Alcon Employee Reviews

Found 746 reviews matching the search See all 1,030 reviews
Alcon Labs
Global Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 12, 2018
I worked at Alcon for over 38 years and loved it. Alcon is very a customer focused, ethical and quality driven company.
There are many internal opporunities for job variety and advancement. The company promotes a team work / family invoronment atmosphere. There are many opportunities for International experience.
Alcon is number one in ophthalmology worldwide due to it’s quality service and quality products with excellent patient outcomes as the primary foxus.
Pros
Great career opportunities and very rewarding work.
Cons
None I can think of.
Working and learning.
Manufacturing Assembler 1 (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasNovember 11, 2018
Alcon is a good place to work because i have learnt a lot from the company and will put me in front to face a working challenges in future. With good managerial ethics. If i have to leave its because i went to school to work in the oil field.
Pros
Ojt, Frequent Safety training
Cons
Non
Alcon would be a great place to work without the micromanaging.
WELDER (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 10, 2018
When a certain manager is supervising, their is a heightened level of stress for our department. I learn something everyday about the metals that I weld. The most enjoyable part of the job is the hours.
Pros
the work hours.
Cons
the micromanaging!
Great Place
IT/Supply Chain Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 7, 2018
Great place to work. I enjoyed my time at Alcon and I feel as though I learned a lot about myself and my career. The environment was friendly and open to learning.
Cool
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2018
I work here on a week-end night shift position in the warehouse for almost 2 years. The management team is respectful and understanding. I loved working there and I think I had an overall great time at Alcon.
good place to work
PKG Tech (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 28, 2018
Good place to work, Communication was not good however. Management change frequently. They offer good benefits. Overall a good place to work. When I started working there we were totally spoiled, in changed over the years but still a good place to work.
benefits
Cons
worked alot of overtime
Not a bad start, but gotta be willing to be spread thin.
Production Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVOctober 24, 2018
I was in a department that was expected to be administrative as well as innovative in its support with other areas. This department was also understaffed.
Pros
Well compensated, plenty of vacation time.
Cons
Poor training, poor non-direct labor onboarding.
cool
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  material handlerOctober 19, 2018
cool place to work
temp though. they never hire people on full time in the warehouse i was in which is thinkful. no benefits no overtime. if you want 40hrs
Good Company. Bad management
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Irvibe, CAOctober 17, 2018
working hours are flexible, management never lets you to speak up, never gives value to the engineers. hard work doesn't seem to pay off here. Lots to learn though.
Welcoming environment for this temp
Buyer Planner (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAOctober 17, 2018
It was as if one job requirement was to be friendly towards everyone you encounter.
If it wasn't for my long commute, I would look harder to get a full-time position with Alcon.
Pros
Casual atmosphere, shorts on Fridays
Cons
my long commute

Want to know more about Alcon?

Ask a question
Productive and encouraging team
Manufacturing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVOctober 15, 2018
Always open to continuous learning and teaching. Great place to start and friendly work place. Frequent company sponsored events for all ages. Flexible work hours.
Not verry friendly to new hires
Validations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 12, 2018
It is very cutthroat in fw. Clean house to make changes so new people are interrogated and treated badly by current employees. Not many opportunities to move up, but constant reorganization where you might take on multiple roles in a short period of time. Long hours no work -life balance. HR not always available. Weekend work is required.
Pros
Pretty campus, good location
Cons
Old -school thinking, cut throat
Alcon
Employee Engagement Digital Strategist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 11, 2018
I loved working at Alcon. The people I worked with were amazing. Management was lacking, though. Management tended to cause a back up in work, due to not allowing people to own their work fully.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
Management cause back ups
Its Ok.
Machine Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 10, 2018
Work is Easy.
Pay is Good.
The break area was nice.
Floor manager was a guy with too much free time to breathe down your neck and stare at you, yet not help with production.
He was the kind of annoying guy that you don't want to be stuck with for 12 hours, 4 days a week.
Upper management called us low hanging fruit, followed by the highest product production rates since their establishment.
Pros
Lots of days 5 days off in 2 week span
Cons
Management is pretty toxic but not all of them
ALCON.Good job but lots of politics there.
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Sinking Spring, PAOctober 8, 2018
Pay ok.Medical was very good.Manager I had played favorites with workers in my dept. Very cut throat. If they liked you,they would cover up your mistakes.If they didn't like you they looked for reasons to fire you.
Pros
Time off, Medical, Climate controlled working environment.
Cons
Politics
productive workplace with a large campus
Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAOctober 6, 2018
Benefits are not bad. Pay is decent. If you are not a monday through friday employee, the shifts are twelve hours and a rotating schedule, other than that, no complaints.
Poor district managment selection
sales development as well as marketing (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAOctober 5, 2018
The most recent wave of DM's that were hired was in a rush and not successful. The managers that were brought in about three year ago were prepared more as tyrants not capable of managing people. Outside of that the company is fantastic and offers a clear path to success.
Productive very enjoyable place to work.
Temporary Materials Handler (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TxOctober 3, 2018
I loved my job at Alcon in the International distribution center. Great paced, variety of job duties. Just wished I could have been full time Alcon employee.
Pros
Amazing place to work, great culture
Cons
Extremely difficult to get full time
productive and fun place to work
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 1, 2018
This job makes you pick orders that customers order online on their website.Great job, great benefits, easy to get along with co-workers, clean, job is very easy to do, Good management.
Pros
easy work, clean
Cons
n/a
Medical Assembler (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 29, 2018
i appreciate the opportunity of working there The working environment is fast paced which i am used to, but the pay is low compared to every day expenses and workers are not really encouraged by the management
Pros
I cant say
Cons
I cant say

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alcon. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight