Albertsons
62Average

Albertsons Employee Reviews

Found 6,090 reviews matching the search
With 5 years in the company I can tell you this: If you plan to work overnight expect to never succeed no matter how hard you work. There will always be a problem that is your fault even if it has nothing to do with your department. You will be understaffed doing the workload of 2-4 people every night, expected to stay mandatory overtime, be scrutinized for the fact that you have to work overtime because of having too much work and not enough help. Any raise would be a sheer miracle as you will always be seen as the department that can never get the work done. You will be expected to help other departments that already have the help they need and be scrutinized for not getting your own job done simultaneously. The management will never actually take the time to see how hard you work and will just come in in the morning and blame everything on the department that can take the heat, your department, because nobody ever monitors it, you're the easy scapegoat for everything. They will work you to exhaustion only rivaled by Amazon and then tell you you did nothing, sully your business image, and feed off your tears in their coffins after sunrise, bring a stake and garlic. I would not recommend this job to anyone who isn't desperate. It's one of the worst environments you could get sucked into and you will never have time for life or moving on to better things trapped in that cycle.
Pros
No dress code for overnight. That's literally it.
Cons
I keep getting an error here, so I'll keep it simple, everything is a con
Maintaining a problem solving, positive, optimistic, caring, compassionate attitude towards customers goes a long way with making the job easier. Keeping the team worker attitude to help others out when they need it, will be given to you in return along with the managers.
Pros
Free meals, part time benefits, flexible schedule
Cons
Unpleasant customers sometimes, pay rate, working over time
They treat you poorly, they think you're a robot and want more and more done with the least amount of people. They treat you like you're dumb and belittle and degrade you.
I originally applied as a courtesy clerk. I wasn’t offered the job and because I have barista experience, I was put in Starbucks (where I did not want to be). I have been here for almost 2 years and I’m wanting to leave the company, in the middle of looking for another job. Turnover rate is highland people don’t last. Now being ran by a new manager who is terrible at their job.
Cons
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Albertsons is decent but truly depends on the department you are in and the managers in the department. Most of the times issues are resolved.
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Albertsons is terrible they only care about what you can do for them. You're only a number to them and will fire you for the smallest infraction
I enjoyed working here it was very convenient that they pay every week and are fair when it comes to everyone getting a holiday off not the same people put on schedule to work holidays all the time they take pride in customer service.
worked at albertsons wharehouse in poncacity , okla for nearly 6 yrs. the on site management is not very knowledgable in reguards to the reallities of the work , or so called production numbers they constantly spout to hourly employees. if you are a hard worker , and meet , or exceed the standard they will continue to adjust it , but only for you not the entire group. mthey ride those qualified for several jobs to cover the slackers while threatening you with disciplinary action for becoming irritated with their abuse. poor management, with a total lack of interest in improving anything.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
bad working conditions.
I worked for this company for five years as my first job that helped me throughout my college career. The hours were incredibly flexible, and for the most part, my managers were consistently fair, kind, and reliable. Of course, customer service has its challenges, but that is the nature of the work. Like most retail jobs, the pay was not ideal, but I often found myself being offered additional hours if I asked for them, or when the need for more staff was great. For most of my time there, I was a Courtesy Clerk, though I did advance to Cashier with time. If your management is fair, the work will always be done better, and with more genuine happiness. I had a positive experience at my store, although the customers were often the most colorful aspect.
Pros
Good hours, kind coworkers, flexibility
Cons
Low pay, high-stress work environment, sometimes bad management
Albertsons is going through culture change with the assistance of many consultants. The environment is high stress, low trust, and difficult. Many of the people below senior management are very nice and enjoyable to be around.
Pros
good pharmacy prices
Cons
senior leadership
I absolutely hated working here. Working with the general public always has its ups and downs. Mostly downs at Albertsons. Management was the woooorst. The only reason I kept working there for so long we’re my stellar coworkers.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Everything else
I worked at Albertsons for about 8 years. At first I was able to advance quickly but then management stopped caring it seemed. I was mostly paid fairly and had some work life balance. Not a bad place to work but not great either.
Pros
Paid fairly
Cons
Short breaks, retail
Working for the company in the deli was good I enjoyed it I learned some new work abilities the problem wasn't that it was the company itself was not very good to you and I've seen too many people come and go because the company wouldn't take care of their people there Union based which I agree with but their union doesn't help you much if you have a problem with any of the management
Pros
We would have free BBQs
Cons
Very stressful workplace
Working here was alright. No advancement. Pay was minimum, plus paying into the union. Which is why it is hard to get people to work here, although you are basically unfirable.
Read the title and don't look back! Horrible management, still stuck in the stone age. Working conditions are very poor and nobody seems to notice or care.
This is one of the best companies I’ve ever worked for hands down great environment. Everyone is very helpful if you have any questions or need advice on what to do to make your job easier anyone will help
I wouldn’t wish my worst enemy to work here. They can’t run an well balanced shop in any department. Managers are belittling. No one knows how to do their job. You are the only one who knows how to do yours so if you need a day or some time off you get screwed and way behind. Nothing is ever anybody’s fault until it’s yours. Just don’t do it.
Pros
Decent pay. But not worth it
Cons
work with you on your schedule. sometimes the hours are good sometimes not so much. management is always willing to work with you and make your schedule suitable for you.
Pros
compromising management
Cons
hours vary
I was a deli manager from 2001 to 2007. Miss the bonuses especially. Writing my own schedule and it felt more like family there. Worked at stores #4366 and #4349 near the end. Miss that place.
All the customer service people were awesome. Same with the checkers. But the pay wasn't very good for a clerk. Just expect a lot of work. It's a good starting job, but don't stay longer then you need to. Highest pay is 9$ an hour.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Short breaks
ManagementI really like upper management of this company just not the management in my particular store.OverallI can see why people like this company, my particular store did not follow company policy and management is a joke. When talking to other stores management I didn’t fine the same level of incompetence.
  1. Employee Reviews