Alder
49Low

Alder Employee Reviews

Inteesrting place to work. Family oriented. Friendly employees. quick hiring process. Work life balance. Benefits. Plenty of time off. No weekends. No holidays
Pros
Hours
Cons
Door - door
Good place to work and develop your salesmanship skills. Although this job is long hours going door to door, Alder has a great workplace environment with succesful experienced people that are willing to support you.
Pros
Great work environment, oppurtunity for growth
Cons
Full days, 6 days a week, door to door
They don't pay you the money they promise. Expect about half of what they promise. If it's not in your weekly paycheck, they won't pay you. They subtract anything they possibly can from your paycheck. They sell to mostly people who can't afford the alarm systems. Alder is a scam for the people who work for them and for the people who buy the alarm systems.
They sell you dreams here. They promise you the world to sign on with them but they never follow through with their word. Alder is a good place to learn how to sell alarms but not a good place to make money.
Pros
Cool sales reps
Cons
Have to hunt down people to get paid what you’re owed.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Door to door sales and it great and fun experience to help build discipline and life skills to pursue into the future. It takes a lot of mentally focus but the outcome could be beneficial and give you a life you want.
Pros
Money making
Cons
Mentally straining
I worked in the Tech Support department. My manager and co-workers were all amazing! It can very fast paced and stressful at times as you are constantly balancing on call and off call work.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Can be very stressful
The work day is long and hard, 6 days a week during the summer season. But the compensation makes it well work it. Management is not very involved with their technicians, so it can be hard to get responses from them unless they have gotten to know you personally.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Management is not so good
Supervisors did one on ones to improve or help move up. They offered openings in different departs if you wanted a change of pace. They disclosed any information about the company or events. Very friendly environment.
Pros
environment
Benefits
You have no life and have to travel dangerously throughout one day Have to travel over 100 miles one way and still have to come home. Occasionally you will get a put in a room but some people have families
The interview process was really unprofessional, the training was even worse: very incomplete and all over the place. Then they throw you into the call floor expecting you to know everything without giving you the right tools to do your job. If you want to get yelled at by angry customers for 8 hours a day, this is the perfect job for you. Most of customer are right but you can’t help them because of company exaggerated protocols
This company could not care less about you from a sales standpoint. My first day on the job I was taken out to location and shadowed one of the seasoned reps on the door for one day, one singular day and that was it. The next day I was told I was on my own and they threw me out there by myself with one day of shadowing at the door. They also make sure to go to the poorest areas and suck whatever little money these people have left dry. Terrible company with awful morals.
There are a lot of things at this company needs to fix when it comes to their teams that they send out their is really good people that help you bit also horrible people their to bring you down
Pros
Upper management is great, we are helping people take care of their homes and families, their welcoming at the start.
Cons
middle management is horrible, almost all the employees are teens and vary immature, big lack of training, their is a big gap in communication with middle management and upper management.
Fun place to work as long as you work hard you control your paycheck. A lot of sales driven culture. They help with day to day life in general and do care about your well being
Inside sales is a sinking ship. No clear vision as to where they want to go. Leads are mediocre at best and the product and service were below par. Compensation was a joke, you could sell security at any other company and be compensated much more. Wouldn't recommend this opportunity to anyone
They were a good team of people and I learned a lot. However, they were not clear about the way their compensation program worked and I ended up not making nearly as much money as they said I would. In all I would say they are great salesman and to beware.
A typical day at work entails dealing with high levels of employee frustration due to the fact that they feel unable to take care of frustrated customers. In my opinion, there was a break down in expectations, priorities, beliefs and understanding from Sales to Customer Service to Servicing Operations. Much confusion abounds and it seems easy for employees to feel helpless due to inability and lack of empowerment to help customers become happy. I learned a lot of what not-to-do at this job. I learned that aligning around egos, power-plays and tyrannical attitudes is definitely a lot more difficult than aligning around goals and togetherness, unity. In my opinion, Management can be extremely frustrating to work with. They tend to empower bullies who can make the workplace unbearable. I felt like I had zero support from my manager because another bully type manager in a different department had unfettered access to all departments and seemed to institute whatever changes that person deemed necessary, even if it had an extremely negative and detrimental effect on other departments. I would say that the culture is the hardest part of the job and for that, I can't give an honest reason of why anyone should give this company a shot. I was treated so badly that I can't give a positive review.
This company needs A LOT of help. They could care less about their employees as long as they get theirs. Your pay WILL get screwed up GUARANTEED. Why? Because they hire random people as accountants that have zero experience or education in accounting. If you go to management about an issue they’ll just say you’re probably wrong. ZERO benefits, but they always will say “we’re working on it”. You don’t need this stress in your life, don’t work here.
They don’t have real accountants or real HR staff. If you need either department you get screwed. They promise things and then don’t follow through (including pay incentives). Most of the leadership includes sales reps that don’t understand how to run a business. Very toxic culture. If you’re a cool person you’ll probably make friends anywhere you go, even Alder. That being said, you’re better off elsewhere.
It’s an experience that I never imagined I love it but co works will get on your nerves you just have to get past it and realizes sales makes millions my boss made 22,500 every Friday .
My time at Alder started really great but after a while I wanted to advance and I was made promises that never happened. As far as promotions they don't want to help you move up in the company. The one thing that made the job do-able was the workers. My teammates were some of my favorites.
Pros
Lunches, Ping pong.
Cons
No advancing, bad management, bad policies.
Being able to work at alder was very relaxed and complicated at the same time! The place was way to far out but the work environment was great. I wouldn’t recommend the job if you don’t have reliable transportation.
  1. Employee Reviews