Alcon Labs Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
productive
Distribution Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 7, 2018
good company to work for with good benefits
very understanding and many employee benefits
great health benefits
excellent hours
easy commute in dfw..
Long Time Employee
Technician Assembler IV (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 26, 2018
I enjoyed working there very much throughout the years. Everyone was friendly and kind and helpful when needed. My experience there was great but it was time for something new and more rewarding.
Great company
Sr. Allergy & Otolaryngology Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 25, 2018
Great company. Great culture. Great future if you get to join them. Basically it is a great family to get into. I unfortunately was moved over to Novartis and then laid off two weeks later. But I would go back to Alcon in a heartbeat.
Work Experience
Quality Assurance Unit Senior Auditor II (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 21, 2018
The work I performed was very rewarding. I learned so much in the 13 years I worked there enjoyed my managers and coworkers. Offered competitive salary and awesome benefits and retirement options.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
None that I can think of
Review summary
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVJune 21, 2018
Decent place to work. Great health benefits! It's very fast pace work in manufacturing. I've been there six years now and the stress of the job is getting to me.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
stressful
Alcon is a good place to work at if you're a motivational person who likes using your hands
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 21, 2018
I would like to go back there to work on the assembly line and learning about the products that Alcon make and send to different places all over the world
Pros
Nice cafeteria to go eat at and a variety of food to buy
Cons
Great benefits
Good Work
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 19, 2018
The work at the Labs is good, considering the company itself is in a good position. While, yes I am aware of the dangers of certain chemicals, mostly due to the notion of said chemicals being hazardous, I am treated afterwards after chemical preparation.
Productive and friendly work place
Surgical Equipment Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 17, 2018
Clean environment place to work with. Management activities were very professional. a lot of work need to be finished due to parts inventory is kind of missed count and short parts. Customer satisfied our products and our works.
Great depending on management
Sr. Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXJune 15, 2018
Alcon is a great place to work with great benefits. This can range in opinion based on the area you work in and how the management runs in that particular area.
worked under stressful conditions
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2018
In overall I didn't really enjoy working here but I managed to stay for as long as I did because sometimes you have to provide for your family. I finally had to leave.
Alcon was a great company to work for.
Marketing Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 5, 2018
Alcon had loyal and trust worthy people. They believed in their people and went above and beyond to support them. All was gone once the Novartis purchase happened. Then everyone became a sales number and it was like working with people you did not know anymore. Staring in 2009 when they started clearing out the original employees the culture was very negative. The worst part is they were letting people go that had jobs so their jobs were given to existing employees. That affected culture, and health.
Pros
Development, Trust, Caring, and flexibility
Cons
Novartis buy out
Review
I do many jobs (Current Employee) –  sinking spring PAJune 5, 2018
it is a great place to work, I just don't like to be locked in one department for over a year. Also I like how they give you different options on training you are never on one product line for to long.
Pros
good company
Cons
to long of a contract
Alcon was a great place to work
Applications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 5, 2018
I did learn new things on a daily basis. Management was great. The workplace culture was very comfortable, I had wonderful co-workers. The most enjoyable part of this job was learning new technologies
Standard Pharmaceutical environment
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 4, 2018
Laboratory and desk work can be viewed through the lens of how it applies to the current needs and is shifted accordingly. All plans that you prepare should be amenable to what the day brings
Decent job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 4, 2018
Decent job, I was a machine operator on the first shift five am till two pm. Pretty easy job but the pay was only 10.25 and I needed more financial security.
Pros
Cons
Low pay
No Job security
Proccess Lead/ Marketing (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJune 4, 2018
This place could careless how hard of worker you are they will get rid of you just because they feel like it. They also play a huge role in favoritism in the plant and if the process lead doesn't like you just because and for no reason then they fire you. Their communication skills need a good work due to no one knows what is going on half of the time. One day you will have work and the next you will not. The plant manager is not a very nice lady. She is very rude and has no intention on helping anyone further their career.
Pros
health insurance and 401K plan
Cons
Short breaks no time to eat lunch and the leardship is horrible
Better pay
Warehouse Contractor/Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 4, 2018
I’ve worked there for a few years and I must say it’s a decent place to work at but there are a couple of issues. I can say that they do acknowledge those that work hard in meetings and think about who deserves a better position. They give 3 lunch breaks due to working 12 hrs. I just wish for a huge company like Alcon they would pay employees a lot more than what they do. It’s kind of unfair. I love how the days alternate and you have the weekends off. Benefits are good too.
Blade assembly operator (Former Employee) –  Sinking Spring, PAJune 3, 2018
I would definitely apply again the pay is great and the benefits as well as the employees! The management is well set up. The work available and the pay is very decent to make a living.
R&D Quality Engineer (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAMay 30, 2018
Fun place to work, but very lonely, no team interaction, no room for growth, nobody talks to you, everyone is always kind of doing their own thing. Lack of guidance and lack of direction.
Pros
No micromanagement
Cons
Lack of direction, focus, acknowledgement, appreciation
A great company in terms of products; a poor one for those who want to get promoted by working hard and smart.
Executive Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2018
I worked for Alcon for 19.5 years. I loved selling their brands. I loved my job. I worked hard and smart. But my boss of 10 years never supported my advancement because he simply did not like me. I don't know why. I was not difficult. In fact, he could count on me. I have every job review he ever gave me...all positive. All good. Then, suddenly, my final year, something changed. I still received a great review, but clearly, someone did not want me to stay. Many people did not want me to stay. I did nothing to deserve the sudden attitude change except a report I filed that my boss gave a job that I told him I wanted (six months before it opened) to someone from another division. I reported it only because I was asked. My boss never learned this as far as I could tell, but it did not matter. I resigned at the end of 2016, another year of excellent sales performance.
Pros
Excellence in products and recognition and quality of life.
Cons
No checks and balances on my boss. He crushed me behind my back.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alcon Labs. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight