Albany Medical Center Employee Reviews

productive and flexible
Pediatrics Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 16, 2018
It was not a job but a volunteer opportunity i took. It allowed me to shadow doctors and make sure that all patients where taken care of. Got the opportunity to sped a lot of time with the patients to make sure their stay at the hospital was comfortable.
Not an employee oriented company
System Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 6, 2018
Mgmt does not want you to assist with solutions, they decide what will be done. There is no room for growth. Benefits are not good for a hospital. It is a very toxic environment.
Albany Medical Center is like a big family
Utilization Review Nurse, Case Management (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 4, 2018
Great teaching hospital. Great place to start as a new nurse to start the foundation of nursing. Need more opportunities for advancement and growth. Lacks management support in certain areas
Good coworkers and work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 2, 2018
Challenging work environment conducive to learning. Coworkers are like family (well, most of them). Work culture is decent. Work related stress is very manageable.
Pros
Good place to learn
Cons
low pay
busy place
CST (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 1, 2018
I worked at Alb Med 3 different times. the first two times I learned alot and felt like I was part of the organization the third time the or was going thru major changes and was not friendly to any of the staff and my hours were nights which was a shift I could not work
Pros
education
Cons
night shift not for me
Not a bad place to work, a bit impersonal
Patient Access (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 31, 2018
The job isn't bad, but a lot is expected. It is a good opportunity with a big company, so there is always room to move and grow while here. The company is big, so you can get lost in the machine.
great work place
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 31, 2018
this place offers flexible hours, decent pay, a ton of learning opportuinity and movement to future goals.. not sure why this is required to fill out, majority a waste of my time
not a bad hospital to work for
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 30, 2018
the hospital philosophy is how to take care of patients with minimum expenses , you will see it with the regulations, too many of them, the staff ratio and the equipments you need
Pros
challenging job
Cons
not a nice atmosphere
Average
First Cook (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 28, 2018
If you come to work every day and do what is asked you will have no issues. Help out if you are done with your work and do your job, Show up on time and come to work when expected
Pros
free lunch health care
Cons
during meals need to make sure all meal are served before you walk away to do anything else
productive and fun environment
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2018
amazing opportunity volunteering here . Enjoyed the time spent in the hospital and the new people I connected with. Very calm and desirable setting to be in
Great Culture
Human Resources Representative (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 24, 2018
AMC is a large institution and has a great diverse culture. There are many learning opportunities. You are able to learn different tasks and see where it can take you.
Good starter position
Surgical Support Tech (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 22, 2018
If you are planning on going into the nursing/medical field, i would highly recommend this position.You are transportation for surgery. You pick up patients and drop them off. You make beds, you put blankets into warmers, and you have a LOT of down time.
Small City Big Hospital
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 21, 2018
It’s a good place to work. Depending on your field it may be a lot of room from growth, most of which comes from changing departments. Lunch is 30 mins. Most times it’s short staffed and you will be required to cover. Vacation times are contingent upon staffing needs.
Pros
Job Security, multiple positions in the company
Cons
Short breaks, short staff often, high turn over
Productive fact paced environment
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 14, 2018
Fast paced environment. Good educational opportunities. There's no real advancement for support positions, except for going back to school. Great place to get started if you're sure you want a career in the medical field.
quick paced
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 11, 2018
its a quick paced environment depending on which line of work you choose to do. it can be a great place to meet new people and make new friends. Each year Albany med does a great cookout to show appreciation to all the employees that work there.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
It was a nice job but low salary
Transport Medication (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 6, 2018
It was amazing company and fair company I had no problems no issues with coworker they love me and we were as a family to serve patients and help people
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Short break
Albany Medical Center
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 4, 2018
This organization/hospital medical arena gave me stability in my life. It provided me with many benefits, security in my schedule, with some flexibility. Managers were always willing to work with your school schedule. They offered overtime shifts, and good health benefits along with great people to work for. I enjoyed my time at the Center, and learned a lot, I went back to school for Nursing, obtaining all my Pre-Req's in Nursing. I left because I relocated to California, my life was changing and they offered me help in the EPA until I moved. I am a better person because of Albany Medical Center, and I am happy to have worked there, and highly recommend this place for anyone to work and advance in their career.
Pros
overtime
Don't work as a APP in AMC ED
Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 29, 2018
A new full time Advanced Patient Practitioners working in the Emergency Department will have a difficult time adjusting to their new role with little guidance, support, or respect from leadership and management, attending physicians, more experienced Advanced Patient Practitioners, medical residents, and inexperienced and poorly disciplined nursing staff. Compensation is fair at best for the extreme pressure of this job. Oh, and the Electronic medical record system sucks! You would be better to opt for employment elsewhere.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor culture, little support.
good environment
Staff therapist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 27, 2018
Great friendly atmosphere. We all knew each other very well so getting along was no problem. Relaxed and fun and worked with interesting set-ups that challenged every now and then.
Great Teaching Facility.
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 26, 2018
Give's people the oppurtunity to see and experience challenging and rewarding cases. Help educate and mold staff into better healthcare workers. An diverse culture and knowledge from others.
Pros
Educational
Cons
Intense work environment with many challenges with patients, not necessarily a con.