Albertsons Companies Employee Reviews

alright place to work
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILSeptember 20, 2018
very competitive
fast paced
stressful but if you keep at it you might get used to it eventually, and get a promotion with hard work and enough experience
Lack of Managerial Skills or Advancement
CASHIER SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Vergennes, VTSeptember 19, 2018
Management has demanding expectations while giving no support for growth within the role. Additional duties without being compensated was a regular occurrence.
Pros
Cons
Poor Management
Horrible workplace
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  ChicagoSeptember 14, 2018
This is a horrible place to work, it’s mainly for high school age kids! Management is horrible! There’s room for advancement if your not black! They don’t promote African American!
SCAN COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Arroyo Grande, CASeptember 5, 2018
Great place to work, enjoyed the coworkers and interacting with customers. Management worked well with employees and with their schedules. Ideal company to work for.
Got the Job Done
National Hardware Buyer/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CASeptember 5, 2018
I was contracted in. Wasn't exposed to much of the company other than the department i was working in. People weren't as friendly as i am sued to. But it isnt a bad company.
Fun Place
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CASeptember 3, 2018
Fun place to work. Great people to work with. I nice mix of new grads and seasoned professionals that made the business more at a fast and innovative pace. I learned a lot at this company.
Pros
Discounts of Safeway foods
Cons
not much room for advancement
not fun just stressful
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 31, 2018
it could have been a more positive work place environment. and the people could have been easier to work with but beggars cant be choosers. I will not be working for this company again
Albertsons
Cake Decorator/Baker (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXAugust 28, 2018
You have to have “thick skin” to survive this place! At least in the bakery anyways! Being on your feet and hauling butt to not get behind is an everyday struggle! You walk in a day behind in the bakery everyday. And it’s been that way for years. So Unless you love chaos, you don’t belong in the bakery
Pros
The store director is an awesome manager!
Super stressfull
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Portland,ORAugust 26, 2018
The Managers would yell at you for messing up something small, and keep complaining all day about it, nobody talked, I HATED everytime I had to go work there, I hated it so much I just walked out and never came back
Pros
Nothing!!
Bakery Associate (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 20, 2018
Great place to have a career if it's what you want. Friendly atmosphere and a good long term commitment to a business that will and does take care of you
Pros
Supportive management
Cons
Not enough employees
N/a
Starbucks Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAAugust 18, 2018
There are typical days and there are atypical. I've some days learned a lot and other nothing at all. Management was management. And the culture is like any grocery culture.
Good place to gain skills
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 17, 2018
There will be plenty of chances to learn new skills depending on the type of work done. Excel will be used a lot and some tasks demand a certain level of skill in using the program. Knowing how to pull data is also a skill that will be learned.
Ok working environment
Brand Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 14, 2018
Difficult to move up in company. Fast moving environment. There is a lot of independent work that is expected to get done. Not too much training if any.
Pros
Has a cafe
Cons
Not really a group environment
Great buidling block
Seafood Manager (Current Employee) –  Monrovia, CAAugust 13, 2018
Great place to work when you are 18-25 good start to life. But horrible benefits unless you already have had 20 years in because they are on the old contract. New contracts are horrible. I'm going to be paid 1 dollar above minimum wage for way more work the new employees will get and want to be compensated.
Pros
Great people that work here
Cons
To much pressure for a grociery store
Nice pay long hours
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Wells, MEAugust 12, 2018
Its is a good place to work for according to the pay and benefits but after probation the hours are strenuous barley any days off always forced in (union) and the quotas for the week have you drained when you come home to your family
Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 10, 2018
I had a great time working for Albertsons. Once I got into Management I understood more on how the company works. Then I got to know more of the managers and they are not all good people.
Very difficult
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAAugust 8, 2018
No room for growth, which life is built on and how OUR managers became managers and so on. I wish albertsons was able to hear us out a bit more, I was there for numerous years and recieved non of the ASKED advancement, after willing to show my dedication to becoming a store director. Albertsons is an amazing place if you work hard and have integrity. if you dont you will not like any job. Other than that, albertsons is amazing
Pros
Store director and assistant are awesome
Cons
checkers are slow and still recieve hours while creating a deficit in our sales???
Terrible management
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Hollister, CaAugust 8, 2018
The store management and department management are very rude and calculating. They are unprofessional and seem to think it’s okay to yell at employees infront of customers and coworkers. Bad place to work
Pros
Cons
Rude management, manipulative management, poor culture, lack of accountability, lack of proper tools to perform job
No room for growth
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago ilAugust 8, 2018
I've been working for this company for years. It's only gotten worse. There is no room for advancement. The management is sucky. And if you're looking for a raise look somewhere else because you wont get it.
Pros
Coworkers are great love the customers
Cons
Management hours
Up to you to work there or not I dont think I wanna be here any longer
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAAugust 4, 2018
The managers will screw up the schedule. As of yesterday 8/3/18and today 8/4/18 I will be working by myself from 10-7 with over 35+orders and no help. Even sometimes when you don’t feel good like you feel sick and you tell someone they won’t give you sick leave if you leave early they’ll put it as unexcused. The pay gets all screwed up as well. Getting breaks in the bakery is hard when no one wants to cover you because everyone hates it back there. If you been there long enough it might be a good job to make a living but I only get paid 11.40 and my fiancé who works in just about every department gets paid 11.30.
Pros
Medical care
Cons
Management and scheduling screwed up