Albemarle Oil Company Employee Reviews

Awesome
Process Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXApril 23, 2019
This is honestly one of the best places I have ever worked. The management was outstanding and truly valued what each and everyone brought to the table and put everyone in a position to succeed and thrive.
Summary of Position
Instrumentation & Electrical Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 8, 2019
I learned a great deal of new information from this job because it exposed me to a completely new experience which was my first in the professional industry.
Open to trying new things
Process Engineer III (Current Employee) –  South Haven, MIFebruary 8, 2019
Albemarle is a great place to start working and gain experience. I have been here for my whole career so far (7 years and counting) and you get to experience many different things throughout your career. If there was a downside to Albemarle, I would say it is the lack of focus on the future and the amount of knee jerk reactions that take place. As far as advancement goes, your basically either have to be open to move sites or perform an expat assignment to move up. There are not many levels of middle management, so your exposure to high profile individuals can remain high in stressful times/projects. This can function as a way to show what you have as well as a way to show your failures.
Pros
Stable Job, Open to new tasks
Cons
Nearly no ability to move up in the organization
Excellent place to work
Team Lead, US Resupply and Pricing (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 29, 2018
Excellent Place to work , typical 8 hours per day . Excellent people to work with and for. Culture at workplace is very easy to learn your job in. Most enjoyable part of the job is the people in workplace are very friendly.
Good Place to Work
Senior Global Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 31, 2018
Good place to work. The management is good, the time off is good, and plenty of room for opportunity. Mentorship is taken seriously.

I would recommend to anyone.
Team environment
ORDER TO CASH (OTC)-AR AMERICAS LEAD (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 18, 2018
A good company to work for; balance working culture; team members are not happy with senior management's decision to move their positions to North Carolina.
indeed having me to do this
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richfield, NCOctober 3, 2018
indeed is bull for me having to write a review on a job i was employed with years ago and barely remember. All i remember is that the job wasn't the best.
Great place to start a career
Analytical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXSeptember 27, 2018
They are willing to train new employees. A new person coming on board feels valued. For an employee that loves to aquire new knowledge, there is a ton to learn.
Not a place for a family contientious person.
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, ARSeptember 4, 2018
Safety has gotten in the way of being safe. Trying to go beyond OSHA standards doesn't make sense. Such as using standard safety harnesses on 4' platforms just encumbers the workers and makes them more likely to hurt themselves. It might look good on paper, but this company has forgotten about it's people. They aren't worried about the actual safety, as long as it looks safe. That's the long and short of it, this company does not care about it's employees. That's why it's selling pieces off. Profit over sustainability and productivity. They won't be around much longer. Long time employees are leaving in droves. This is what happens when you hire a lawyer as CEO and engineers to run a business instead of business people.
Pros
good insurance
Cons
subpar supervision
Working at Albemarle is like working for yourself.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, ARAugust 30, 2018
A day at Albemarle is do rounds checking mechanical pumps and taking samples of product.. Safety is the most important culture at the plant. I loved being able to set my day up and work my schedule.
The benefits and vacation time is the best I ever had.
Pros
benefits, vacation time, and excellent pay
Cons
na
Corporate Accounting Intern
Corporate Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 22, 2018
Great first look into finance.
Teamwork atmosphere that makes it easy to ask questions and learn on the job.
Little interaction with analysts outside of finance/accounting.
Not a bad place to work
IT MANAGER - US REGION (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXAugust 16, 2018
If you work in manufacturing for this company you will really enjoy your job. Other support areas like IT, Finance, Purchasing, etc do not get the funds to setup an exceptional department.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Senior Management only focuses on HQ
Productive work place
Intellectual Properties Secretary (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 24, 2018
This was a safe and productive environment. People worked together, and team work was a major thing in the offices. I was able to learn and advance. I enjoy my work
Pros
Safe work enviroment
Collaborative Company with Exponential Growth
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 14, 2018
Albemarle is good company and I enjoy working here most days. However, middle management needs to be as forward-thinking as the C-Suite & Individual Contributors. Advancement opportunities are limited for employees, although the company is experiencing amazing growth and this seems to be due to the lack of leadership at the Director and VP levels.
Pros
Retirement Plan, Culture, Stability
Cons
Middle Management, Legacy Technology, Growth Challenges
enjoyable workplace
Payroll Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Tyrone, PAApril 10, 2018
Hectic work environment where I learned a lot about payroll and benefits. I enjoyed working for both managers I had and the workplace culture was positive. The hardest part of the job was dealing with disgruntled employees and the part I enjoyed most was my coworkers.
benefits
Cons
telling employees what they did not want to hear
Poor company vision
Toxicologist (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 5, 2018
This is a company in transition from a chemical vendor to a mining company. There has never been a clear vision articulated. If you are not a chemical engineer you are not valued here.
Good place to work.
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXFebruary 16, 2018
Its a good place to work. I am just looking to expand my knowledge. I learned how safety plays a very important role in the industry. The most important for me is to provide more for my family.
Pros
Schedule, safety culture
Cons
The demand for the product is decreasing.
Ok to work for, but I wouldn't make a career there
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 15, 2018
Typical day started with an informal pow-wow with the other members of the department to get everyone up to speed on whats been happening. After that I was mostly left to my own projects if I wasn't working on something assigned to me.
Great place to work...
Environmental Contractor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXFebruary 13, 2018
I liked the people, some of the processes were antiquated and the ESH culture was going through quite a shift while I was there, with a huge improvement made by the time I left. Plant managers seem to be rotated in and out very quickly but I think that was a result of some corporate restructuring.
Pros
Great Environmental Manager
Cons
Multiple plant managers while I was there.
Productive steady pace
Operator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJanuary 2, 2018
Productive work with plenty of different jobs to learn, on your feet a lot but easy to get along with other coworkers that are willing to help out. Learned to do lockout tag out on all the equipment, learned how to run utilities by maintaining steam pressure, air pressure, process water coming into the plant. Learned how to run the units, ABB dcs systems