Albertsons

Albertsons Employee Reviews

United States6,595 reviews

Found 6,595 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,618 reviews

Positive Changes

Since buying Safeway, the company has adopted the philosophy to be open and transparent. Providing more incentive comp to managers, and attempting to add value to the employer brand. I think the HR department still has a way to go in terms of being a true business partner and thinking outside the box to develop a compelling employer brand philosophy that motivates, inspires, and challenges individuals to be the best they can be.

Pros

Innovative in new business initiatives, and training. Senior Management is open to change

Cons

Benefits are poor, no matching 401k, incentive comp is not consistent, and work life balance is poor. Store Directors can be very poor managers

Positive workplace

Positive and respectful work place. Got nice raises working there. Management in my departments was very well and I learned a lot working there. Retail and skillsets.

Albertsons insights

Based on 2,766 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job

Fast paced

It’s a good place for teenagers starting out compared to fast food restaurants work. You can move up in the company easily if you are interested in being micromanaged:

Poor leadership from ceo on down

Very poorly structured once new ceo came on board New softwares riddled with issues No work life balance You are rewarded for good job by getting more tasks dumped on you while slackers skate by

Pros

Pay

Cons

Senior leadership

Productive and amazing people

I'd get to work, however they need to work on how to call managers for sick days. The people were very supportive, but in a sense they were micro managing.

Fast pace but good pay

I worked in produce department at the warehouse in Brea CA and the pay is good at $24 an hour when I was there if you are willing to give up your life outside of work because there really is no end time and since you are starting at about 4-5 pm you might get out at 1am on a good day or you could get out later on a busy day at about 3am and in some instances even later such as holidays. Working nights wasn't really for me so I ended up leaving because I prefer a daytime shift and getting a daytime shift there isn't your choice you either get it or you dont and if you do want a day shift but dont get it you may end up waiting a few years before you can bid on it since everything there is based on senority.

Pros

Good pay overtime

Cons

Night shift No specific end time

Never appreciated for a job well done

This is a retail job. Hard to get weekends off even for special events. VERY low unlivable wages. It’s all about the bottom line, employees are treated like minions and disrespected on a daily basis. The benefits USED to be great and now those are horrible too.

Pros

7 minutes from my home

Cons

Bad job, bad managers, bad environment

While working here, I was forced to do sanitation even though I applied to be a courtesy clerk. Sanitation was exhausting and disgusting. Managers were not helpful and rude. Would not reccommend it.

CO workers make it fun

Stacking shelves was easy and interacting with customers was easy. I learned how to interact with people and work the cash register being that this was my first job.

Definition of just a Fine Job

This Job would be better imo if they fixed all the small issues that don't add up to one big problem. Managers needed to listen to problems at hand instead of just ignoring it until it blew up in their faces. They had me close alone a lot of the time with the expectations of you the soul of meeting all the closing duties by yourself, And if not fully completed you'll be meet with annoyance and disappointment.

Pros

Discounts, Flexible Schedule, Hour Lunch

Cons

By yourself a lot, managers incompetence

Greedy company

Profit at any cost. Does not pay well. Ruthless culture. No profit share. Profits never trickle down. Caters to the stock holders. If you would like low pay and to be treated like another #, this is your company !!!

Pros

Medical insurance if you work over 30 hrs week

Cons

Mostly the culture of being another #. Profit is not invested in employees

Not a good place to work at all

Store is terrible, no hours, hours are never consistent, not flexible on shecudaling at all, moves you to departments you don't even want to go to yet. Management could careless about your or anyone else other than themselves. Talk behind your back when something maijor is going on with you. Nothing positive to say about this company other than don't work for them. Save yourself the time and find a diffrent starter job

Coworkers were fun.

Coworkers made it fun. However, upper management was known to cut hours frequently. It was hard to work in other departments to make up hours. Full time hours is normally for management.

Cons

Hours, flexibility, favoritism

My associates were very nice to work with. We would help one another if we were unfamiliar with certain areas or routes.

I would certainly work for Albertson's again if given the opportunity. I also recommend this company to others looking for employment. As a truck Driver 🚚 there is a comfortable easy feeling working there including management. I'd like to return to driving.

Pros

I enjoyed the barbecues we would have.

Cons

I would have liked company picnics including our families.

Unorganized management

Hello I’m writing this review about the Roanoke distribution warehouse. I set up two interviews with the hiring manager and both times I went I never could get inside the office or warehouse to interview. I tried calling the hiring manager that set up my interview and was ignored for over an hour both times. I wasted my time.

Cons

Stressful and pulled too many directions at once.

The work environment as a pharmacist is stressful because of being pulled in 3 or more directions at once by technicians and customers. The software requires a pharmacist to physically acknowledge a decline for counseling, making it extremely difficult to continue workflow efficiently. Unable to give prescriptions and patients the time and attention needed. Pharmacy manager is great with the staff and keeping the workflow in pace. Very frustrating to be pushed by corporate to administer more and more vaccines and patient services. All for the ability to provide patients with easily accessible care, but I don’t feel the need to be the marketing as well. Company benefits seem ok, but don’t start at time of hire.

Pros

Diverse patient care opportunities, benefits

Cons

High stress, no breaks, constant interruptions, doesn’t feel like corporate actually cares if employees are happy

Productive and fun place to work

I love my job but i.wish I got paid more . My job is hard honest work and I like most of the people I work with. I learn new knew things everyday.

Great people but lack of pay and bodies

Some of the people I met there were some of the nicest and most understanding of the situation we had. There were very few bodies at some of the departments and it would stress out the new people. I didn't mind cooking, but one coworker in particular and some rude customers got me to quit. Just not for me.

It was just ok

Too much work for so little pay Poor management not enough workers. You pretty much work hard and you and they don’t appreciate you. Even when you do something good for the team they still tell you did everything wrong.

Not good

Do not apply if you value your life. It is the worst place to work and it doesn't give you the work life balance they promise. If you ask for a reasonable accommodation expect to be fired.

Nice company to work for, don't expect any holidays off or set schedule.

Good company with benefits. Can be a career, if you work the ladder and are committed to the company. Not much to say about having a work \ life balance, because with a changing weekly schedule, it's all work then sleep then work. Especially if you're full-time. Also expect to work all major holidays and most weekends.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

company always changing expectations, no additional labor to help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Albertsons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.5
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight