Albany Medical Center Employee Reviews

No feeling of selfworth
Administrative Support Associate - Radiology (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 14, 2019
I can't even with this job or position anymore. No one care if your doing a good job but they care if you don't. There is no employee incentive for striving to more than the min.
Pros
you get to go home at the end of the day.
Cons
you have to come to work.
nice place to work
Corporate Finance, Processor (Former Employee) –  Elsmere, NYJanuary 9, 2019
diverse work environment, good benefits, great work hours. the work is never overwhelming, but still poses a daily challenge to complete, which helps to hone skills.
Disorganized unprofessional
Patient Care Associate (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 4, 2019
I was so excited to be joining the Albany Medical team I got my hopes up thinking that this was going to be a good opportunity and I would learn a lot and progress. The attitude of this establishment is completely unprofessional from the management down to the miserable nurses.
One thing I will say is that I was Impressed with the diversity, AMC staff is extremely diverse but then you have the floors where all the staff speak the same language and it’s different from yours so you feel like you’re at the nail salon for your entire shift while your coworkers talk about you.
Management could care less about you working out of ratio I have been the ONLY PCA on floors for entire 12 hour shifts with over 16 patients and lazy nurses who could care less that the same patient has been calling nonstop for pain evaluation. This has by far been the most stressful unprofessional job I have ever had and I am very resilient when it comes to jobs. I got hired and 1.5 months later I was walking straight off a unit to my car knowing that i was giving up because I could not take anymore. Two hours before my shift even started i would get sick to my stomach I dreaded Going to work I do not recommend PCA work at this establishment what so ever.
Pros
Can ride the bus for free
Cons
Rude staff, management is unfit, barely ever got breaks, staff to patient ratio is insane and so unfair
Amazing
Surgical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 26, 2018
Albany medical center has changed my life so much since I have been working here. I love my co worker and my boss. This place is the best place to work and I am so happy to be part of this wonderful team.
Busy and understaffed
Travel RN (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 23, 2018
The hospital is the only level 1 trauma center in the area and the only level 2 pediatrics hospital. They are very busy and understaff with a large undertreated mental health population.
Lots of learning opportunities.
Patient Care associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NY 12208December 22, 2018
Great place to work, you will never have nothing to do. There are always opportunities to learn and advance your career. They are flexible and work with school schedules.
God awful, do not work here
Patient care associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 18, 2018
I worked here as a PCA in the medical and surgical unit and got injured while working and was fired while on workmans comp and they did not inform me of this until 2 weeks after.
Pros
working with patients
Cons
not enough staff to do the job correctly
great first job.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 29, 2018
I learned a ton here and it was a very supportive environment. There is a rather high turnover which is why I was able to obtain a job without experience. That is the upside.
the downside is that there is limited expertise available so you have to figure out some things for yourself
Friendly staff and always helpful
Environmental Aide .Former employee (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 29, 2018
I worked in ER as an environmental aide, and it was very fast paced environment, I loved it.lol.when workloads got hectic-tecs and nurses will help. They worked as a team, it felt like family.The Doctors were also pleasant and enjoyable to be around, very few showed arrogance, but overall they are humble and expressed gratitude for your work.There ate others ppl who may display undesirable behaviours, but ppl will be ppl.The co-workers in my department, were respectful and exceptional , they will approach you to offer a help in hand. Management for my department,b balance strick adherence to policies /with understanding the problems of daily life and will try to work with you while complying with the labor laws, company policies, and discretion.I miss working there, and hope to again in the distant future.
Pros
Reward staff peroidically
Cons
Not given options to opt out of working weekends
clean the room in ER
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 22, 2018
Albany Medical is a great place to work ,there is a lot of opportunity for workers. The atmosphere of work is better .The movement between is possible
Pros
free lunche etc
Cons
school, break time etc
Fun place to work, great staff as a whole
SSA 4 (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 19, 2018
Albany Med was my life for 32 years it felt like working with family in a good way. I enjoyed going to work everyday and having the opportunity to help my department be more effective
I just did this
Neuroradiology fellow (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 18, 2018
The days never ended and it was a level 1 trauma center with a huge area of coverage and next to a major highway in the days when we did real angiograms of the thoracic aorta, GI bleeders and my favorite the Friday 4:30pm call for an emergency pulmonary angiogram. Every third night you got no sleep. And you were not off the following morning. And, since I was neuroradiology fellowshiped, I covered neuroradiology when I was on call for interventional.
Pros
The Albany natives-and you are assimilated as a native quickly- are a wonderful people.
Cons
At the time I was there, unless you were working, most people left town on weekends for something to do.
i could make my own hrs
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 13, 2018
Albany med is a great place to work if you know the right people. great for advanced placement but doesn't not allow room for dr notes for sickness . Once you have used your 6 call out for the year you will get written up.
Pros
plenty of hrs
Cons
bad insurance
Excellent
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  C2 floorNovember 10, 2018
Loved working for AMC.Great pay. Good patient nurse ratio. Great retirement benefits.They have lots of room for advancement and plenty of seminars to keep their staff up on the latest in the medical field. Wonderful peer support in a team nursing approach.
Cons
Non
Not the worst place
Inpatient Analyst (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 25, 2018
The great thing about AMC is they are constantly expanding, Which creates more jobs, but not a lot of growth, Many have been in the same position for over ten years and have gotten comfortable. The pay in comparison to other places is below average. Expect high expectations and management to drool down your back. The atmosphere is not too bad, but after a few months you begin to dread coming to work. The turnover rate is pretty high because they do not value employees very much. Great people that mean well, but the dollar is simply more important.
Pros
Job selection
Cons
Pay
Needs improvement
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 22, 2018
Need to work on maintaining an equal pay scale to other companies and showing value to employees as well improve culture of change
Management improvement including transparent outlined goals and communication with employees
Pros
Fringe benefits good, bank easily accessible
Cons
Pay scale inequitable
It stared out great
Jr Buyer (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 16, 2018
The job started out great but issues with the department director and a new computer system changed everything. Co-Workers were great people. Had I know the director was also going to leave a few months after I did, I would never have left.
Pros
Great Co-workers, Good location. Decent pay.
Cons
Upper management was terrible. Lacked consideration for those below them.
It's a challenge at times
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 5, 2018
It was a job. Thankful for the opportunities Albany Medical Center provided. Experienced disrespect towards support staff(aka those who did not have an official degree).
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Experienced disrespect towards support staff
Busy place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 3, 2018
I liked the hours i worked and enjoyed my job there. Management was always a challenge in the 8 years I worked in pediatrics i had 4 different managers.
Pros
Learning hospital
Cons
Low pay
Educational place to work
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  operating roomOctober 1, 2018
As my first job out of surgical tech school, this hospital allowed me to learn new things. I was able to see different surgeries that were not available anywhere else in the region.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Albany Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight