Alder Employee Reviews

Working at Alder was very relaxed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 10, 2019
Being able to work at alder was very relaxed and complicated at the same time! The place was way to far out but the work environment was great. I wouldn’t recommend the job if you don’t have reliable transportation.
Go getter sales associates will do great with a bit of luck
Security Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTJuly 7, 2019
The initial recruiting process was not as forthright as one may desire. It's not just all success. It's hard work but the pay off is huge if one can persist and
Bad place to be
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 21, 2019
Alder is a place of bells and ringing, a place where no one wants to be. Micro managed call center. Everything is watched, recorded. You may start work a happy person but by the time it chews you up you be distressed. Fraudulent sales trading leads to constant trapped customers trying to cancel. People who belong here enjoy bondage, this place feels like a prison. If you can don't enter that place, dont buy there alarms. This is the land of the free and this place leaves it's customers and employees in bondage.
Pros
Fridays
Cons
Bomdage
!!!Worst place to work!!! WARNING TO ALL!!!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 12, 2019
This place is a complete scam. My friend and I worked there for a few weeks and I can say it was literally to good to be true. The manager lied about the job from start to finish. Did not pay any of the guys that started in my group on time. Was placed in very uncomfortable neighborhoods which they never tell you about, someone was literally shoot while out on job next street over. A bunch of smokey mirrors and horrible management. My friends and I left before we got in to deep.
Pros
Cons
All of the above
Do not work for this horrible company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 12, 2019
When we were originally approached by Alder, they were very accommodating and said all the right things to get us to come out. My wife and I packed up and drove across the country because we believed we were working for honest, good people. But the nightmare started as soon as we got there. We were not getting paid for the sales we were making. They promised to pay weekly on sales that were made the previous week. We went a month without being paid even though I was Making at least 4 sales a week.

WE WERE NEVER PAID FOR HALF MY SALES!!

This company also picks favorites. Do yourself a favor and never work for them.
Pros
None!
Cons
Picks favorites, doesn’t pay on sales, never follows through on promises
Great Work Family
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTFebruary 21, 2019
Alder is a very fast paced environment. As a newer company, Alder is constantly changing. What got me to really enjoy my time at Alder were the people I worked with.
Pros
Free Lunch Every Friday
Cons
Constant changes to rules and guidelines
nice paying job
Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTFebruary 4, 2019
I really liked this job when i first started, and i got very good paychecks every week and having my husband working with me there was a plus. i was able to pay rent and bills and have money left over.
Pros
free lunch every friday
Cons
no breaks for scheduling specialists
We are highly motivated sales people.. there are always sells completions for vacation or other awesome incentives. Our culture is team oriented
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 25, 2019
I’ve always been a entrepreneur in high school I started a mobile detailing company which grew rapidly. I owed 4 trailers and trucks w 14 guys I trained and managed also took care of all the business behind the scenes.. such as pay.. hiring.. buying product and equipment. Etc. I have always done sales and have always been extremely successful in the sales world. In the alarm industry I did all of the licensing and permits for our team to go sell in whatever city. I also have trained hundreds of new sales people who have used what I taught them and been highly successful.
Pros
Great money and great relationships
Cons
Having to move all over the country to work
Fun work environment
COLLECTIONS AGENT (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 22, 2019
The culture of the job was really great. People were great to work with. Management was great. Definitely recommend to people who are looking to grown with a company.
Pros
Free lunch fridays. Great bosses
Cons
Short breaks
Did not follow through with commitments
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 2, 2019
They were a little shady when it came to pay. Not Happy with how they tried to fix it. They didn't make me feel like I was valuable to the company at all. They just use a representative and then let them go. do not keep employees very long because they cant keep them happy.
Good work place
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Thomson GeorgiaOctober 29, 2018
Overall it’s a good place too work. 6 days out the week one day off. Get 40 hours a week witch is great. Feel like I could be working somewhere getting paid much more and enjoy what I’m doing.
Pros
Get enough hours/ paid every week
Cons
Short breaks
Only way to advance was to get on the good side of someone important
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 20, 2018
Friendly people, free lunch on fridays, free swag on occasion.

Pay seems too low for the work load they are asking. If your paycheck gets messed up they'll never fix it. Training is poor. Any chance for advancement comes from being friends with the people in charge. The only people valued at alder are sales guys.
Terrible place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orem UtahSeptember 8, 2018
I’ve worked at other call centers before and non of them are perfect, however Alder is by far the worst. The turnover rate is so high that we were pulled out of training early to get more agents on the phone. There is no support from the supervisors. The supervisors have no management training and are all punk kids. I constantly overheard the supervisors and employees talking about how much they hated their jobs, and even though it was a very small call center I watched people quit each day. By far the worst company I have worked for.
Pros
Pizza on friday
Cons
Management, job environment, low pay
Good company and will teach you a lot about communication, although very demanding hours.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 29, 2018
The company is growing and a very good career path for a lot of people, they will teach you how to communicate with people better then most organizations. Although they have a very demanding schedule.
Pros
Good money, good skills to learn
Cons
Demanding hits and work schedules
Working at Alder
Media Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 29, 2018
Great place to work in and get your career going. There is always a lot going on in an environment like Alder's that requires all hands on deck. That means we all get to learn a lot as well.
Not a good place to work if you aren't a sales rep.
employee (Former Employee) –  oremMarch 9, 2018
This company doesn't believe it supporting the staff. Anything the staff needs to boost morale, create incentive and and generally do their jobs is not given. Managers who fight for the employees get fired with no notice. The bottom line is the only thing executive managers care about.
Pros
Cons
very oppressive, disrespectful office
Would not recommend unless you need sales exp
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 14, 2018
Typical day starts around 10-11. Meetings are uneventful and range from 2 min to 45 min. Most of the "meetings" are just pep talks and nothing is actually said. Money is great if you consistently sell. Management is casual, but not in a good way. Everyone talks like a frat boy. They also promise a lot of things at start to get you to work for them. Make sure you get everything in writing I did not and they didn't give me even a quarter of what they promised.
Pros
Relaxed with time off if meet sales goals. Contractor so tax write offs
Cons
required "meeting" pep talks, No benefits, Unproffessional( Too lax )
Growing pains but the good kind
CMo (Current Employee) –  Third floorFebruary 12, 2018
I love my job with Alder. Is it without some frustrations? No. Alder is a young and rapidly growing company that with growth comes some growing pains. But the best part of Alder is the fact that there is a huge opportunity.

Grow with a company where you can influence things for the better.
Pros
Oportunity for growth. Challenging. Fun with great people.
Cons
Rapid Growth, large expectations
Everyday at Alder
TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 17, 2018
A typical day at Alder went like this, you would take an average of 50-60 customer service calls. If there were no calls or very little availability time, you would work on packaging packets for the sales men. You were constantly doing something so there was not time to slack off. You could talk to your co workers but only if there was nothing else to do. They provided food and gave the workers apparel when certain goals or competitions were completed. In all honesty, I loved working there because you were busy and the environment was really enjoyable. The most difficult aspect of the job, was the repetitiveness everyday. I would recommend someone to work there but not for the wage that they offer.
Pros
Free Friday lunches.
Cons
No beneifts, low wages.
Alder Security
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 7, 2017
This was not the best position that I have held mainly because of the work environment. I enjoyed most of the people, but the environment was very stressful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alder. Our community is ready to answer.