Albany Community Action Partnership Employee Reviews

meh
Assistant Teacher/Floater (Former Employee) –  Albany County, NYMay 2, 2018
Management was difficult, workload intense and expectations for a 37 hour work week way too high. Great benefits, good way to get free training. Had awesome company parties, but they were mandatory and families not allowed (which was difficult since the events were often an additional two hours of travel time uncompensated, making finding childcare tough) and understaffing in large classrooms
Pros
Lots of free snacks, company parties, bonuses
Cons
Huge workload, management disorganized
Love the mission
ERSEA Program Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 2, 2016
Love working non profit and ACAP is everything i love about it. Senior management is great with a few exceptions. They appreciate the staff and work with you to achieve greatness.
Pros
Encourage staff to move up within company
Cons
Lack of communication
Great atmosphere
ERSEA Program Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 30, 2016
Great mission, they love their employees. Few bad eggs but that's everywhere. My heart is in non profit and that is what brought me to ACAP. Love everything they stand for and they do a good job supporting their mission.
5 yrs
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 1, 2016
working there taught me alot but it got to me when i would apply to different positions and management would never give me a shot. I have to mentor and supervise new employee that had no clue in how to do their job. Working there for 5 yrs and i only got a dollar raise. Families and coworker are great. The management team has to change
Pros
giving back great coworkers
Cons
no support system no room for advancement salary sucks
Energetic and fast pace workplace
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 1, 2015
Being a teacher's assistant educated me on how to handle crisis situations in a professional manner. I learned how to work with families and provided resources for them in order for them to excel. It brushed up my coordination skill and well and communication.
An organization with a mission
Program support specialist (Current Employee) –  Albany nyOctober 9, 2015
Here is an opportunity to not only give back to a community but also be a part of acheiving the organization goals and ensure that families served see qualitative improvement. It is rewarding and we are proud of what we do. Hard work and being resourceful is a must tho.
productive and fun workplace
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 9, 2014
rewarding place of employment with rewarding experiences every day.
Very productive work environment, day-to-day operations is busy
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 14, 2014
Day consist of intakes, meetings with current and potential customers. Enrollment into training programs available in conjunction with SCCC. Interviews, resume development, case management.
Excellent place to work
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 29, 2012
This is a progressive employer that truly values it's employees and their opinions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Albany Community Action Partnership. Our community is ready to answer.

Albany Community Action Partnership Reviews by Location