Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium Employee Reviews

Workplace was toxic when I was working there
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 5, 2018
When I worked at ANTHC, the CEO at the time was not a person I could respect. He was getting rid of top managers left and right. Also, some admin employees in Accounting at that time were very rude and difficult to work with.
Not for me but maybe others
SUPERVISOR OF PATIENT ACCOUNTS (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 28, 2018
I was abused and mistreated and underpaid. Forced to leave my sick children or drive in dangerous conditions or else lose my job. I had to work through my own extreme illness, often vomiting in my office or with piercing migraines- all my boss was aware of but never sent home. I was constantly belittled, taunted, and was told all my work was poor even though I’m a proven professional for many years. I was the punching bag of management.
Pros
The insurance
Cons
Everything else
Stay away
Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 27, 2018
Their turnover rate is very high in the travel and medicaid offices. Stressful, hostile work environment, hardly any breaks. Just a bad place in general.
Cons
Overall a good place to work but it can be better with better management, less mixed personalities, managers who pays attention and takes action
Assistant Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 6, 2018
Micromanaged, some managers do not respect their employees, doesnt take care of employee problems, understaffed alot of the time, employees do more talking than working.
Nice Place To Work
Assistant Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 1, 2018
Everyday is a busy day and there is always some work to do in the clinic I worked in, I didn't mind it but the management I was under was not the best for sure.
Great Place to Work
Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 10, 2018
This Organisation was an amazing place to work for. I would love to return in the future when I live in Alaska again. Wonderful mission/vision and they treat their employees with respect.
teaching Health Aides
PA/CHAP program (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 13, 2018
Somewhat rewarding. Native Consortium and Southcentral Foundation do not coordinate goals or missions. There is no support for PAs taking students to the clinical side of campus. No communication between managers.
Pros
Fun to teach and learn
Cons
No cohesive staff. No mentorship. No communication
Some great people to work with, but a few select people that really bring down the organization
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  AnchorageAugust 13, 2018
This could be a great company to work for, except some departments have poor management. I had a great start, then if went down hill to the point of being what I called bullied out of the department, because “I made too much” for the position.
Pros
Met a lot of great people, had chances to learn new skills
Cons
Poor managers in position, needs work on communication
Some bad apples ruined the whole bunch
Technician (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 30, 2018
It's a good organization that does some good stuff. I just ran into some nepotism and favoritism. Some incompetent and psychotic people were in the process of being weeded out. When that's done, I would consider going back.
Data entry
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 18, 2018
I was hired to enter data that was pertenant to patients that were being seen at the health center and any other information that was needed, this was only temporary.
Can recommend working here...
Fiance/Accounting (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 6, 2018
I like the work I do here, but the culture is the worst I have ever had to be part of. There is no team just a bunch of me's, looking out for themselves.
Cons
Where do I start....
Director of Employee Relations (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 8, 2018
Great place to work, senior leadership is excellent. Fantastic culture to work with each day. Each day is rewarding as you get a chance to solve. The hardest part of the job is working with leaders who are not seasoned or trained to supervise their employees. A typical day is a lot of phone calls and emails regarding advice for employee relations issues.
Pros
Easy access to leaders
Cons
lack leadership programs for all, only a select few
Professional and friendly place to work
Medical Clerk (Radiology/ Imaging Services) (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 29, 2018
My typical day at work included:
- Interacting with patients and helping them with their appointments and getting them checked in
- Taking phone calls from patients and other clinics
- Processing doctors and lawyers request's for radiology images
- Assisting management and doctors with renaming and relocating images
Work or waste time
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  In the fieldApril 28, 2018
It's a waste of time to work here management is unrealistic. They don't care about patients at all they Only care about is money. Not friendly at all staff. So i DONOT AT ALL recommendation to work here you'll find in time it's a waste of time. You will not be happy.
In time you'll want to leave
depends on placement, some locations difficult and some more relaxed
Case Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AK 99508April 17, 2018
I enjoyed gaining experience. I dislike this minimum words to write so I'll add that I grew professionally at the Alaska Native Medical Health Consortium.
low pay
Health Information Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 24, 2018
It has some unprofessional co workers, at times stressful or hostile environment. It needs organization and better pay. Lack of training for their staff.
Pros
hours
Cons
poor management
Great team
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 22, 2018
A very enjoyable work environment that promotes team work, supports continuation of knowledge and skill set, and provides plenty of opportunities to work.
Pros
Great place to learn
Cons
slightly disorganized management
Obstacles for advancement and transfers
Management (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 5, 2018
Truly enjoyed getting to know my peers and the patients. Unfortunately, upper management will block transfers per agendas and internal politics. Extra work/projects dumped on people without training or prep with wild expectations and punitive responses if try to speak up or unable to succeed. Toxic environment.
Pros
nice peers, patients are wonderful to get to know
Cons
toxic environment, personal agendas with leadership
very fast paced work environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 3, 2018
Working for ANTHC gave me an opportunity to learn different skills, e experiences. Team work was excellent. Things can change quickly on the critical care unit but it is a very rewarding experience.
Pros
learning new things all the time
Work
Phlebotomist/Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 31, 2017
I enjoy my job at ANTHC, but I've ran into seeing laziness of nurses on the floor and negligence towards the patients, which is not okay at all. Patients that needed to have someone in their to help them with water because they were unable to reach or lift and nobody was there to help the patient. Patients calling on multiple occasions to get help or get something from the nurse, but were ignored on multiple occasion. It's a hospital I'd work at, but not a hospital I'd ever want to be admitted on a floor to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about