Alaska USA FCU Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place to work, just need to plan around your schedule
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 22, 2018
Very rigorous time keeping here. Great people, awesome handbook. Everything is defined, and you can have job security and advancement even without degrees. Very unique of this day and age.

There is internal movement, and they are looking for people to stay.

If you have doctor's appointments or any reason to where you would be late or leaving early from work, you're taking the whole day off. It's not flexible.
Pros
People, management, structure
Cons
Time keeping, flexibility
good place to work
Ancorage, Alaska - Title Specialist I (Current Employee) –  anchorage akMarch 12, 2018
I liked working here with everyone. It was a bit to slow paced for me and not enough communication with the customers for myself. I do like working here though.
Productive workplace with walk stations
Member Service Center Specialist I, II, and III (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 6, 2018
Call Center for a Credit Union, down to Earth, everyone has their own cubicle. Answering calls from members, redirecting calls, answering questions about service and fees, and providing balances. They provide on job training that is paid, it averages out to be about one month of training before you are released to work on the floor by yourself, but even then they have a help line and supervisor line that you can call for assistance when you are on a call. There are walk stations available if you want to be active while working, that is good for your overall health and well being.
Pros
Quarterly bonuses if earned by criteria; free coffee, tea, or hot cocoa in break rooms, and annual raises if criteria is met.
Cons
If you work on weekends there's a mandatory 30 minute lunch, but on weekdays it's always 1 hour.
This was an excellent company to work for.
SPECIAL COLLECTIONS COLLATERAL CONTROL OFFICER I (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 5, 2018
The workplace culture supported the team based performance excellence. All workers were encouraged to support one another for the benefit of the company's performance and positive reputation.
Pros
There was an excellent training program to support the employees.
Cons
It was a highly stressful and fast paced job.
Managemant needs a lesson in how to manage people.
Buyer III (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 19, 2018
Company really didn't care about their employees. Overall stayed because liked my coworkers were all amazing. Management was very unprofessional and managed with emotion.
Pros
4x 10 your shifts
Cons
Upper management
Member Service Center Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 17, 2018
Loved my immediate managers. There is so many different positions to chose from. And once you’re hired you can switch positions so much easier. They’re 24/7 so that is awesome for people needing night positions.
Toxic work culture
SR. FINANCIAL SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 19, 2018
Overall, AKUSA has toxic work culture that comes at you from different places. The executives are out of touch and looking to pile as much into one position as possible.
Pros
Pay was decent.
Cons
Too many to list.
fun place
Dealer Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 21, 2017
very fast pace environment, fun place, great people. It can be so busy throughout the day, you forget you had lunch ! Mornings are very busy. we have fax, loans, phone calls, consistantly
Alaska USA
Card Operations Services specialist I (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 30, 2017
it was a good enviroment to work in. the negative aspect was having to sit for 8-10 hours a day dealing with members. some members were nice to speak to but then you had those who were very rude. the workload was good and my coworkers and managers were pleasant to work with. they were always there when you needed anything. if it wasn't for me moving, i would have loved to stay longer.
Pros
good insurance, friendly workers, bonuses
Cons
members
I enjoyed working with my team members and learning new things everyday
Member Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 14, 2017
When a member calls in and very impatient and I've learned new things every single day. I really love the atmosphere, I enjoyed working with everyone in the call center.
Pros
Appreciation we get from our management
Cons
Call volume are high
Professional member based company
Assistant Branch Manager II (Former Employee) –  Renton, WASeptember 2, 2017
Great job for me before having children. I could not continue to work the entire day and evening because I resent spent time with my kids. The pay is great and hard to beat, as long as you work hard to earn it.
Pros
Pay, benefits, full time, great paid training, no experience needed
Cons
Management, hours include weekend and holidays
Great!
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAAugust 23, 2017
Loved working for the this company, the people I worked with, what they believed in. Everything. Paid training, with a lot of room for growth!!! A truely great company to work for!
Pros
Room for growth, paid training, great coworkers
Cons
N/a
They make working and selling products really fun!
Senior Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairbanks, AK 99709March 21, 2017
Alaska USA FCU is a great company to work for. They provide excellent benefit packages for not only you, but your entire family. They are a very rewarding and fun company to work for,
I loved my job, where I worked, the people I worked with, shifts.
Special Credits Recovery Officer II (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 27, 2017
I loved my job, where I worked, the people I worked with were the most enjoyable part of my job, shifts, benefits.
I worked 4 10 hr days, as we're open 7 days a weeks, 12 hrs day.
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 19, 2017
The only complaint that I would give is that your scheduled days off are never the same and usually not two days in a row. However, you receive the schedule a month in advance so you have plenty of time to plan accordingly.
Pros
long lunch, holidays off, great pay, lots of promotions, great people
Cons
dress code, not consistent schedule
financial service consultant
Financial Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WASeptember 19, 2016
great stepping stone to start your banking/credit union career path
must keep an open unconventional banking hours
systems are so easy to learn and use
Bias company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  AlaskaSeptember 8, 2016
Management have favoritism to employees if they didn't like you to find a way to get rid of you. Not a good place to work always bias coming from the management
Pros
Bias
Cons
No sick leave
If you get hired strive to be the favorite
Member Service Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAMay 22, 2016
1) This company is open 24/7 including holidays so if you don't have a family or a need to be off on holidays then this place is for you! Where I worked wasn't 24 hours yet & I say "yet" because they do let you know that their is a possibility that it maybe one day so always keep that in mind but we still worked holidays. 2) do you have a sensitive nose or easily offended by loud smells? Because some of the women in the call center are into natural oils & have no consideration for the other employees they are cooped up with in that small call center all day & they drench themselves in the stuff employees can be heard complaining of the loud smells within the break room but keep quiet out of fear of retaliation from the higher ups. 3) Most of the mangers or people you will rely on for help do not know their job you will find yourself getting multiple answers on simple things just to find out all of those answers were wrong, I will admit the people where I was located were very nice and knew their job & very pleasant when you reach out for help. The Alaska team was usually rude and dry and treated us like they didn't want to be bothered half the time and when you're a new employee whose never worked in a call center it's extremely disheartening to call for help and get treated like that. 4) to some of the higher ups you are just a # expected to take your calls and be there at all times they will not understand that emergencies come up and their attendance policy is the worst which is why some employees have been there for over a year and can't advance & don't go out on LOA for  more... health reasons or you will be written up, placed on probation, or unable to be promoted because they consider this bad attendance 5) they will tell you it's lots of room for advancement which isn't true as I said before its employees that have been there for years and are good at their jobs and get looked over for promotions they go after  less
Pros
A few nice coworkers, treadmill
Cons
If you are not a favorite management will harass you
productive workplace
Consumer Loan Processor Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 25, 2016
Always on the phone multi tasking.
you really can't move up unless you know someone, they don't trained you to be successful for a higher positions. They just tell you to keep learning. The hardest part of the Job is Manager changing there minds on procedure every other day. Other wise is a good company to work for. I did love my job, yes some co-workers were nice however everyone goes threw there moments.
Pros
You can learn lots of different financial scenerio
Cons
Wont Train you To Excel to grow within company
Bias
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 17, 2016
The company is very bias with few good manager. On a average of 1-10 I would say the company treat its members member really well, but its employee unfairly.
Pros
Good bonus
Cons
quarterly bonus is always good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alaska USA FCU. Our community is ready to answer.