ALBA Carting and Demolition

ALBA Carting and Demolition Employee Reviews

Usually around 7 am we're dressed ready for work. 2 Hours of hard work we then go on Coffee Break for 15 Minutes. Back to work we work till 12 for lunch which is 45 minutes. Then we work till 4:30 5 pm. I've learned how to use power tools chipping guns, jack hammers, basically all types of demolition tools. The culture is very diverse which sometimes be difficult because you could be working with guys who don't speak your language. The hardest part of the day maybe dealing with the Foreman who try abusing their power or those who take power trips. The part I most enjoy is working with the guys regardless of the language barrier, because of that end of the day we still are a team with one goal.
Pros
Good Place to Perfect your trade
Cons
Short Breaks
Work was hard but it showed me what I was capable of as well as how to work even at my limit of fatigue as well in dangerous conditions that required much self awareness. Taught me strong leadership and organizational skills as well as developing my communication skills.
Pros
Great Workout
Cons
A bad foreman can really make a tough job 10 times harder.
Overall this was a good company to work for. I was granted the ability to utilize my techniques to further my knowledge of the craft.
Cons
Not many contracts to be able to remain steadily employed