Albertsons Companies Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Should you or should you not work for this company you make your choice on your own.
Former bakery clerk (Former Employee) –  Somewhere in cali. Need not to knowJuly 20, 2018
Goood frist job back in the early 2000's, kind of still a good first job to put money in your pocket or bank account. For some it's cool if management postion and good people working with you if not and all micromanage sucks everyone wants to be incharge.
Pros
10% offVons/Albertsons brand 5% National brands
Cons
Make you work on your lunch sometimes, everyone rins around crazy when corporate is coming or thinks they are coming.
good learning experience in management
Front End Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAJuly 16, 2018
I enjoyed working as a team and leading by example . I was the front end manger that was in charge of a lot of money and people. I worked directly with the store director to achieve goals set from corporate.
Variety of work and always challenging.
Manager of Third Party Accounting (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 10, 2018
Communication between various areas of the business allowed projects to be completed. Management was very hands-on and were very helpful with training.
Not what it used to be
Front End Manager (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAJuly 3, 2018
This company was a lot better to work for years ago. Since Albertsons and Safeway merged, hours have been cut but the amount of work that we've been expected to do has increased. Most of management has checked out mentally, and are only focused on the things that they will get in trouble for not doing. Everyone who has been there for more than five years is actively working on a way to "get out", but we feel trapped by our salary. There is a lot of stress there.
It is ok
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 2, 2018
Very un organized didn't like the way the system is set up the Pay is great their production based and work on the numbers they want u to hit one hundred percent while people are in ur way
Pros
Own lunch some breaks
Engaged environment, good communication
Asset Protection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 27, 2018
Working as an Asset Protection Specialist for Albertsons Companies specifically Safeway, there is much opportunity for growth in your role. The culture in the Asset Protection department is all about driving results whether it being keeping numbers up as far as external cases went or finding every opportunity to correct a mistake and learn from, also getting to be more involved with ORC investigations is something that can expand your knowledge in the Asset Protection field. Pay is definitely above average compared to other Asset Protection jobs and can be higher based on how much experience you have. So far it has been a good opportunity to get better at floor observation, coming from PTZ's you definitely get the opportunity to be more well rounded as far as maintaining constant observation on an external. Within my area, I get paid for mileage and constantly work at different stores so it keeps the week interesting.
Pros
Pay, Mileage Pay, Hands-on
Cons
Scheduling, PTO after 1-year
albertsons
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 26, 2018
Albertsons is a good place to work. usually did 8-9 hours a day and had 3 days off. used the forklift and headset to pick orders. got moved to different departments and learned many things.
Low compensation for work provided.
Service Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, TXJune 25, 2018
I love working at Albertsons but the compensation is lower than most other stores. The management and avenues to advance were all superb just couldnt make enough to live off.
Management is horrible
Department Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 24, 2018
Management is a backstabbing club. You have to be one of the favorites. The corporate hr is terrible, never follows through. There is favoritism among the senior staff which makes it impossible to work under.you get the obligatory 2% raise every year regardless of performance. They promised they would do things and they didn't. I left due to the work stress. Culture is not what is appear.s
Poor management
HRIS Business Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 22, 2018
Management has recently gone through a restructure, brought in all contractors and personnel from different walks of life and different levels of experience. Groups that were formed for years and had process were divided.

Meetings would last all day, back to back, and the majority of them could be handled virtually or over an email.
Pros
Great cafe'
Cons
clock watchers, even for salary P level EE's
Great place to grow career
Director (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 20, 2018
Great company that rewards and promotes from within. May lessons can be learned in retail and can drive many career aspirations through extensive opportunities to succeed.
called me to come in twice and then never hit me up again. Terrible.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Desert Hot Springs, CAJune 20, 2018
They wont get back to you unless they feel its urgent, wasted a lot of my time and im sure they've done it to a great many. Irresponsible manager = bad management.
4 thumbs up
Accounts Payable Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 14, 2018
I loved my job at Albertsons and was there for almost 10 years. I was sad when they sent our jobs offshore. I would love to go back as I miss it a lot.
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJune 12, 2018
Working at Albertsons was fun ,i was always doing something ,always working on a task which is a good thing because i like staying busy. I learned to adjust to a fast paced environment .
Pros
Store discount, friendly staff
Cons
Short breaks
The worst job ever!
Better not say (Current Employee) –  Longview, WAJune 9, 2018
The company is all about greed. Upper management, PIC's, department managers don't care about their crew. Lots of gossip, back stabbing, drama, bullying, intimidation, and zero caring for employees, and customers. Do not work for this company. It is a joke. Managers are a joke, and incompetent. This company brings the absolute worst out in people. Becoming a journeyman takes a ridiculously long time. The company pits employees against each other, and no loyalty, and shamelessly use people as scapegoats. Horribly negative emviornment. This company deserves a zero.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 6, 2018
Very fast paced wealth with all kinds of people from around the world. Weekly pay checks were good. Bad thing was never able to move up In the cpmpany
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZJune 2, 2018
Typical day at work is usually pretty routine. We have duties that need to completed by end of day. I've learned to have a great deal of patients, and to be flexible when it gets busy. Most importantly to enjoy each other under circumstances that sometimes we can't control.
OK place to work
Senior Accountant - Accounting Department (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 25, 2018
Many meetings, no life-work balance
Favoritism is very common at work. People are getting promoted based on who they know and not what they know. Some employees don't work 40 hours a week and can get away with this.
Pros
Fitness Center
Cons
Favoritism
Great place to grow
Menu Labeling Data Tracker (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CAMay 22, 2018
working with professional staff. Fun working place. Good environment. Great management. Good opportunity to learn about foods and nutrition facts. Very cultural staff.
Good work life balance
Sr. Technical Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 10, 2018
Management is very dynamic and a very nice place to work with a good work life balance. Long term benefits and also very knowledgeable workforce. Good solutions.