Albertsons Employee Reviews

Found 4,655 reviews matching the search See all 4,659 reviews
I felt like a robot there
Bilingual Payment Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Deer Valley, AZJanuary 16, 2019
This position required me to utilize various collection strategies in an attempt to collect payments while following the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and state guidelines and laws. I was accountable for negotiating payment terms for principal and fees in order to reduce our check write-off.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and tidy workspace
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJanuary 16, 2019
Building pallets to send to stores that need product to sell in store. Basic warehouse work and requires physical and mental strength in order to do job in efficient way
very good company to work for
Center Store Manager/Acting Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tujunga, CAJanuary 16, 2019
a great place to work. great co workers. a little stressful at times. customers good get very angry at times. overall its a physical and demanding job.
Laidback
BUTCHER (Former Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAJanuary 15, 2019
The company was really laid back. If you ask for help or needed anything they were there for you. They care about their employees. If you need off you tell them a week bf and they wouldn’t schedule you. You always had help if needed. Great company to work for.
Pros
Time off paid. Nice people. Great customers. The nicest managers
Cons
Off the top of my head none
productive days, fast pace,
Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZJanuary 15, 2019
work ethic,loved the men i worked with.
hardest part was small orders but was a challenge.
teaches you to pay attention to detail.
management was fair.
Pros
get in shape, work ethic, attention to detail.
Cons
away from family.
Work
ORDER SELECTOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Good work atmosphere, physically aggressive, friendly environment, good management, flexible schedules, great pay, good benefits, room for advancement
Corporate Office in Phoenix is the worst culture/management
HRIS Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 14, 2019
Management would continually implement things without testing them. They claimed people hated change so they would role out new systems without telling anyone.

They had lesson learned meetings after projects were completed but continued to set dates before analysis and continued to use the same Project Management team that failed to implement projects on time.

Even though our office did IT work their jobs were classified as service so they didn't need to pay us more.

They treat their Full-time employees who fixed problems they caused like hourly - keeping track of days off and required a Dr's note if you took more than 2 days off.

Management is stuck in the 80's, they have all been there too long to realize - other industries pay more & allow people to telecommute
Pros
Free lunches/dinner due to OT needed due to poor PM
Cons
Management, Healthcare costs
Easy job and managment was not the worst
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMJanuary 13, 2019
I enjoyed working here as a highschool student. It kept me busy as there was always something to do or something that needed to get done. Still talk to my past managers to this day, but as an employee we did not get along nearly as well as we do now. Would highly recommend as a part-time job, but I feel like I would personally get burned out working here full-time.
Pros
employee discounts, friendly work environment
Cons
short breaks
Good Company for me at the time
Pharmacy Management (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJanuary 12, 2019
I was a very young widow with a 6 month old child and had several jobs before Albertsons. I liked the hours for the most part although babysitting and transportation issues arose at times due to a pharmacist's twelve hour day. I was not interested in climbing to a higher level. I ran the pharmacy, as if it were my own. I loved helping customers and was happy to provide fast, accurate and friendly service. There was no tech, so I felt comfortable doing all of the mandatory checks on the prescription. I felt our record keeping system and the necessity of keeping it up daily offered good custody of controlled substances.
Pros
Little management interference. I ran the pharmacy the way I would have my own, so although not horribly busy, I was very happy to work there.
Cons
Often no lunch, a lot of cleaning required, date checks and maintenance of stock was sometimes difficult, some of the partners offered during he time between the first partner and last partner were sc
It was so long ago I don't know what's changed
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 12, 2019
I worked part time as a courtesy clerk in 2009 for about a year while I was in high school and the job was only meant to be an experience for work and something to do with my free time. I don't know what's changed in the last 10 years and what is still the same at the company.
Fun and Friendly
Convenience Store Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dumas, TXJanuary 11, 2019
The supervisors were very nice and reasonable. Enteracting with both customers and employees was the best part of the job. Some of the customers were taxing but overall not so bad. There was always something to do, from the moment you walked in the door and until you left.
Cons
Short breaks, if any
Great place to work, Corporate greed makes it untenable
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 11, 2019
Great place to work, environment is friendly and the consumer base was very relaxed. (With few exceptions) The management aren't very empathetic to the needs of their employees, as the cut hours and already low rate of pay make it unreasonable to actually make a living there.
Company left the area or I would have stayed with them
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 10, 2019
Great company to work for but limited upward promotional opportunity. Great culture with great training for their managers. Enjoyed contest within district to drive production and moral. Poor decisions at top caused company to leave central texas,
Pros
Great benefits, Good culture
Cons
Too structured from top down.
A good company
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 10, 2019
I learned how to slice meat with this company they show me alot. My first time cooking with a fryer and using a steam table. The store went out of business.
A good place to work in the 70's & 80's
Book Keeper / Head Checker (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 10, 2019
Albertson's was a growing and dynamic company to work for in the 1970's and 80's. The staff worked as a team and they offered a living wage and excellent benefits.
overworked and underpayed
service deli clerk (Current Employee) –  Steilacoom, WAJanuary 9, 2019
fast paced, customer service, constantly busy. prep, production, cook. most of the employees are friendly which makes it nice but the manager is a very frenzied worker,up and down personality changes, stressed out, rude and condensending. stresses the rest of the crew. the store is very family oriented.the hardest part is the workload, alot of work and being underpaid and not appreciated. i love my crew!
Horrible
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXJanuary 9, 2019
I hated working at Albertsons. I was in the heat all day, and when I asked for help I typically was never helped. The manager was not kind and gave me a weird vibe. I was always getting talked to by older men who tried to lure me into their cars and I would often go outside by myself to get carts at night.
Pros
friends
Cons
everything
Front end manager
Front End Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  UnknownJanuary 9, 2019
There's plenty of work to do the bad thing is that holiday and weekends are required. If you want time off you have to ask for time in advanced. It also depends on Manager at time for how great a store can be ran.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
lots of hoildays
Graveyard Handler/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, CAJanuary 9, 2019
I worked there the boss would treat you bad, I worked there when we went on strike.
and never promoted anyone after. and no pay raise, it was ok for a first time job only
Working at Albertsons
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTJanuary 8, 2019
In the 8 years I have worked at Albertsons I have learned how to cashier, stock produce and tell the difference in produce, I have become a backup book keeper. The environment is fun with wonderful people to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Albertsons. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K
41.4K
31.1K

See reviews about

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss