Alaska USA Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

productive and great work enviroment
Special Credits Control Officer III (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAJanuary 30, 2019
I enjoyed working with all my co-workers we had an open and honest communication and we all were accepting of any feedback from each other or management.
Overall an amazing place to work!
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 28, 2019
Be ready to work. good thing is that if you are a self starter, your hard work will never go unnoticed here. BUT you will be working long hours and weekends and holidays.. It becomes monotonous. great insight to the banking industry but career advancement could be limited after getting into management management and work life balance is very hard to maintain. All in all, an amazing experience and extremely support executive staff. No BS or drama. Just work hard and move yourself up.
Pros
advancement, recognition, opportunity, PTO accrual
Cons
long hours, weekends
Very establish company
Senior Financial Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WAJanuary 23, 2019
Focused on member service at the beginning. Lately the focus has shifted to numbers and sales.

The hardest part of the job is employee are expected to wear several hats. Working as a member service, you are expected to be a teller, new account specialist, loan processor, sales person, back office auditors, and for some you are also expected to be a remote service center call operator or obtain license to sale insurance.
Pros
Quarterly Bonus
Cons
Salary
Productive and Fun Place to work
Control Officer I (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 19, 2019
Contact members regarding delinquent financial obligations and make arrangements
for repayment; respond to member inquires regarding financial obligations owed to the credit union; perform “skip‑
traces” as required; analyze and recommend to supervisors, when appropriate, adverse actions on accounts to
include repossessions, closure of credit limits, legal actions and account codes to alert other credit union
departments of potential losses.
Productive work place with great employees
AlaskaUSA teller (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 12, 2019
A typical day at AlaskaUSA was helping members out with their financial needs. I have learned how to solve a members problems fast and efficiently. Management was okay but not the best, the managers do tend to favor their employees. The hardest part of the job was not being able to give the members 100% of the information, sometimes only the managers can give out specific information that i wouldn't be able to tell a member. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the members that are having a hard time with their accounts, seeing the relief of members after a stressful day and time with their account knowing I was able to help them was an amazing feeling.
Pros
Many benefits
Cons
management
Poor management
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 18, 2018
I worked for Alaska USA a few times. The first time management was based in Alaska & they were amazing! The next time I worked there, management had changed drastically & I feel those changes were a mistake.
Benefits & pay were average.
Branch Operations
Branch Teller to Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Branch OperationsDecember 4, 2018
A typical day at work would be providing professional, courteous, and helpful services to members of the Credit Union. I have learned all aspects of handling cash at the teller stations as well as processing consumer loans, training and scheduling of staff, and securing company assets. Additionally, in management, we were trained to resolve personnel conflicts as well as members (customer's complaints). We resolved complaints by arriving at solutions that are acceptable to both parties (member and the organization).

Enjoyed the 15 years of service at the Credit Union. I am unable to pinpoint what was the hardest part of the job. I was committed to doing the best job possible with patience. Thankful for an excellent company to work for. Excellent family like caring work culture.
FSR (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 1, 2018
Alaska USA Federal Credit Union was a fun and relaxing work environment that made it easy to get tasks accomplished while fostering your abilities with for opportunities for job advancement.
Not the best and not the worst
Mortgage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palmer, AKNovember 29, 2018
My only complaint is that the company doesn't take complaints, even to HR seriously until you decide to quit and write a long formal letter. It wasn't the worst or the best place I've ever worked.
Efficient and productive work environment
Senior Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CANovember 13, 2018
Great place to work. Positive work environment. Recognition and coaching given. Positive morale was maintained due to management and peers working together.
Good company to work for, great employees. Only thing, I wish upper management would show more appreciation towards the FSR's.
Assistant Branch Manager II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 13, 2018
Financial Service Representative should be valued more. For what the company pays their employees, and what their employees have to deal AK USA should pay them more and do more for their morals.
Pros
Its consistent
Cons
Schedule is inconsistent
Great Company
Senior Branch Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wasilla, AKOctober 23, 2018
Fanstastic company with competitive pay and a good bonus program. The hours do vary and the job itself is very fast paced and can be extremely stressful. Tellers are trained to all areas of member service as well to include loans.
Productive workplace
Financial Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Juneau, AKOctober 9, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is providing professional customer service with a plus to all members. Lots of growth opportunities and we were given time to participate in further training and self-improvement.
dependable & punctual
Senior Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 23, 2018
I am a hard working professional who has been consistently praised as efficient by my co-workers and management. Over the course of my 30 year career. .
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKSeptember 19, 2018
A diverse,productive, and fun atmosphere to work.

Management led a great team of women who were competitive, yet worked very well together. Routine reviews, opportunities for higher learning offered at all levels, and monthly work gatherings celebrating all staff.
Good Foundation
Assistant Branch Manager II (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 19, 2018
This is a good place to build a foundation in the baking industry. They will preach promotions coming from within however they have not been offering interviews for internal candidate for most positions and instead hire from outside and have a lot of turnover because of this.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
work inside of Safeway
great company, great pay, just not my scene
Paid Notes Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 14, 2018
Quiet office. There are slow days, there are busy days. There was nothing wrong about the company, I just had it bad with the supervisor. She was mean and demeaning. She was harsh on me all the time and wasn't very good at training and explaining. But other than that, I would still recommend this career. It's a great job. I just wished I had a better experience but am grateful for the opportunity.
Pros
Great company with good benefits
The best
SENIOR UNDERWRITER (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 5, 2018
6 to 10 files a day, how to time management the day, they were great, culture was good, leaving to manage Loan Delivery, I love Underwriting and that was my passion.
Pros
cafeteria
Great staff!
Control Officer I (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAAugust 27, 2018
There was never a dull moment in the office. Everyone was willing to help one another and cheer them on a great job. The teambuilding days were awesome as well.
AKUSA not a good place to work
Problem Resolution Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 24, 2018
Bad place to work, especially if its in the IT side. Management does not know what they are doing and there are no training opportunities. Work place environment is very toxic.
Benefits
Cons
Toxic environment, management knows nothing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alaska USA Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.