Albany Molecular Research, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
horrible
Instrumentation/electrical group supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rensselaer, NYJuly 9, 2018
the management team was the worst i had ever seen and that's saying a lot because this was the first job I had after retiring from the navy after 21 years.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Nothing special
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 22, 2018
My duties included cleaning glassware for scientists and dumping their chemical waste. It was not great because they hired me on temp to perm and refused to give me benefits after 5 months with them. I offered them new solutions for the disposal of materials but being so low ion the totem pole your word was less than garbage.
Jumping ship
An Employee (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INMay 7, 2018
This company is in death throes. Constant churning and throat-cutting of corporate management. Mass exodus of talent due to declining morale. IT is a disaster, and helpdesk management actively works against goals of other departments. Most unbelievably dysfunctional company of my career.
Pros
Cool industry
Cons
Bad management, corporate feuding, job insecurity
Good Questions
Level 1 Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAApril 4, 2018
AMRI was a challenging and rewarding place to work. You will be instrumental in bring new drugs into our society that could help save thousands of lives. You will learn to be part of a fast paced team in a aseptic environment.
Pros
Good pay, good people, rewarding
Cons
Some forced overtime on occasion
would rather not
Administrative Assistant - VP of Finance (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 4, 2018
liked my immediate supervisor............

I am not corporate material or a "state" worker

I need to be PRODUCTIVE, not just busy!!

that's about it
Good if you have few options or fresh grads
Compounding Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 20, 2018
The Compounding Department in ABQ is a hilarious mixture of complete dorks , a few fresh grad nerds with little to no real world experience and a couple of good people with both exp and knowledge.The job itself is somewhat interesting for about a month. Extremely slow paced , the inefficiency magnifies this exponentially.However, the constant hold ups leave plenty of time for mopping walls and floors with various chemical solutions! Intense document control due to FDA. A vast majority of low level to mid level managers have little job experience other than AMRI , brought through ranks and feel fortunate to make the little they get paid and have a title, especially considering many are not intelligent .The salary/ hrly pay is weak however the benefits are good. If you have recently graduated and really need some work experience or you just need a paycheck for awhile this might be a good company.
Pros
Good benefits, schedule (days)
Cons
Job tasks / duration, management, salary/pay
Great job for experience right out of school but little else.
Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 4, 2018
If you are right out of school with a BS or MS this is a great place to get 3-5 quick years of experience. After this GET OUT! Management picks and chooses only a select few for advancement. After 5 years a TREMENDOUS impact I and several others have never seen a promotion while less experienced and knowledgeable chemists did. AMRI likes to cultivate a competitive non-collaborative culture in Indianapolis. Also, the HR support is horrible and employees are often left to figure it out on their own. There is no advancement here, management simply doesn’t care and the company ensures high yearly attrition rates so they can higher fresh cheap labor!
Pros
Benefits were ok, challenging science
Cons
Almost everything
Microbiologist II
Microbiologist II (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 28, 2018
Overall it is a good place to build experience in the pharmaceutical manufacturing business, there is potential to grow. Im glad I started out with this company.
A great learning place
Senior Research Scientist & Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  NYJanuary 25, 2018
At AMRI everyone gets chance to work on different projects, this opens up a big opportunity to learn, and also makes one learn to manage multiple projects.
great training ground
Research Scientist I (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 20, 2018
great place to learn the trade and move on.. people are amazing in department. upper management is terrible, low pay, always too much work and stress. salary is low and fear of losing job is high. get in train and learn, then move on.
Cons
lots

Want to know more about Albany Molecular Research, Inc.?

Ask a question
Clean Clean Clean
Sterile Processor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 18, 2018
Great work environment. I personally had a wonderful Supervisor who really cared about his employees
Clean Room, manufacturing clinical trials for cancer patients. Was exciting work.
Poor management and no ability to advance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rensselaer, NYDecember 29, 2017
This company has a very poor culture. They can not keep good employees for long and it is difficult, or even impossible to advance your career. On the positive side, the work itself is interesting.
Good opportunity to get a great variety of science
Senior Research Scientist III (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 8, 2017
If you must, you can use this to practice your interviewing skills. If you must take this job, limit the time you are there to two years or less. Anything more is a waste of your life.
Pros
challenging science
Cons
low rewards, high stress
Terrible place to work don’t let them fool you!
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Rensselaer, NYDecember 7, 2017
This was the worst job I have ever had and would tell anyone to run! Do not work there I lasted 4 months before I had to get out! The rumors are true.
Cons
not a very good experience towards the end
QA Inspector (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 21, 2017
The company was bought out by a corporate company, they cut corners to make products/equipment,highly toxic solution to pass QA. I would not sign off on documents that were not true or fudged and that was one of the many reasons I no longer work there.
Pros
good experience in the QA field
Cons
tainted or broken products are being pushed out to the medical field
not a good place to grow
Research Scientist I (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2017
scientists are very under paid while useless executives drive the company into the ground and get paid handsomely for it. Do your self a favor and apply at regeneron, you'll be happier.
Pros
you can learn a lot
Cons
everything else
Challenging
Information Technology Infrastructure Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 24, 2017
When I was at AMRI it was tough appropriating funding to do what was necessary to support a true datacenter. I was able to document the need for a state of the art server room and work to get it put in place. If you have focus and are willing to work with all facets of management you could get things done.
Pros
clean nice offices good benefits
Cons
very scientific focused with people who want to define the IT requirements but don't know them
Productive and Great work enviroment
Global Support Help-Desk technician (Current Employee) –  4200 Balloon Park Rd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109October 2, 2017
Productive and great work environment. Worked with an amazing team manager is one of the best in the World. Would totally recommend to someone else. Proud to have the opportunity to work there.
Pros
management and workplace culture
Cons
N/a
Summary
Material Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rensselaer, NYSeptember 27, 2017
little or no training program. conflicting Standard Operating Procedures. culture is hard to change. persons working with were a good group of personalities.
Intellectually challenging and rewarding
Research Scientist III (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 1, 2017
In my role as catalysis liaison, I am exposed to a wide variety of projects which keeps me mentally engaged. I've enjoyed impacting a wide range of targets in both early stage medicinal chemistry syntheses as well as improved process development.

We've been able to find unique solutions to the synthetic problems facing our team.