Alaska Airlines
Happiness rating is 73 out of 100

Alaska Airlines Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Alaska Airlines insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose

Usually fun place to work

Pros: flight benefits, ability to rearrange work schedule, most of my peersCons: mandatory overtime, a few of my peers, a few “abusive” passengers, stressful flights, understaffed frequently

low pay, one of the lowest in the industry

Be prepared for more hours than you expected, and more expectations than they prepare you for. It is challenging business all the way around, and with the current state of affairs, it is a hard place to work. You will feel over worked and underpaid.

Pros

coworkers are fun and supportive of each other

Cons

management is not supportive and the pay is very low

Not what I thought it’d be

New hire beware! Training has been cut down from 9 days to 6 (trust me, you’ll need all the training you can get). For OJT, you’ll be paired with a “coach” (a fellow CSA who is qualified to teach new hires) its pretty much a hit or miss. Some are really attentive, while others just stand behind you on their phones. Once OJT is done, you’re more than likely going to be Junior assigned (told to stay longer than your shift, come in on your days off, or start before your start time). Long lines, difficult passengers and no help from your coworkers (because they’re all new too) or leads. Trainers are there, but they’re normally caught up helping others. Low pay plus long hours mixed with irate, irrational passengers push both old and new hires right out the door. Some leads are unprofessional and will berate you in front of guests or straight up not help you and talk bad about you to others. If you’re working inside security at the service centers, you have to deal with delays, cancellations, misconnects etc. We are constantly short handed in all departments, ramp is short, causing aircrafts to sit out on the tarmac waiting to be brought in and offloaded. Baggage is short so we are unable to reroute/reunite bags with passengers when they miss their flights. CSA is short, causing long lines, upset passengers, overworked and exhausted agents all around. We are often held on emergency overtime. If you have kids, pets.. a life.. you cannot leave. Alaska is your world now. We try to voice our opinions and are told “we are working on it”. High turn over, LOW retention. Safety is just -

Pros

Planes are cool

Cons

Long hours, mean people

Meeting new people every day and seeing the country. Great fun

Really enjoyed my time with Alaska. Worked 4 days on 3 days off.The whole staff was a joy. Training was excellent and I felt extremely safe on all the aircraft.You know every crew member was happy to be on board and all worked together.Great job and yes loved flying to different states and being able to take a fly rod with me to Montana and do a little fishing while on my overnight or a little snow skiing in the winter (just put your skis in the overhead)...sometimes we had a long overnight!I worked 12 years and have always said It was the BEST JOB I EVER HAD....

Pros

To many to list...great having a uniform and knowing what to wear to work

Cons

Early wakeup some times

Amazing Company. Needs to be more competitive on east coast offerings.

Alaska is the best airline to work for. Although mainly focused in the West Coast, Alaska has the opportunity to come out of the crisis stronger on the east coast too. Management cares about us and we are given the latest technology to assist in day to day tasks.

Pros

Inclusive, Growing Airline

Cons

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Great Airline, great benefits

One of the best airlines I ever worked for and I worked for another airline for many years but Alaska means what it says and does what it says and puts the customer first and the employees right up there with them. it’s a great company. I am a customer service agent and now I work in their baggage department get to work from home and only go in the office a couple times a month they have an all inclusive culture and they always stress how important and valuable employees are. I always waited for the other shoe to drop because I was a skeptic from my longtime job with The other airline, which was fine, but the other shoe never dropped it’s one of the best companies i’ve ever worked for.

Pros

Obviously travel, Great work environment great culture management actually cares

Cons

Work on holidays and weekends weird hours low starting pay

Good people and goodncompany

Training was 9 days long. The people were very friendly. Lots of test but they helped you prepare for them. Family like feeling when working there. Nice place to work.

Pros

Travel benefits

Cons

Training was 9 days straight

Would not recommend AS in Boston

There isn’t one good thing I can say about when I worked there. Between management & coworkers everything was bad I’m traumatized do not apply at all

Pros

Nada

Fun but can be overwhelming. Must be FLEXIBLE

Don't apply here If you want something stable or hours. you will not get either here if you are looking for benefits and are very flexible with your hours and days then apply. Constantly changing schedule

Pros

Flight Benefits

Cons

hours, you never know what and how many hours you will work

Fun Job if you like meeting new people

The bad parts of the job was that it’s sub-Contracted so benefits and pay aren’t very good. But it was still fun learning new things and meeting new people.

Pros

Meeting new people everyday

Cons

Unpredictable work hours

Jobs at Alaska Airlines

Customer Service Representative positions
See more jobs

Good job

Good job but the mandatory over time is not fair, humane and it shouldn’t be legal. Also it takes forever to gain seniority which isn’t fun. Don’t get talked to about advancement very much.

Pros

Flights

Cons

Pay

Awesome airline

One of the best airlines around. Still growing, with new destinations added every year. Management is amazing all the way from the CEO to the station management.

Great company

Great company to work for. They value and listen to their employees. They have wonderful medical benefits, profit sharing and travel benefits. The airlines hours are almost 24 hours a day 352 days a year so the hours can be tough.

No work life balance and mandatory overtime

It was a job pay is low but thats the union system and advancement is non existent.. flight benefits was great once you got the time to use it and trading shifts required you to pay someone to tame your shift

Pros

Flight benefit

Cons

No work life balance

Not for everyone

Alaska Air can be a good fit for some but not everyone! Be prepared for brutal customer interactions and subpar management. The job description lacks so much of what a CSA’s job entails.

Pros

Flight benefits, insurance, 401k

Cons

Don’t always get your breaks, schedules aren’t flexible unless you have seniority

Overall offers great benefits .

Love that they give health abs travel benefits for both part time abs full time employees. Depending what you do for the company and where you work (location), the people and a management can be amazing!Expect to learn quick and to be poised during extremely stressful situations. Great customer service skills is a must!

Pros

Health and travel benefits

Cons

Flexibility is t that great.

Fun team but lack of good management.

I worked for Virgin America prior to the VX/AS merger and once the merger took place, the AS manager was not a great asset to our team. Biggest issue was trusting they did what they said and they lacked follow through. The agents I worked with were great but several people were let go because the manager failed to have uncomfortable conversations that could’ve fixed issues. Trust seemed to be a big issue with Alaska with many agents not feeling like their manger had their best intention at heart. Pay was okay but for the issues and lack of management it should’ve been better. Promotion to lead aka supervisor is based on seniority which doesn’t seem fair as many senior agents lack leadership or knowledge.

Pros

Travel benefits, schedule flexibility, pay is ok

Cons

Management, communication, promotions

Smiles all around

18 years and going strong. Love, love, LOVE Alaska Air and our terrific CEO! He's the best! Not sure why this survey requires 150 character minimum to just praise, praise PRAISE this terrific company! Go figure!

It's a thankless industry

It's a job where you're either yelled at by peopel too late for check-in or you're yelled at by people due to a cxl'd flight. Like any job there's good - you'll meet some great co-workers. there's the bad -it can be stressful due to departure metrics. And there's the ugly - paxs can say some ugly things. Overall, you'll either love it or leave it. I wouldn't say this is an airline specific review but an overall industry review.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

No grace. Do not be late. Period!

Fun workplace environment and great coworkers.

Working with Alaska Airlines was a rewarding experience. All staff members were well informed, friendly and passionate about their performance. It was a positive environment, being in a busy airport.

Pros

Free flights & fun environment.

Cons

Can be hectic at times.

Phoenix Station is full of hateful people!

At the corporate level this company is wonderful, but sadly at the Phoenix station it is poorly run by upper management that refuses to nurture and empower the newer employees. Female dominated shift leads are worse than the "click" in high school as they are immature, gossips and sabotaging. The Trainer is an absolute nightmare of a woman! She is cruel, hateful, and truly has no place in that position due to her demeanor. Sadly, my short time spent there was filled with tears as I loved my job and most people I worked with, but Management is blind to the antics of the Senior staff. Corporate needs to come into that station and clean house as the top people do not embrace the true culture of Alaska Airlines. Working there was a severe let down and a complete waste of time.

Pros

Uniforms, most co-workers were wonderful, working at the airport was fun

Cons

Short breaks, cruel supervisors, flight benefits are a joke, pay is laughable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alaska Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

25%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Alaska Airlines with

Career recommendations for Customer Service Representative

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more

Popular locations for Customer Service Representative in US