Albany RV Employee Reviews

Good work environment
Service writer (Current Employee) –  48 Rensselaer AveJanuary 17, 2018
Good place to work most of the employees are nice and the facility is new and modern. Very clean and organized for a large company provides all of the best tools for my job
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Short breaks
productive
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 6, 2018
my days at work were mostly good. i was hired by a good friend and my boss/ manager was a great guy. learned alot, how to install hitches and break controllers etc.
Pros
great people
Cons
short breaks
A lot like working at a high school
Sales (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYNovember 29, 2017
The sales aspect is fine; nothing terribly abnormal there, know your product, ask for the deal, have a manager close if needed. During the spring/summer months, you will stay busy, but after that time frame, you will scramble to find customers. Cold calls become the standard, with willing customers few and far between. However, the people that work here that are the most catty, egotistical, unethical lot that I have ever come across. From the store manager on down, the culture that this place propagates is raw sewage. If you're a garbage person, you'll fit right in, otherwise, do yourself a favor and find a job elsewhere; trust me, there's other RV dealerships in the area.
Pros
Opportunity to make good money, good benefits package
Cons
Toxic workplace culture, gossip, rumors and a lot of backstabbing
Great
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  New YorkSeptember 21, 2017
Very good place to work. Good commission. Cool people. Awesome owners. Large customer base all across the country. Great advancement opportunities within the company.
good place to work
Prep Technician (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYSeptember 19, 2017
good place to work. good pay. great benefits. plenty of opertunities to learn new skills and get certified in different things. coworkers were very helpfull.
okay
Salesman (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 4, 2017
had issues with management. expected to come in on days off in order to "show how hard you work" and if you dont, you are the last person to get customers. lots of politics
They run a dictatorship
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 25, 2017
Completely all commission , they follow you around all day long and micromanage everything you do, when I was with customers I got non stop phone calls to make sure I didn't let the customer go or they would make me repeat after them to the customer..typical sales job where they promise you the world and don't back it up. You also have to get your clothes dry cleaned and shoe shined and face completely shaved if they see a wrinkle or a hair on your face they will send you home. Do yourself a favor and work anywhere but here.
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
Worst place to work in the albany area.
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYSeptember 5, 2016
this place is practically an HR nightmare. constant work place abuse from racial slurs to blatant harassment. The managers are always threatening to fire you "because they can". management talks down to you if you are unable to make it in on your "day off". The company doesn't give you any breaks really and try to tell you that you may not eat unless you get a sale first. literally the worst place i have ever worked with.
Pros
the only good thing was the pay and earning potential
Cons
terrible place to work, constantly being mentally abused, harassed in many different ways