Albertsons Employee Reviews

Found 4,795 reviews matching the search See all 4,807 reviews
Mundane and repetitive.
o Accounting Clerk IV (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 20, 2019
A typical day at work in the Allowance Billing Department involved mundane antiquated processes. While automation has moved the department forward much work still needs to be done. The role was very repetitive and offered little in useful experience that could be utilized outside of the industry. The most difficult aspect of the job was the accrual process which took two days to properly prepare for. If your ads fell during that last week of the cycle then you would be assured to be be nearly a week behind in your entries for the following cycle. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. The teams were very tenured but underpaid. Management and the culture were generally acceptable but many were very "clickish" and often gave the impression that their employees were a bother when seeking guidance from team leads.
Pros
Good people and campus
Cons
Unbalanced workloads, repetitive, mundane, and unfulfilling.
This place is awful
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 20, 2019
If you value your sanity you really should never work for this company, the only thing that you benefit from working there is the fact that they pay you.
We worked hard but had fun
Senior Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 20, 2019
A typical day would include gathering all the sales and labor numbers from my district stores (15 altogether)
Create sales and labor reports for the District Manager
Next was to balance the books for the day before for my store
balancing each register, the safe and ordering any additional change, stamps that the store would need for the next day
Daily labor for my store was one of the responsibilities that I had as well, this would also include the payroll I would have to submit each week for all employees at my store
Traditional workplace
Own Brands Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 20, 2019
Interesting people and problems to solve. Large area of responsibility, over which to exert influence to deliver results. Many areas to pivot in to, to allow ongoing growth and development.
Pros
Flexibility based on results delivered
Cons
Too easy to work too many hours each week
Not the most terrible company to work for
Associate (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 19, 2019
Title sums it up. There is good and bad about working there as with any company. The good is if you get into a good store you can build really good relationships and its always a plus if you have a fantastic store director. I actually had a GREAT one. Downside is that this company will always protect itself. There is little concern when it comes to the mental and physical care for the associates. Overall this is a good company to learn from and use as a stepping stone to greater within the company or at another.
Fast paced and sometimes slow work enviornment
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORMarch 18, 2019
In a typical day of working here, I would serve customers coffee and snacks. I also would clean and record important data for the stand. I most often would be working alone but would also sometimes be with a coworker.
Pros
Fun and get to test samples of new drinks
Cons
Can be stressful working with customers alone
great work experience.
COURTESY CLERK (Current Employee) –  Snohomish, WAMarch 17, 2019
Albertsons is a great working environment. I just needed a change of job. my coworkers were great and I just wanted to change it up. bathrooms and trashes were my main duties.
Productive and fast paced work
Journeyman meat cutter (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COMarch 17, 2019
A typical day started very early. pull dates, throw incoming meat loads to fill shelves, write and cut production list, grind hamburger, and the rest of the day was a go with the flow kind of day. some better, some worse.
Pros
Self Motovated work area
Cons
The clean up at the end of the day.
Great environment
Courtesy Clerk .COM Shopper (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 17, 2019
I like the professional and prompt atmosphere of Albertson's. I cleaned the bathroom, brought in carts, and did carry out to the customer's car when I was called. I always had plenty of help with my position.When asked about advancement opportunities I was consistently given false hopes or just flat out told no towards the end of my employment. I was told I had to ask for advancements like being promoted to cashier from clerk.
A fairly boring work enviornment, depresing and stressful
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMMarch 17, 2019
At first it wasn't bad but after bout a month maybe less they gave me a transfer I didn't really want. Then the supervisor of my depardepartment was gonna quit so began training me to take over. After he left I was left with all his responsibilities including ordering and managing invitory. I was led on for 2 months that is get a raise plus tittle. It was never givin I asked about it, the manager told me he didn't have to give it to me. So I spoke to the store director he informed me there was no such posision.
Was a fun workplace friendly employees and great costumers.
Service Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 17, 2019
I really liked working at this store. The employees were nice and friendly going out if there way to help customers first before themselves. Was a great environment and wish i never left cause i had to relocate my living issues to another state. Sorry for leaving i would come back anytime. I still shop at Albertsons today .
Mostly fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  IdahoMarch 16, 2019
Have had a lot of fun working here, been at it for a while. Have made some good friends and also met a lot of two faced people. Most of the customers are nice/polite, however we do get the ones that think they are better than you, or the ones who are just grumpy and rude EVERY time, and a few who are just plain nasty(body odor, ect.)
fun fun
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 16, 2019
collect carts, help customers to car with their groceries and clean. management was very good and understanding of disables. they always help the employees.
Grpocery store
Cashier/Night Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAMarch 15, 2019
Albertsons was the typical grocery store environment from bagging groceries to working as a cashier and also working in the meat department. the hours are flexible as well
Pros
good management
Cons
low pay
Great environment
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix,Az.March 14, 2019
Inbound calls, call center, great people, fun, great managers and supervisors, Clean environment, Great employees, full time positions, Casual professional. Easy help, 3 week training and so forth..
Pros
Easy work
Cons
The trafic you go thoughr to get their.
Going downhill
Helper Clerk (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAMarch 14, 2019
This company isn't the best, and doesn't seem like it's getting better. Corporate couldn't care less about their employees and will use loopholes or laziness in management to save a few bucks on paying their workers. They are stingy on spendings to the point stuff breaks down so they hire cheap labor who can't properly fix. On top of that they raise prices constantly for mediocre product. I wouldn't recommend this company for a long term job, unless by a miracle they figure out how to run it.
Pros
Paid vacation, paid sick leave, health care, Union protection
Cons
Poor management, inconsistent hours, abuse of employees, high theft due to low security
passionate
Albertsons (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAMarch 14, 2019
It used to be an honor to work for Albertsons. It will be encouraging to work there again. I learned to adapt to strangers. I would work anytime. I learned to bag and how to treat customers.I learned that we all need to be payed fairly than that was the issue. I had to use my money for Albertsons or other markets to eat. It was great store but still had a bit issues to improve. Eventually, I enjoy working hear because of the customers and I have food now at home sometimes but I can deal with it. I love Albertsons.
Pros
great customers
Cons
low pay, no free lunch
good first job
Head Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAMarch 14, 2019
working as a bagger is a good first job to have. It will make you appreciate having a consistent schedule once you have moved on from this job. It will also make you appreciate the people who do this for a living.
Pros
good first job
Cons
customers
If only I didn't have to take the bus
Courtesy Clerk (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Battle Ground, WAMarch 14, 2019
I had to quit because of my transportation issue of only having city transit which has an unpredictable schedule making me wait for at least 45 minutes to get on. I was also in high school and grades were not so good.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Horrible management
A fun and fast paced place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXMarch 13, 2019
I like the professional and prompt atmosphere of Albertson's. Courteous employees with an eagerness to please make it an excellent place to work. The Managers are really helpful and the contests are fun.
Pros
Breaks and lunches
Cons
Lunch was too short.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Albertsons. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K
41.5K
31.2K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Albertsons.

Powered by Comparably