Alaska USA Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Teller work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 27, 2018
I took this position at the behest of the unemployment agency, I thought I had to take it and realized later on I did not have to, it was a good experience, and learned a lot of about teller do.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
low pay, advancement limitations
Has it's pro's and cons
Part of the Mortgage Company (Current Employee) –  AlaskaMay 18, 2018
Hard to advance when they tout promoting from with in. A lot of new management with rapid changes. Training is minimal with a lot of frustration among new hires.
amazing benefits and great company to work for
SR. Financial Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 2, 2018
love this job and the people i work with. alaska usa is incredible to work for. lots of PTO accrued. it is 7 days a week at most branches and most holidays they are open but benefits are worth it!
Pros
Pto
Cons
open 7 days a week
Room to grow
INSURANCE SERVICES CLERK (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 18, 2018
I worked less than a year as a Insurance Services Clerk before moving up as a Insurance Services Specialist. If you can keep up with the chaos then this is the job for you.
A Professional Career Place
Desktop Support Technician III (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 7, 2018
AlaskaUSA FCU is a prestigious place to work at due to the professional setting of a federal credit union. It is rough around the edges due to shedding of old ways to make for new driving leadership. Stick around long enough and you will feel the advancement of the job culture from slow to fast-paced.
Pros
Looks great on resume
Cons
Management can be iffy due to constant shuffling
One of the best credit unions in Alaska
Special Credits Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 1, 2018
My tenure was under the former CEO who retired in May 2017. All of my former bosses have retired as well. The structure and culture provided a strong framework that was visible in every aspect of the credit union. Alaska USA is known to offer great benefits.

Working in Special Credits provided advancement opportunities based upon individual performance. Collections is not for everyone and although the morale was often low, we were a team. Many of the lessons learned have contributed to my success and I appreciate my time there.
Pros
Advancement opportunities in lower positions, benefits
mortgage operations
SECONDARY CAPITAL MARKETS (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 26, 2018
Good place to work. Can be stressful as anyplace in mtg ops. But overall a great atmosphere. Room for advancement for those who work hard for it. They take care of their employees.
a great fun place to work at
Sr CTLS (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 20, 2018
Get Place to work , long hour if want to. Friendly personal , get people and nice place to work at. No sick leave have to take leave time for sick leave.
Pros
great short breaks
Cons
no sick leave have to take leave time for sick leave
Great people to work with.
Mortgage Closer/Funder (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 14, 2018
A very team oriented environment. Great opportunity for advancement and company is experiencing great growth on a regional scale. Management is great to work with, but not always available.
competative
Sr. Consumer Loan Originator 1 (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 10, 2018
AKUSA has great benefits and a competitive work environment.
Every department has room for advancement and the ability to transfer throughout the company.
could be better
SENIOR CONTROL OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAFebruary 9, 2018
Needs better methods, more training, more technology,in the stone age with payments being taken, better communication between sites of ak and california
Very militaristic and regimented. Top down communication.
BRANCH MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 28, 2018
Excellence is not openly recognized. Annual performance awards, if received, are kept secret. Training is rudimentary, no real soft skills or management development. Favorites are played.
Pros
Great products & services. Very responsive to members.
Cons
Doesn't take care of employees.
Excellent place to work
Branch Manager II (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 23, 2018
There are lots of different departments and the policies and procedures are very thorough. Great benefits, summer picnics, Christmas parties, and bonuses.
High medical payments did not offset take home pay for the most part. Great employees and management was fair to everyone in the workforce.
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 21, 2018
Multi-culture work force, and bonuses every quarter based on performance. Dividend day was by far the hardest day. Learn to multi tasking is important.
Pros
1 hour lunch. pot lucks, and ability to work with others
Cons
healthcare very expensive
Great opportunity to move around in the company
Senior Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 16, 2018
Allowed for the most part to create my daily schedule that we not time sensitive.
Learned a lot of being a team player with the same goals in mind.
Management was highly respected and allowed more relaxed work
environment over micro management
The hardest part of the job was trying to deal with home and family
with the last minute projects that would make us work over time and
weekends. Every once in a while is fine but it happened to much
Traveled a lot with the company, I got to see a lot of different areas
of the state and constant new challenges
Pros
Good pay, enjoyable co-workers, travel
Cons
Work schedule was unpredictable
Good
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 9, 2018
The work load is really good. Sometimes I feel like management favor others more because they would give me more work to do than others. Sometimes my coworker are touching their phone but management wouldn’t care.
Pros
Promotion
Cons
Management is not that good
The place was ok but work environment is toxic
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 28, 2017
The place was fine but management did not listen to its employees. There are advancement opportunities. The cafeteria is very cool on the 8th floor overlooking the city.
Member Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, CADecember 7, 2017
Develop and maintain a current in-depth knowledge of credit union services and policies. Answer member telephone inquiries and provide information concerning credit union services and programs. Receive and post or accurately record and forward for processing, member account transactions and research requests. Process outgoing
Domestic wires, reverse fee's up to $60. Reissue damaged/ misspelled debit cards, loan payment special handling, post debit card closures, assist in training of new specialists, call backs to members, perform all other duties as assigned.
Pros
Everything about my jon was wonderful
Cons
there moving to arizona
Good Benefits
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 3, 2017
Company provides good benefits including medical, dental, vision and there is also 401(k). But there is poor work life balance and lot of stress from management.
I miss my job
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wasilla, AKNovember 27, 2017
Alaska USA FCU was one of the best institutions I got to work for. They offer great pay, excellent benefits, and wonderful coworkers. Alaska USA even had some amazing PTO. I would receive about 5 and a half hours every pay check of PTO.
Pros
great pay, great staff, amazing company
Cons
long days, stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alaska USA Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.