Alcon Employee Reviews

Found 767 reviews matching the search See all 1,053 reviews
Very productive and fast paced work place
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Lesage, WVJanuary 12, 2019
Overall not a bad work place if you’re looking for something permenant, you don’t get a lot of free time after work, working 10-12 hour shifts but you get a steady paycheck.
Pros
Steady paychecks
Cons
Not a lot of free time
Good place to gain knowledge and experience
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 10, 2019
• Maintained the daily activities of a quality assurance lab
• Established testing and standard operating procedures for ISO 9001 certification
• Supported the quality, R&D, manufacturing, and field service departments in the implementation of changes to surgical devices
• Investigated complaints of phacoemulsification machines, ultrasonic handpieces, endo-ocular laser probes, and advanced technology footswitches used for eye surgery
• Performed diagnostic and manufacturing tests on pneumatic, electrical, and irrigation control systems to determine the validity of problems reported by customers
Over-the-counter & other production
Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 9, 2019
It is hard to get on full time. You can be commended by co-workers and managers only to just get substitute
extra hours. It is a political environment, no matter what you know are who you are. The exposure to process is good, but at some point - you got to get paid.
$8.00 hr/BS degree $30,000
Pros
Mgt. & Coworkers who work as one.
Cons
Use of temp agency. Pay. Political
Excellent place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVJanuary 8, 2019
Alcon provided excellent benefits with great career advancement opportunities. Growth within the company is available with proper experience and education. Excellent benefits and retirement that are among the best nation wide are provided. If your looking for a career this is a good choice. This is a fast paced environment that is innovative with the latest technologies and manufacturing practices. Alcon provides positive culture that looks to reward its employees for commitment and hard work but the most enjoyable part of what we do is restore sight for people across the world.
Pros
8 hrs days with paid lunches, excellent time off, great benefits
Cons
Avg. Salary
It was a good place to work for a while
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJanuary 7, 2019
It was ok. I loved my job but management made it hard to work there as my age got older new management took over the company and the family style atmosphere was gone. It was not quality it
Pros
Prople
Cons
Managers
Scanner Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2019
Lack of more working low production rate no lunch no frequent breaks . The work is highly competitive frequent sack of employees. In adequate safety meetings,work was done in a very stressful condition. As a result of low working hours, many people were quitting.
Pros
No free lunch
Fun and relaxed place to work
Assembler/Production (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2019
Very clean and organize atmosphere to work. They care about the welfare of their employee and provide good benefits.The schedule is super because you get to choose the schedule that works best for you.
Great compensation, cooperative and proud workforce and excellent work life balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVJanuary 3, 2019
Third company I have worked for in WV as a professional and hands down the best! Company invests in site from capital standpoint, local management provides summer picnics, Christmas party, etc. Worker safety is taken seriously, we have even had snow days due to inclement weather (unheard of)! Site has a Community Partnership Day annually where all employees have the opportunity to work at various charities and community organizations for the day. Co-op program providing college students opportunity to gain work experience and many receive job offers. Alcon is one of WV’s best kept secrets!!!
Pros
Pay, benefits, advancement opportunities, community involvement, diversity
Very good place
Associate Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Tarrant County, TXJanuary 2, 2019
It is a very good place to work. Great benefits and awesome people!
Great place to be employed
Lead (Former Employee) –  Sinking Spring, PAJanuary 2, 2019
A typical day would start at 9pm getting caught up with what has happened today and what is need to be done on our shift. I have taught numerous jobs thru out my employment with Alcon from packing numerous departments through my 30 plus years with them. Management is very open to all the employee wherever they can. The workplace culture is a mix of different individuals which make this place nice to work. The hardest part of my job maybe working third shift too long. I truly enjoyed my time with Alcon and I was upset when it ended my husband died 6/2016 and I was let go 7/2016 I didn't take the time to grieve, should have used FMLA
Pros
great work envirionment good health plan
Cons
working way too long on third shift
stressful during high production
Thermo sealer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2019
at the start of the day suit up and sterilize hands grab build sheet and read diagram to know what order your to place items on the tray. Once order was built place orders on transport cart to be sterilize and sealed then shipped.
Pros
Cons
off days
Good company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 1, 2019
Good company, good culture, good management and opportunity.
There is a transition taking place w/Alcon spinning off from Novartis. The "new" Alcon will be an interesting update, but overall encouraged.
100 % safety , clean place to work.
Operator II (Former Employee) –  Sinking Spring, PADecember 20, 2018
Clean place to work, good benefits, always quality, good insurance, good management communication to the employees, but end of the year we get bonus for our good work.etc.
Pros
Safety job
Cons
No overtime
productive and fun place to work with
Surgical Equipment Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 15, 2018
enjoy to work at Alcon. Alcon management was a very professional and well train all employee to perform the work to to lead the company to success in business.
Productive and friendly workplace environment
Blade Assembly (Former Employee) –  Sinking Spring, PADecember 14, 2018
Though it was a lot to take in at first, once you got used to it, the job became easier and fun. The people were great especially the trainers. It was a fun experience!
great
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GADecember 7, 2018
I loved my job there but we where laid off so I am working from home doing customer service now.alcon is a great job hands down if I was ask to come back I would go back with out a problem
Pros
great company
Work on production lines
Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 28, 2018
Each lines have standard yield. They get gift or prize away when any line get the Standard shift yields.u get free six flag tickets every year.u work with lots of culture people.
Pros
Free gifts
Cons
Break on time
Cares about its employees
Manager/Owner (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 27, 2018
Company is good. Provides flexible hours but few benefits but is selling out and I will no longer have a job there so I am seeking another property management job in Little Rock.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Going out of business
Good Benefits
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVNovember 20, 2018
They have good benefits. The management does not focus on long term solutions. There is a culture of avoiding blame, but receiving credit. There is not enough support to meet objectives.
Benefits
Cons
Work culture and management
Fast paced, high tech environment
Manufacturing Tech (II) (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 19, 2018
Learned alot in my role as a manufacturing technician. Definitely requires the ability to think and problem solve, but thier a really knowledgeable associates to ask questions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alcon. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight