Albertsons Companies Employee Reviews

Good work life balance
Sr. Technical Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 10, 2018
Management is very dynamic and a very nice place to work with a good work life balance. Long term benefits and also very knowledgeable workforce. Good solutions.
Good
Corporate Procurement Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 8, 2018
Good overall company. I don't really want to discuss this but it is required to fill in at least 150 characters. Not sure what the point of this is.
albertsons is a very intersting place to work.
Cashier (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Rosamond, CAMay 4, 2018
albertsons teaches you things in ways you wouldnt learn anywhere else. its a very hectic and stressful environment when the staffs communication is lacking and people dont show up. if everything ran as it should with people willing to work hard everday and prove that they deserve their paychecks it would be a great company to work for.
Fast pace learning experience
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee) –  Prince Frederick, MDMay 3, 2018
I learned how to multitask, handle upset customers and time management. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able work with a small group of people and developing relationships with co-workers. The hardest part the job is handling long lines on my own
It was a productive workplace
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  4060 Ryan st Lake Charles laMay 2, 2018
I clock in at 3 and my boss would leave me a list to do and I would start with what he would put at the top which would be the wet rack and the tables and I would refill the salads and I would sweep the back room and clean the sinks
Pros
We have to buy our own lunches
Cons
We got a 30-1hr lunch
Good to start then horrible
Person In Charge (PIC) (Current Employee) –  Baker City, ORApril 28, 2018
Starting out at Safeway/Albertsons co. It was great we had an amazing team running full force and taking names and making a name for ourselves. Up to about the first year. Then a manager change happened and everything went down hill. Work life started interfering with home life. In reality this job is made for someone who’s single. I have seen this company rip families apart because of scheduling.
Great place to work!
Senior Ecommerce Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAApril 28, 2018
Great people, great environment, awesome location. Easy to approach management, inclusive culture. great place to work for locals as well as commuters.
Pros
great culture
Cons
Not enough time to do all required
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  West Linn, ORApril 19, 2018
Since roles were changed and the stores converted they have 1 person doing many jobs for no more pay for example the bookkeeper is now running the front end doing books running customer service and checking all at the same time.. DAILY its a very stressful enviornment.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not enough pay
Great place to begin a career
Information Technology Field Service Technician 3 (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 17, 2018
Safeway has given me everything I own, but work life balance is getting strained with a family, for the pay I receive. Pay is industry standard but on the low end. As most things are OTJ due to proprietary reasons, no certifications are required for the position.
Pros
work from home
Cons
small wage scale and slow advancement
n/a
Grocery manger (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 10, 2018
The companey that i started working for was Safeway it was bought out afew years back, so i had an older contract with the companey. new employees have it a little harder to make as much. but its a good job if your going to school
Pros
lots
Cons
lots
Acquisition Fail
Director of Product Development and Innovation (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAApril 3, 2018
The acquisition of Safeway by Albertsons completely changed the work environment to extremely stressful and lacking innovation. The go forward strategy is all about the exit and providing Cerberus with their payout.
Fast paced environment
GM Department Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 30, 2018
One of the things I learned during my time with Albertsons is that the only constant is change and you must be flexible. Albertsons merged twice while I was there and changed systems and procedures. Albertsons has an open door policy and management cares about its employees.
In a typical day I would proof and double check pricing for ads, set retails for new and promotional items and contact vendors for verification or correction to paperwork.
The hardest part of the job was saying goodbye to all the wonderful people I met through the years.
Pros
vendor samples
Great customer service
Service Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAMarch 28, 2018
From day one every coworker made me feel very comfortable. I really enjoyed working there. I would honestly love to go work back to Albertsons again..
Pros
Get treated same as any other employee
Cons
There was not enough hours
Ambitious but stressful
Regulatory Technologist (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CAMarch 27, 2018
Great in the aspect of learning a wide variety of regulatory requirements for many categories. Highly ambitious, forward moving company. Difficult job environment at times.
fair
butcher block clerk (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 26, 2018
I worked for 9 years you had to work long and hard and then you would move up. hardest time I had was taking time off none trained to take your work on. understand you work nights,weekends,and holidays its hard for people with low income and kids,large turnaround and hard on other employees.
Its a job
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 22, 2018
I first loved working here until i started noticing how dirty and disrespectful some people really were. They do not work with your schedule unless you have seniority in the company. I have children, no family in bakersfield & have mentioned numerous amounts of time that i am only available MORNINGS. My bakery manager gave all mornings to an emoloyee who has no children and lives with her parents. i asked over and over for mornings because i dont feel comfortable leaving my kids home alone.
Pros
Cons
They do not work with your schedule
Great
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMarch 21, 2018
Wonderful people and great work environment. Helpful co-workers. Clean store. Always smiling and steady work flow. Flexible schedule with days and hours.
Pros
Stressfree
Cons
Limited warehouse space
Stay away
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 20, 2018
Worked in the National Accounting Services Center in Phoenix. Management was poor. The amount of work was always increasing but requests to increase headcount were always denied. No investment in infrastructure. If there was a problem it was never fixed, just had a band-aid applied and moved on. Band-aids on top of band-aids. Pay was decent but the health insurance was garbage. Constantly working 10+ hours.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Everything else
Great employees and employers
McKinney Locations, Cashier/Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXMarch 19, 2018
Working at for Tom Thumb/Albertsons is generally simple and easy to do without stressing much over it. I love working for the team and working for the store as the employees and employers are great and easy going. Perhaps the most difficult part of the job is that the middle managers want the store wanted to maintain low number of staffs to cut costs. This had put pressure on me as a clerk to maintain balance between customer service and cleaning duties. Other than that, the environment is great.
Pros
Fast Pace, simple work environment
Cons
Short Break, Lack of help
Had great job - left for another 'opportunity'...sorry I did
Manager - Third Party Audit (Former Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILMarch 19, 2018
Good relationship with other departments and managers. Cooperative environment - all working to attain goals.
Great staff that was eager to learn and assist wherever needed.
Pros
small cafeteria with hot foods
Cons
Some days too busy for breaks