Albany State University Employee Reviews

Staff (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAApril 7, 2018
Interesting that Indeed makes a review of your workplace a requirement of posting resumes for jobs. My workplace is good and writing a review will perhaps make it better.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAApril 6, 2018
I'm currently a Albany State student that have to balance work from school work. This job helps me to understand how to do that. My coworkers love help me when it come to any task that need to get done.
Nice place to work.
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAMarch 21, 2018
Nice place to work. I am looking for something more inline with my field. It allowed me to take the time off I needed to take care of my family. I would have loved to stay here in a different field.
Great job
Administrative and Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAFebruary 14, 2018
Working at Albany State University College was a great learning experience for me. You had to be a very quick learner in order to keep up with the demand of the students and their needs.
Pros
I was great working with the students
Cons
short lunch breaks
Poor management
ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAFebruary 3, 2018
Cut throat, sweep a lot of things under the rug
Some people in management are Work Bullys
HR sweep a lot under the rug, people "go along to get along" afraid to express disappointment or speak up about work place bullying.
Good place to start a career.
Interim Testing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albany, GA 31705January 25, 2018
I was only in this position as interim due to the previous Testing Coordinator leaving. During my short time there the pay and work life balance was decent.
Not a good fit
Staff Person (Current Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 7, 2017
This is not a good fit for me. I know there are people who have worked there for years but I am looking for opportunities elsewhere. There is little desire to change and make improvement.
University Life
Admin. Asst (Former Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 27, 2017
I loved this place the people that I worked with were awesome. Just wished there were funding available to have kept me on. I love the life of a university it was fun never a dull moment. When you worked you worked in a spirit of excellence.
Work Environment
Director of Enrollment Services (Former Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 21, 2017
Had a good working relationship with both supervisors during my short time there. All of the units responsible for enrollment worked very closely together.
Changed
HIV/AIDS Peer Educators Advisor (Current Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 2, 2017
Okay place for young people- too many management changes- focus has shifted and the business has shifted towards capturing dollars- shaking in their boots about the merger. Made it a bit uncomfortable trying to generate money from clients that should have been with small business like they used to.
Great experience
Groundskeeper/Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 1, 2017
Love working at Albany State. The people are friendly and helpful. The pay wasn't all that good but personally I love the experience and didn't to much care about the pay
Pros
great work envioroment
Cons
pay
Albany State University is a good place to work.
University Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 22, 2017
Not a bad place to work. ABS has it's benefits. I will be proud to tell anyone of the place and it's a good place with some good people. I had a 12 hour shift and the days off was great.
Enjoyable
Temporary Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 19, 2017
The environment is welcoming. The staff is always there for assistance if needed, and it is also peaceful. Learning how to put records on document and filing correctly.
Fun but unorganized place
ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR & RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 17, 2017
This is can be a great starter job for a recent college graduate. There are benefits with going to school for free once you're a tenure employee. I suggest people with good people skills to do this job.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
No promotion capaility
Great Place
Assistant Daycare Teacher (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 11, 2017
I enjoyed my time being an assistant at the Academy. It is a very comfortable environment and the lead teachers are excellent. They do a great job at teaching the assistant how to come into their own to be a lead teacher.
Teaching there was more relaxed because the students all wanted to be there.
Middle Grades Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 26, 2017
A typical work day involved teaching classes, advising students and interacting with other faculty members. I travelled to Bainbridge and Tifton to teach classes on those campuses and also beamed myself to Bainbridge College via the Georgia Statewide Academic and Medical System (GSAMS).
Pros
It was a very enjoyable teaching experience.
Cons
My dean was not well liked by many facullty members across the campus.
A lot of jealousy amongst older employees. No room for advancement and no help from management when filing a complaint
Custodian, Full-time (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 12, 2017
Not a good place for young women to work at. When filing a complaint against another employee i was told just suck it up older people know more than the younger crowd.
Pros
Cons
Everything was out of order
Hostile reverse discrimination occurs daily
Assistant Professor of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 30, 2017
Very hostile work environment and the administration retaliates when someone stands up for what is right. Unequal pay and unequal job responsibilities. Unclear perception of what we should do versus what is the school is legally bound to do .
Albany State is a great place to work!
Assistant to the Dean, College of Business (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 30, 2017
I enjoyed my time as Albany State University. The campus is lovely and the people are helpful. I found that talking with the people from the different departments provided a specific contact person when I needed particular questions answered.
great group of caring people
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 24, 2017
a typical work day is checking emails, scanning, filing secure documents, and taking care of phone lines, I have learned many task om my own, I was not trained for my job, I had to read and learn from old paper work. The hardest part of my job is that for 6 months i have been doing two people jobs and no additional pay for the fill in. The most enjoyable part is that I have the most caring boss, and we help each other out daily.
Pros
not so stressful
Cons
pay does not meet my needs