Alder logo
Alder

Alder Employee Reviews

No job security

Pay would often get messed up, always under paid based on your sales. If you don’t stay on top of the complicated commission structure, you will be shorted money almost every check.

Pros

Office is amazing

Cons

Not stable, paycheck problems

Working here has been taxing on my mental and physical health.

I started about 6 months ago and I already hate most of the upper leave managers. My supervisor is great and tries to be understanding but the others are not. My department works with new customers from partner sales, we had to start working weekends, with no extra pay. When we refused, they told us "Great, then go find another job" again my coworkers and supervisor has been wonderful but the people above them are the ones making me want to quit. Not worth it if you want a stable work environment.

Pros

Free lunch on Fridays, incentives to reach goals are fine if you like golfing.

Cons

No benefits, strict schedules, I worked all holidays except Christmas day and Thanksgiving.

Job security

Threatened my job 4 days after I started for not producing enough while not training me. Pay structure is a complete lie. They sell you the world and expect you to perform on day one. While not giving an ounce of training on the system

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Massively lacking in training

Nice location turns to bribe

Alder is deceiving. They make the training seem easy. They don’t tell you That when you talk with people you have to tell the estate that they owe thousands of dollars just to cancel. The equipment is terrible! Everyone lies to make a sale so then sticking the customer relations with all the stressful nasty work. A customer can’t cancel until the exact anniversary of when they signed up 5 years ago. Yup you read that right, 5 years. If they want to cancel early they can but that’s where the thousands of dollars come in. If you have any morals run the opposite direction! They are not worried about COVID. No sanitization equipment and NO MASKS!

Pros

Free lunch on fridays, 1 free snack a day, spacious lunch room.

Cons

Constant stress physically and mentally, Moral dilemmas and legal issues, Life being threatened by lawyers with no ability to inform superiors, No legal parking.

Have to work without knowing how

They want you to work without any proper training, they want you to go out and “prove yourself” by being able to run the credits and such before they show you how to properly do your job, I was often left stranded due to my manager putting his work before his employees, I really think this company has some work they need to do before they start outsourcing to find employees such as me

Pros

Ability to make a lot of money with some luck

Cons

Ignored if they don’t hear what they want, bad manger, horrible training

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Do not work for Alder

Alder does not care at all about the healthy of their employees. During covid they did not let people work from home. Also, there were a lot people there who got covid. Most of them never used a mask or believe covid was real. They will promise your increase your salary but it never happens. They have a toxic culture.

Pros

Free Pizza on Friends

Cons

Everything else

Typical alarm sales

Installed alarms systems that were sold with high pressure tactics. It wasn’t bad installing but. Most often it was for people who really didn’t want or couldn’t really afford the system. They were 5 year contracts. They wanted you to get in and out as fast as possible I order to reduce “buyers remorse”. Sales reps rarely actually knew the finer details of the system. You found out that reps sold customers promises that the system couldn’t deliver. Pay was okay. Typical day you sat in your car an waited for a sale. Could start about 10-11 am restocking then driving to the ales area sometimes over 100 miles away. Last install could start at 9 pm. Sometimes systems were sold with the promise to install equipment that was on back order that would require return service calls. There was no milage paid for wear and tear on your own personal vehicle. Bas pay for first year tech was about $50 per install a with incentives that could be worth another $30-$40. Had to work when I was sick. It’s “ independent contractor “ work, Supposedly. well it’s paid that way no benefits. Seasonal summer sales. No proper vetting of sales reps . Only really cared about the sales numbers

Pros

Pay was ok

Cons

See above

great

Inteesrting place to work. Family oriented. Friendly employees. quick hiring process. Work life balance. Benefits. Plenty of time off. No weekends. No holidays

Pros

Hours

Cons

Door - door

Good place to work and develop your salesmanship skills. Although this job is long hours going door to door, Alder has a great workplace environment with succesful experienced people that are willing to support you.

Pros

Great work environment, oppurtunity for growth

Cons

Full days, 6 days a week, door to door

Dishonest company

They don't pay you the money they promise. Expect about half of what they promise. If it's not in your weekly paycheck, they won't pay you. They subtract anything they possibly can from your paycheck. They sell to mostly people who can't afford the alarm systems. Alder is a scam for the people who work for them and for the people who buy the alarm systems.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Alder?

Horrible management

They sell you dreams here. They promise you the world to sign on with them but they never follow through with their word. Alder is a good place to learn how to sell alarms but not a good place to make money.

Pros

Cool sales reps

Cons

Have to hunt down people to get paid what you’re owed.

Fun experience

Door to door sales and it great and fun experience to help build discipline and life skills to pursue into the future. It takes a lot of mentally focus but the outcome could be beneficial and give you a life you want.

Pros

Money making

Cons

Mentally straining

Overall a decent place to work

I worked in the Tech Support department. My manager and co-workers were all amazing! It can very fast paced and stressful at times as you are constantly balancing on call and off call work.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Can be very stressful

Great pay

The work day is long and hard, 6 days a week during the summer season. But the compensation makes it well work it. Management is not very involved with their technicians, so it can be hard to get responses from them unless they have gotten to know you personally.

Pros

Pay is good

Cons

Management is not so good

Fun environment

Supervisors did one on ones to improve or help move up. They offered openings in different departs if you wanted a change of pace. They disclosed any information about the company or events. Very friendly environment.

Pros

environment

Benefits

Alle sinvolle

Man kan von ihm viel lernen Arbeit system technik kultur

Pros

Man lernen brufliech

Cons

Wenig arbeit

Ok

You have no life and have to travel dangerously throughout one day Have to travel over 100 miles one way and still have to come home. Occasionally you will get a put in a room but some people have families

Frustrating job

The interview process was really unprofessional, the training was even worse: very incomplete and all over the place. Then they throw you into the call floor expecting you to know everything without giving you the right tools to do your job. If you want to get yelled at by angry customers for 8 hours a day, this is the perfect job for you. Most of customer are right but you can’t help them because of company exaggerated protocols

Awful

This company could not care less about you from a sales standpoint. My first day on the job I was taken out to location and shadowed one of the seasoned reps on the door for one day, one singular day and that was it. The next day I was told I was on my own and they threw me out there by myself with one day of shadowing at the door. They also make sure to go to the poorest areas and suck whatever little money these people have left dry. Terrible company with awful morals.

It was a mix of okay bad and horrible

There are a lot of things at this company needs to fix when it comes to their teams that they send out their is really good people that help you bit also horrible people their to bring you down

Pros

Upper management is great, we are helping people take care of their homes and families, their welcoming at the start.

Cons

middle management is horrible, almost all the employees are teens and vary immature, big lack of training, their is a big gap in communication with middle management and upper management.

Great company

Fun place to work as long as you work hard you control your paycheck. A lot of sales driven culture. They help with day to day life in general and do care about your well being
  • Alder
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?