Albert Einstein College of Medicine Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Volunteer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 26, 2018
I worked as a volunteer for about a year enjoyed working for my team which was security, I was offered a job but at the time I did not have a Ged and the person who offered me the job was not willing to train me as I would of worked without pay while I obtained my Ged.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Was unable to get hired
Graduated student and Graduated
PhD Candidate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10461May 29, 2018
I Graduated with my PhD. Getting kicked out. They talk about family and einstein being a home, but after you graduate, no one cares where you go. Not very family like.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Admin is terrible and doesn't care about you
Good place for first post doc studies
Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Medicine (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2018
This is best place if you wants to learn medical education with background in basic life science. Good workplace. Competitive salary. Biweely meeting for scientific discussion. Good ambience.
Pros
Ambience
Cons
Away from Central NYC
great benefits but no room to advance
Senior Administrative Assistant, Cancer Center (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 1, 2018
I stayed here for the benefits medical, dental, childcare
they real you in with vacation and other perks hard to leave
money is ok and flexibility is good
Instructor
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 24, 2018
I was a postdoc and instructor. It was competitive among ourselves. There was corruption in the higher up making it difficult for many faculty. There were continuous problems and complaints about the chair at the time and the one that took over.
Pros
High academic standards
Cons
Poor leadership
Excellent!
Asst Clinical Professor of Psychiatry (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 30, 2018
World renown institution with an excellent reputation for innovation and community based health and mental health care. Staff and leadership committed to providing ethical, high quality services to all.
Depends on your department
Special Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 30, 2018
Albert Einstein is going through many changes. It can be a great place to work but it really depends on the department you work for. Most people are great, some not so much.
Challenging
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 20, 2018
I've been working for 3 years as postdoctoral researcher. Typical day begins at 8.30 until 19.00. I have learned to interact with diverse cultural background colleagues. The workplace culture can be difficult at the beginning because of many coworkers from other cultures, but after a month get used to. The most enjoyable part is feel challenged and treated as a professional.
Visiting Scientist and Ph.D. Student (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2018
People have an open door policy. Great and smart researchers everywhere. Resources vary from lab to lab, but they institution have share facilities and they are improving.

To work as a Ph.D. student there have a lot of advantages. Highly recommended
I found community at work
Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2018
I am not sure if I am lucky but I absolutely love my co-workers and supervisor. Everyone works really hard but also everyone shows a great deal of care for others.
The Extremely Stressful, but most rewarding Position in My Employment History
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 2, 2018
My typical day was first scheduling meeting with patients/clientele concerning their medical/psych participation. Also updating and rescheduling appointments.

Pulling patients charts and filing medical reports.

Answering telephone calls.

The hardest part of the job are the emergency visits, requests or patients outbursts.

The most enjoyable part of the job was encounter patients with positive updates on the status of their conditions.
Pros
Helping patients and clientele to improve medical, emotionally as well mentally.
Cons
Watching patients expired or receiving a negative diagnose.
Collaborative Setting
Department Administrator / Financial Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 1, 2018
Review grants/budgets, administer financial aspects of the department. Supervise non technical staff. Ensure cohesiveness and camaraderie in office setting.
Wonderful workplace, loved the management team, great co-workers
Residency Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 24, 2018
It was a true delight working at the Einstein College of Medicine, great salary and healthcare benefits, good working environment, great communication with management team
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
No cons
Counselor II (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 6, 2018
The staff treate each other like family and worked well together.The environment could be stressful because of high demands and turnover in adminstration staff.
Pros
early workday tuition reimbursement
Cons
large caseloads
Place with various opportunities
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 20, 2017
Here you can find ambitious people, relaxed people, and most importantly professional people to work with. Reasonable pay, considerate and flexible benefits. Maybe the only downside is that there are not so many good food options nearby.
Excellent work environment
Receptionist/Typist III (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 13, 2017
Greeting people and interacting with various cultures, it was amazing. I was able to learn more about the research arena, recruiting and the medical field.
Pros
amazing work culture
Cons
grant funded
learned a lot each day at work
Research Technician (Current Employee) –  1300 morris park ave bronx ny 10461November 5, 2017
i learned a lot every day at work, i love my job, it is very interesting and enjoyable.

i looked different shapes stem cell under the micro and they all very healthy.
Pros
free tea
Cons
health first
communication
Clinical Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 24, 2017
It is a good place to work. Most jobs are grant funded. They need to work on management interacting with staff not just students or pre med applicants. it is a very diverse cultural place
Steady work
Machinist Grade (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 5, 2017
it's a good job good work hours they pay you back for education 35 hour work week management could be better but they are working on that good work invironment
work place
Lead Utility Worker /Housekeeping Dept (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 13, 2017
stressful at times but that has to do with been lead utility worker.
overall its not a bad place to work, very good benefit and starting salary not too bad.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight