Alder

Alder Employee Reviews

United States56 reviews
I worked in the Tech Support department. My manager and co-workers were all amazing! It can very fast paced and stressful at times as you are constantly balancing on call and off call work.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Can be very stressful
The work day is long and hard, 6 days a week during the summer season. But the compensation makes it well work it. Management is not very involved with their technicians, so it can be hard to get responses from them unless they have gotten to know you personally.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Management is not so good
Supervisors did one on ones to improve or help move up. They offered openings in different departs if you wanted a change of pace. They disclosed any information about the company or events. Very friendly environment.
Pros
environment
Benefits
You have no life and have to travel dangerously throughout one day
Have to travel over 100 miles one way and still have to come home. Occasionally you will get a put in a room but some people have families
The interview process was really unprofessional, the training was even worse: very incomplete and all over the place. Then they throw you into the call floor expecting you to know everything without giving you the right tools to do your job. If you want to get yelled at by angry customers for 8 hours a day, this is the perfect job for you. Most of customer are right but you can’t help them because of company exaggerated protocols
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
This company could not care less about you from a sales standpoint. My first day on the job I was taken out to location and shadowed one of the seasoned reps on the door for one day, one singular day and that was it. The next day I was told I was on my own and they threw me out there by myself with one day of shadowing at the door. They also make sure to go to the poorest areas and suck whatever little money these people have left dry. Terrible company with awful morals.
There are a lot of things at this company needs to fix when it comes to their teams that they send out their is really good people that help you bit also horrible people their to bring you down
Pros
Upper management is great, we are helping people take care of their homes and families, their welcoming at the start.
Cons
middle management is horrible, almost all the employees are teens and vary immature, big lack of training, their is a big gap in communication with middle management and upper management.
Fun place to work as long as you work hard you control your paycheck. A lot of sales driven culture. They help with day to day life in general and do care about your well being
Inside sales is a sinking ship. No clear vision as to where they want to go. Leads are mediocre at best and the product and service were below par. Compensation was a joke, you could sell security at any other company and be compensated much more. Wouldn't recommend this opportunity to anyone
They were a good team of people and I learned a lot. However, they were not clear about the way their compensation program worked and I ended up not making nearly as much money as they said I would. In all I would say they are great salesman and to beware.
A typical day at work entails dealing with high levels of employee frustration due to the fact that they feel unable to take care of frustrated customers. In my opinion, there was a break down in expectations, priorities, beliefs and understanding from Sales to Customer Service to Servicing Operations. Much confusion abounds and it seems easy for employees to feel helpless due to inability and lack of empowerment to help customers become happy.

I learned a lot of what not-to-do at this job. I learned that aligning around egos, power-plays and tyrannical attitudes is definitely a lot more difficult than aligning around goals and togetherness, unity.

In my opinion, Management can be extremely frustrating to work with. They tend to empower bullies who can make the workplace unbearable. I felt like I had zero support from my manager because another bully type manager in a different department had unfettered access to all departments and seemed to institute whatever changes that person deemed necessary, even if it had an extremely negative and detrimental effect on other departments.

I would say that the culture is the hardest part of the job and for that, I can't give an honest reason of why anyone should give this company a shot. I was treated so badly that I can't give a positive review.
This company needs A LOT of help. They could care less about their employees as long as they get theirs. Your pay WILL get screwed up GUARANTEED. Why? Because they hire random people as accountants that have zero experience or education in accounting. If you go to management about an issue they’ll just say you’re probably wrong. ZERO benefits, but they always will say “we’re working on it”. You don’t need this stress in your life, don’t work here.
They don’t have real accountants or real HR staff. If you need either department you get screwed. They promise things and then don’t follow through (including pay incentives). Most of the leadership includes sales reps that don’t understand how to run a business. Very toxic culture. If you’re a cool person you’ll probably make friends anywhere you go, even Alder. That being said, you’re better off elsewhere.
It’s an experience that I never imagined I love it but co works will get on your nerves you just have to get past it and realizes sales makes millions my boss made 22,500 every Friday .
My time at Alder started really great but after a while I wanted to advance and I was made promises that never happened. As far as promotions they don't want to help you move up in the company. The one thing that made the job do-able was the workers. My teammates were some of my favorites.
Pros
Lunches, Ping pong.
Cons
No advancing, bad management, bad policies.
Being able to work at alder was very relaxed and complicated at the same time! The place was way to far out but the work environment was great. I wouldn’t recommend the job if you don’t have reliable transportation.
The initial recruiting process was not as forthright as one may desire. It's not just all success. It's hard work but the pay off is huge if one can persist and
Alder is a place of bells and ringing, a place where no one wants to be. Micro managed call center. Everything is watched, recorded. You may start work a happy person but by the time it chews you up you be distressed. Fraudulent sales trading leads to constant trapped customers trying to cancel. People who belong here enjoy bondage, this place feels like a prison. If you can don't enter that place, dont buy there alarms. This is the land of the free and this place leaves it's customers and employees in bondage.
Pros
Fridays
Cons
Bomdage
This place is a complete scam. My friend and I worked there for a few weeks and I can say it was literally to good to be true. The manager lied about the job from start to finish. Did not pay any of the guys that started in my group on time. Was placed in very uncomfortable neighborhoods which they never tell you about, someone was literally shoot while out on job next street over. A bunch of smokey mirrors and horrible management. My friends and I left before we got in to deep.
Pros
Cons
All of the above
When we were originally approached by Alder, they were very accommodating and said all the right things to get us to come out. My wife and I packed up and drove across the country because we believed we were working for honest, good people. But the nightmare started as soon as we got there. We were not getting paid for the sales we were making. They promised to pay weekly on sales that were made the previous week. We went a month without being paid even though I was Making at least 4 sales a week.

WE WERE NEVER PAID FOR HALF MY SALES!!

This company also picks favorites. Do yourself a favor and never work for them.
Pros
None!
Cons
Picks favorites, doesn’t pay on sales, never follows through on promises
Alder is a very fast paced environment. As a newer company, Alder is constantly changing. What got me to really enjoy my time at Alder were the people I worked with.
Pros
Free Lunch Every Friday
Cons
Constant changes to rules and guidelines
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alder. Our community is ready to answer.