Albertsons

Albertsons Employee Reviews

Found 5,544 reviews matching the search
Positive Changes
Since buying Safeway, the company has adopted the philosophy to be open and transparent. Providing more incentive comp to managers, and attempting to add value to the employer brand. I think the HR department still has a way to go in terms of being a true business partner and thinking outside the box to develop a compelling employer brand philosophy that motivates, inspires, and challenges individuals to be the best they can be.
Pros
Innovative in new business initiatives, and training. Senior Management is open to change
Cons
Benefits are poor, no matching 401k, incentive comp is not consistent, and work life balance is poor. Store Directors can be very poor managers
didn't care for this company
terrible place to work. bad management, over work with not enough pay.
I was in bakery they just stuck me there this know how to bake a cake. I would never refer.
I love interacting with all my customers but management makes work difficult
Customers are great the job itself is great but if management don't get what they want they take it out on the employees won't work with availabilities pay only starts at 9.00 no matter what department and never hardly any raises
I give this particular store a rating of 3 on a scale of 1-10
Would be very helpful if I had a stable schedule. Be nice to also have two people on each shift. So there's less stress on one employee. Having two consecutive off days would be a plus that are back-to-back.
Experience
Amazing And exciting challenging growth potential I would love to work there for many years and move up in the management and Represent the workers make changes for the union and be a trainer and do the best I can’t to excel in the field
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Great advancement
Challenging and rewarding and fun. Great people to work with. An open and truthful environment to be a part of. False sense of job security. Company went through downsizing
Advancement
I started as a cashier , I became a department head in 2 years and became 1 of 4 ASD's 2 years later. I learned to provide the best customer service around.
Good
I like working there when I am there its a nice place to work at I like here better then my old job at pavilion's in south Pasadena but the people are really nice
Great Benefits
Company has great benefits. No work life balance, no flexibility for the employees.
You work 10 hour shifts, 5 days a week, 2pm-12:30am or 7am-5:30pm when your director is off.
Productive and very fun environment
I got the same schedule most weeks. I got to work independently and with customers. Managers were wonderful, always had full confidence in my work ethics. I learned to oder supplies and work at a fast pace. I always had work to do, I really enjoyed working there.
i loved the job
albertsons is a wonderful company and does hire teenagers who are trying to earn some money. there are a variety of people who work there, and everyone is a team
A great place to work
A great place to work, especially as a first job. Entirely possible for a person to be hired as teenager in high school and turn the job into a career, including moving up to top positions at the company. The company is very accommodating for employees who move to new cities in assisting them secure a job at another location, which is extremely helpful especially for college students.
busy and productive
This isn't a bad job to keep you busy all day. you're constantly busy doing things in order to make the storage room neat and the floor looking good for customers
Great company
Good company to work for just need a change and more pay. A lot has changed since the merger. Safeway has been very good to
Me for the 34 years that I have been with but it’s time to move on to something new.
They dont care about you
Albertsons doesn't care about anyone or any of their companies. They are good at ruining things. They closed the facility and not one member of Albertsons management came to even try to help find new jobs. Only the supervisors that wer laid off as well actually cared enough to help with trying to find a new job. Albertsons has been tearing apart families since 1839
I was hired as a cashier
I moved up fairly quickly. I made a lot of good friends, and I learned so much about the grocery business. I learned orders, pre-orders for holidays. I learned invantory, rotation, stocking, wrapping, how to get into our work portals for invoices, and other work related tasks. When I left, It was hard because I worked there for so long but, the job took a a tole on my body. I left for a change in occupation, but I feel so lucky to have been able to work there. I learned so much and it made me a better employee.
Co-workers in HQ office
Great flexible working hours but the most enjoyable part of the job was the people I work closely with that made coming to work with a purpose fulfilling !
Adaptable environment with friendly employees
Albertsons has a workplace filled with fun people who made work every day fun.
A typical day started with morning duties and a Courtesy Clerk had an hourly responsibility to clean all bathrooms and sweep floors. I was also in charge of collecting all the shopping carts.
You better be quick
Speed is of the essence working at Albertsons, at least in the bakery. early hours which freed up the rest of my day, but it's the same thing day after day and you have to do everything within a limited time slot.
Productive and fun with Video games and Ping-Pong table.
I am please to work for Albertsons company. I learned a lot of experiences from it. Specifically, I learned how to do Cashier job and how to help and serve customers.
productive and interesting workplace
A typical day here would include helping out customers, making food in the deli, cleaning, etc. Th.is place is a good entry level job for people in high school or just got out of high school
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Albertsons. Our community is ready to answer.
1.8K
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight