isn't much emphasis on building cohesive teams. The focus is the work, which I think is a pity, since you don't get to spend time getting to know the nice people they try to hire.
Pros
Free flights, nice people
Cons
Stressful environment, little culture
Part-time employment
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 11, 2018
Alaska Airlines allows me to work from home as a part-time employee. The pay is low but the company provides excellent benefits. I am willing to leave or continue employment to supplement my income.
Pros
Part time, work from home, excellent benefits
Cons
Low hourly pay, I am low on the seniority pole
Enjoy my job
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Pasco, WASeptember 10, 2018
I like working at Alaska Airlines and the flexibility it gives me with my schedule to be a care giver for my Mother and to travel. Everyday is something different and keeps the job interesting.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
little room for advancement locally
Who wouldn't want to work from home
Reservations agent (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 7, 2018
Reservations agent have got it pretty good. Free flights, health care, and dental and amazing management. Yes, getting through the testing and training may seem overwhelming, and the 6months of probation may seem impossible for some. But once you make it through, you have wonderful job security and get to work from home!! If slacking off and having a poor attitude is your MO, this isn't the job for you.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Shift bidding every 3 months
Ok place to work
Airport Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 4, 2018
Airlines was ok to work with. Demanded a lot from employees and pay didnt match the workload. Upper management not very friendly and didnt understand the struggles that faced day to day operation.
Cruel and cutthroat
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Kent, WASeptember 2, 2018
Puppy mill ; Alaska Air always recruiting ; so you are just a number or a stat (they get better pay if stats are up) ; on who will finish their boot camp. I was told that , I wasn’t taking up any extra help; I was there almost a hour while before and was ignored. And when you brought up what you need help ; their would roll in back of their head and tell you to look it up, in the manual.
Then making sure their hands are not dirty ; they talk you like , you Done something wrong. And talk about how long they been there looking down at you.
Pros
Cons
Weird hours; 1/2 hour lunch’s ; you’re a number not an employee
Excellent company to work for.
Manager Flight Operations (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WaAugust 30, 2018
Excellent company to work for. Leadership has a clear idea where they want company to go. Limited opportunities for internal growth<> Managers have limited experience in mentoring employees so any growth depends on employees own initiative and experience. Majority of Positions above Manager appear to be filled from outside of company.
Pros
Travel benefits, Performance Bonus Program
Cons
Limited opportunity for internal promotion.
Productive and fun to work at.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAAugust 14, 2018
Love all the employees and manager's. Everyone help me and work together to solve problems and help customers. Fun environment to work at and everyone was very respectful.
Pros
Free lunch
Good company to work for full-timer, ok as a contractor
Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 12, 2018
Good company to work for as a full-time employee, just ok as a contractor. Full time employees get free flight perks, but not the contractors...………...
Fast-pace... room for growth
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AK 99518August 5, 2018
Help guide aircrafts to and from gate ( terminal) to load/unload baggage in a professional and timely manner... to help customers as needed for an enjoyable flight experience.
Benefits
Cons
Pay-rate was too low
Seattle Station Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 3, 2018
Great place to work! If you like working with the public, a fast paced and exciting environment then you will enjoy working in the airline industry. Alaska Airlines is a great place to work.
Great airline to work for
Customer Service Group (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 2, 2018
Great co-workers, benefits, and travel opportunities. "The Alaska Spirit" is a real thing amongst employees, but it is still a corporation so folks shouldn't expect a fantasy world. Most people enjoy their jobs and it makes for a positive workplace.
Pros
Good benefits and travel benefits.
Cons
Still not quite a living wage for those starting in customer service or reservations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alaska Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.5Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss