Alaska Airlines Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good company to work for full-timer, ok as a contractor
Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 12, 2018
Good company to work for as a full-time employee, just ok as a contractor. Full time employees get free flight perks, but not the contractors...………...
Fast-pace... room for growth
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AK 99518August 5, 2018
Help guide aircrafts to and from gate ( terminal) to load/unload baggage in a professional and timely manner... to help customers as needed for an enjoyable flight experience.
Benefits
Cons
Pay-rate was too low
Seattle Station Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 3, 2018
Great place to work! If you like working with the public, a fast paced and exciting environment then you will enjoy working in the airline industry. Alaska Airlines is a great place to work.
Great airline to work for
Customer Service Group (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 2, 2018
Great co-workers, benefits, and travel opportunities. "The Alaska Spirit" is a real thing amongst employees, but it is still a corporation so folks shouldn't expect a fantasy world. Most people enjoy their jobs and it makes for a positive workplace.
Pros
Good benefits and travel benefits.
Cons
Still not quite a living wage for those starting in customer service or reservations.
Alaska Airlines
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 1, 2018
As a Passenger Service Agent, I had a well rounded experience of working for an airline. I loved helping the passengers and have a great empathy for the traveling public.
Loved the job, people and atmosphere!
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJuly 31, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Alaska very much. I learned so much about the airline industry. The hardest part was I had so little hours. I loved interacting with the customers. All my coworkers were very helpful, it was a real "team" atmosphere.
Great Commute
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 25, 2018
inbound call center. great training and support. travel benefits are fantastic. rigid rules on attendance Overtime is available if desired. Great support from our Union
Pros
Great commute
Fun job
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 20, 2018
This is an exciting job if you’re single and are okay with being away from family for 3+ days at a time. Benefits are great and you will have to relocate.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Relocate, gone all the time, completely different lifestyle
It's very competitive
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 14, 2018
I'm actually divided in how I feel about working at Alaska Airlines. If you are working the call center, please know --- BEFORE you apply --- that it IS very competitive and VERY strict. Most don't make it past the 6 months probation. I enjoy the work, I LOVE my coworkers; I don't like the policies that impact so many of us. We are the lowest paid in the industry. Yes, you get flight benefits, but taking off work is almost impossible. You have to bid on your shift and it is assigned by seniority - so if you're new, expect to get a "not so great shift" after you're "out on your own". Vacations are bid on at the end of the year for the next year, otherwise you have to trade out days with co-workers to get time off. EVERYTHING is counted as an attendance occurrence - Sick? Occurrence - Kids sick? Occurrence - Flat tire? Occurrence. The background check they perform is for the last 10 years.

If you have call center experience, DO apply. You will eventually get to work from home. However, be very aware that it WILL be hard. Learn your airport city codes, don't bother taking notes in class - everything you need is in the manual. Despite all of this - I do love Alaska Airlines.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Mandatory overtime, strict schedules
alaska airlines
Ramp Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 10, 2018
alaska airlines is a great place to work with alot of great people to work with. the down side is the starting pay is so low, a person needs a second job in order to have a place to live or even support a family.
great place to work
Ramp Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Bethel, AKJuly 8, 2018
it was an excellent job opportunity with great benefits. competitive pay and an excellent training program. great employee discounts and they really take care of their employees in my experience
Pros
fledible schedule
Cons
inclement weather
Fun workplace with great travel benefits
Customer Service Agent (CSA) (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 1, 2018
Fun workplace with great travel benefits. When flights cancel, it can be a challenge to help the passengers find a different route to get where they want, since the flights are usually pretty full.
Challenging but typical
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJune 28, 2018
A pretty typical large corporation, very bottom line oriented. Each employee is treated the same, as just a number in the system. While they encourage you to "do the right thing", they are also quick to question your actions if it affects the bottom line. There is no advancement options unless you move to a large city, and there is little recognition for those who work harder than others.
Pros
Benefits, lots of hours, flight benefits
Cons
No appreciation for individual achievements, no union, split shifts, little wage advancement
Customer focused
Product Manager (Contractor) - 15 month contract (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 15, 2018
Alaska Airlines focuses on providing differentiated guest travel experience by developing solutions that help the customer facing teams to provide exceptional service3.
Fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 15, 2018
It's a very fast pace environment, just be able to multi task, have great customer service skills, and computer skills. It is a quick learn, and patient reaction type of career.
Buena Empresa
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 7, 2018
Tiene un futuro fantastico aun tengo puertas abiertas.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
mandatory overtime
Challenging but also rewarding when time is critical!
Airframe and Power plant Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 7, 2018
Great place to be in the airline industry! Competitive pay, lots of holidays off plus you can travel for almost nothing.The hardest part of the Job is the Graveyard hours.
Pros
compensation
Cons
graveyard
Team work is excellent
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJune 3, 2018
Enjoyed the position. I was looking for a part-time hours. Often if the plane has not arrived or if the plane is unable to take off, staff must remain
Pros
Nice team spirit
Cons
Long hours and pay does not reflect the amount of work required
Just ok
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 3, 2018
Customer service agents are a revolving door. Because the pay is so little and they often transfer to different departments. Mandatory overtime is a thing, especially in the winter. Health and flight benefits are the reason most people stay. Made some awesome friends and no day at work is ever the same so thats a definite plus!
Pros
Benefits, great people
Cons
Mandatory overtime, pay
A great place to work
Airline pilot/Captain (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 19, 2018
My career at Alaska Airlines represented my career dream. Not only was I able to remain based in the Seattle area throughout my near 30 years there, I was able to fly a variety of aircraft and fly to many interesting destinations. I took pride in safely delivering thousands of people to their destionations over the years.
Pros
Working with great people doing what I loved to do.
Cons
Working all nighters could get tiring.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alaska Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

65out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Alaska Airlines.

Powered by Comparably