Alcoa Employee Reviews

Found 1,149 reviews matching the search See all 1,712 reviews
Good Company to Work for at the Time
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alcoa Center, PAJune 13, 2019
I enjoyed most of my years at Alcoa. I was promoted 4 times in a period of 6 years. They did seem to like to promote from within. I probably would have retired from Alcoa if I had not been laid off.
I learned a lot there
Instrument & Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Point Comfort, TXJune 12, 2019
I wish it was still open. I would still be there. I went in as an Electrical Technician and learned Instrumentation. There is a great safe work culture there and a good family work balance.
Pros
Union
Cons
Harsh enviroment
Basketball, soccer, small track.
Quality tech. II-NDT (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, CAJune 10, 2019
This is a good place to work good benefits dental, vision, sometimes feed you day have company picnics at Disneyland, knotts berry farm, or six flags magic mountain.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
stressful workplace made better by co-workers
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJune 7, 2019
Part an accounting team that was assisting with an acquisition. Management staff changed 3 times. Long hours. Seemed like client was in fear of management.
Great place to work, great benefits, great people, great management
SENIOR FOREMAN (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLJune 7, 2019
Alcoa was a family orientated facility that awarded you for good job, and the atmosphere was great. Alcoa gave me and other management opportunities to go to school, travel for business purposes and always steering you to better yourself.
shipping and recieving
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  New Brighton, MNJune 6, 2019
the job was very good, i learned a lot during my time there. we build creates for parts, packaged parts and received parts safely. we worked as a unit and with team work and the energy and communication was great
Temp to hire
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 3, 2019
After a year of working through Kelly Services, I was hired on full time in the Coil Department. After a couple of years there, I transferred to the Ingot Department. Interesting work. Dirty atmosphere.
productive
Laser Welder and Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTJune 3, 2019
hours were amazing, benefits were great, people are all team players.
the travel distance was perfect for me to get to work on time.
Vacations were always approved to be with family
Typical factory dog and pony show
Production associate (Former Employee) –  Barberton, OHJune 1, 2019
Made lots of money there but they would work you half to death that on your time off all you did was catch up on sleep or was too tired to enjoy family life outside of work. Management were dishonest & had their pets and favorites, nothing new there, Childish cliques were of the norm and if you wasnt in the production floor clique, you was a "moving target" and set up for failure often. I enjoyed given the opportunity to work there, however I did not enjoy the lies told from management and the uncalled for behaviors from out of line co workers who were able to bend the rules with the company "no harassment/no retaliation policy" that was stated in the employee handbook but not adhered to on the shop floor. However It's an ideal place for felons and ex convicts re-entering society with second chance job opportunities but as far as normal people who do not spend most their lives in prison looking for a great company to work for I would not recommend this place.
Pros
I no longer work there
Cons
I used to to work there
Productive workplace with excellent working schedule, however forced working hours in intense heat can be extremely stressful on the mind and body.
Potroom Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, INMay 31, 2019
Working at Alcoa was the experience of a lifetime and I was fortunate to have recieved the opportunity. The work schedule was the best I have ever been a part of, and I never planned to leave. However with the intense heat and forced working hours, my body gave out and would not let me continue.
Pros
Good breaks; Excellent benefits; excellent time off in between work days
Cons
Extreme heat; hard labor; hazardous work environment
bad management
Lithium Process Tech (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INMay 30, 2019
No family life at all. Forced to work and on call 24/7. If you don't answer a text, voice message or your phone you get points on your attendance. No organization at all. Bad equipment.
Pros
pay bennefits
Cons
live there, management is real bad
Good company to intern
Process Improvement Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 29, 2019
Good place to gain experience in the industry. Reasonable hours. Projects were not that exciting, mostly tasks that other engineers did not want to complete.
Work Place
TELLER (Current Employee) –  Benton, ARMay 29, 2019
The environment of the credit union is not really good at all. The work that you do in the credit union can be very heavy depending on what department you are in.
Alcoa Workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, INMay 29, 2019
Alcoa is a all around good place to work. As long as you would get your work done, management would be relaxed. But if you had a weak work ethic, chances are they wouldn't put up with that.
Good place to work for
Electrical/Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILMay 27, 2019
Good place to work for, the plant I used to work for was sold to an European private company. Relocate to Michigan City for a better opportunity. Overall the Company is a good place to work for
Pros
People
Cons
Pockets of miss management
Great responsibility sharing
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 25, 2019
The segregation of activities and responsibilities was great. Great corporation culture
I enjoyed working for Alcoa, I was treated right
The hardest part of the job was when we had to start s job from scratch
Great Benefits, Poor Work/Life Balance
Senior Sales Representative/Aerospace Team (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAMay 22, 2019
The benefits were affordable and great, but if you have small children this is not the place to work. You are expected to work 55-60 hours per week at a 40hr per week salary. It is almost impossible to leave for childrens' appointments and activities. The teammates were not team players and were not good back ups. Management did not care about our personal lives and we were expected to be robots.
N/a
Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, MIMay 16, 2019
I worked at this company 3 years ago and they have since gone large re-structuring. My opinion is no longer valid for this business as most of the upper management that caused issues are no longer present.
Stay busy and very productive.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, INMay 10, 2019
Hard work. Fun to work at . stay busy. Learn alot and how to drive big machinery. Work safe by watching every move and whats around you. Nice supervisor and easy to work with. Coworkers are great to work with.
Management very cut throat and back stabbing
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, INMay 9, 2019
The environment has changed a lot since the smelter shut down and the brought it back up again. Very poor upper level managers that are only looking out for themselves could care less about their workers. It’s all lip service when they say it’s a safety first mentality it’s dollars first.
Pros
Co-workers for the most part feel your pain.
Cons
Poor upper level managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alcoa. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight