Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 10, 2018
This Organisation was an amazing place to work for. I would love to return in the future when I live in Alaska again. Wonderful mission/vision and they treat their employees with respect.
teaching Health Aides
PA/CHAP program (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 13, 2018
Somewhat rewarding. Native Consortium and Southcentral Foundation do not coordinate goals or missions. There is no support for PAs taking students to the clinical side of campus. No communication between managers.
Pros
Fun to teach and learn
Cons
No cohesive staff. No mentorship. No communication
Some bad apples ruined the whole bunch
Technician (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 30, 2018
It's a good organization that does some good stuff. I just ran into some nepotism and favoritism. Some incompetent and psychotic people were in the process of being weeded out. When that's done, I would consider going back.
Data entry
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 18, 2018
I was hired to enter data that was pertenant to patients that were being seen at the health center and any other information that was needed, this was only temporary.
Can recommend working here...
Fiance/Accounting (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 6, 2018
I like the work I do here, but the culture is the worst I have ever had to be part of. There is no team just a bunch of me's, looking out for themselves.
Cons
Where do I start....
Director of Employee Relations (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 8, 2018
Great place to work, senior leadership is excellent. Fantastic culture to work with each day. Each day is rewarding as you get a chance to solve. The hardest part of the job is working with leaders who are not seasoned or trained to supervise their employees. A typical day is a lot of phone calls and emails regarding advice for employee relations issues.
Pros
Easy access to leaders
Cons
lack leadership programs for all, only a select few
Professional and friendly place to work
Medical Clerk (Radiology/ Imaging Services) (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 29, 2018
My typical day at work included:
- Interacting with patients and helping them with their appointments and getting them checked in
- Taking phone calls from patients and other clinics
- Processing doctors and lawyers request's for radiology images
- Assisting management and doctors with renaming and relocating images
Work or waste time
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  In the fieldApril 28, 2018
It's a waste of time to work here management is unrealistic. They don't care about patients at all they Only care about is money. Not friendly at all staff. So i DONOT AT ALL recommendation to work here you'll find in time it's a waste of time. You will not be happy.
In time you'll want to leave
depends on placement, some locations difficult and some more relaxed
Case Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AK 99508April 17, 2018
I enjoyed gaining experience. I dislike this minimum words to write so I'll add that I grew professionally at the Alaska Native Medical Health Consortium.
low pay
Health Information Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 24, 2018
It has some unprofessional co workers, at times stressful or hostile environment. It needs organization and better pay. Lack of training for their staff.
Pros
hours
Cons
poor management
Great team
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 22, 2018
A very enjoyable work environment that promotes team work, supports continuation of knowledge and skill set, and provides plenty of opportunities to work.
Pros
Great place to learn
Cons
slightly disorganized management
Obstacles for advancement and transfers
Management (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 5, 2018
Truly enjoyed getting to know my peers and the patients. Unfortunately, upper management will block transfers per agendas and internal politics. Extra work/projects dumped on people without training or prep with wild expectations and punitive responses if try to speak up or unable to succeed. Toxic environment.
Pros
nice peers, patients are wonderful to get to know
Cons
toxic environment, personal agendas with leadership
very fast paced work environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 3, 2018
Working for ANTHC gave me an opportunity to learn different skills, e experiences. Team work was excellent. Things can change quickly on the critical care unit but it is a very rewarding experience.
Pros
learning new things all the time
Work
Phlebotomist/Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 31, 2017
I enjoy my job at ANTHC, but I've ran into seeing laziness of nurses on the floor and negligence towards the patients, which is not okay at all. Patients that needed to have someone in their to help them with water because they were unable to reach or lift and nobody was there to help the patient. Patients calling on multiple occasions to get help or get something from the nurse, but were ignored on multiple occasion. It's a hospital I'd work at, but not a hospital I'd ever want to be admitted on a floor to.
Terrible
Patient Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 25, 2017
Awful management, unorganized, constantly dealing with nepotism, favoritism and double standards. No standard protocol, unpleasant patients and staff. Doesnt offer sick time.
Pros
N/a
Cons
It was very productive and professional
Release of Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 6, 2017
I did enjoy working with the public and working with many co-workers as well. It was fast paced at times and hectic. I learned how to be efficient and professional when it came to confidentiality. I plan to work in this similar field.
Pros
Good wages, hours, and people
Cons
I couldn't keep the job due to hardship
Fun to work at ANTHC
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 25, 2017
Great place to work.enjoyed going to work every day.Worked with Alaska natives.Supervised 4 employees in there daily work flow with the CRC Clinic.Helped schedule patients for colonoscopys.
ANTHC - Not for the Feint of Heart
ERP Technology Director (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 22, 2017
On your first day of work 10 people will tell you about what a great family ANTHC is. Then you go to your office, and it is a family, and a dysfunctional family at that. Lip service is paid to accountability, but no one is really accountable. Things happen by fiat. Its an organization with a lot of promise, but needs new management that understands how businesses should be run.
Pros
A lot of really good people to work with and excellent benefits
Cons
Senior management is not paying attention because federal money keeps the solvent
At Work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 16, 2017
Change name boards during shift change, patient report information, Bathe and dress patients, vital signs, serve meal and assist patient with meals, turn and reposition patients who are bedridden, provide and empty bedpan or catheter, lift patients onto bed to wheel chair or chair, take blood sugar, change bedsheets and restock rooms with necessary supplies, answer work phone calls, update patient report sheet.
Pros
Learning new tasks
Cons
Short Breaks
Great place to increase your work experience with diverse cultures from rural Alaska.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 5, 2017
ANTHC is slow at hiring new employees, especially for people with Indian Preference and lack of professional work experience. However, they are great!
Pros
Paid Time Off, employee assurance program, scholarship program.
Cons
Slow at hiring employees, some managers don't have any college degrees but are still working.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about