Alder

Alder Employee Reviews in Columbia, SC

This was not the best position that I have held mainly because of the work environment. I enjoyed most of the people, but the environment was very stressful.
Installed alarms systems that were sold with high pressure tactics. It wasn’t bad installing but. Most often it was for people who really didn’t want or couldn’t really afford the system. They were 5 year contracts. They wanted you to get in and out as fast as possible I order to reduce “buyers remorse”. Sales reps rarely actually knew the finer details of the system. You found out that reps sold customers promises that the system couldn’t deliver. Pay was okay. Typical day you sat in your car an waited for a sale. Could start about 10-11 am restocking then driving to the ales area sometimes over 100 miles away. Last install could start at 9 pm. Sometimes systems were sold with the promise to install equipment that was on back order that would require return service calls. There was no milage paid for wear and tear on your own personal vehicle. Bas pay for first year tech was about $50 per install a with incentives that could be worth another $30-$40. Had to work when I was sick. It’s “ independent contractor “ work, Supposedly. well it’s paid that way no benefits. Seasonal summer sales. No proper vetting of sales reps . Only really cared about the sales numbers
Pros
Pay was ok
Cons
See above
When we were originally approached by Alder, they were very accommodating and said all the right things to get us to come out. My wife and I packed up and drove across the country because we believed we were working for honest, good people. But the nightmare started as soon as we got there. We were not getting paid for the sales we were making. They promised to pay weekly on sales that were made the previous week. We went a month without being paid even though I was Making at least 4 sales a week. WE WERE NEVER PAID FOR HALF MY SALES!! This company also picks favorites. Do yourself a favor and never work for them.
Pros
None!
Cons
Picks favorites, doesn’t pay on sales, never follows through on promises
honestly don't waste your time here. They have no thought of personal time and will send you everywhere in the state and care not when you get home. You will have to call in for numerous issues and have to wait on hold for up to but not limited to 1 hour, for something that only takes 5 mins to take care of. Others had been there longer and thought it would change for them over time... nope different day same treatment same pay. I left the company with 4 other technicians because management basically swept our complaints about being paid per job after they took us off of hourly. Join at your own risk.
Pros
company car
Cons
Everything else
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.