Alder

Alder Employee Reviews in Orem, UT

I worked in the Tech Support department. My manager and co-workers were all amazing! It can very fast paced and stressful at times as you are constantly balancing on call and off call work.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Can be very stressful
I started about 6 months ago and I already hate most of the upper leave managers. My supervisor is great and tries to be understanding but the others are not. My department works with new customers from partner sales, we had to start working weekends, with no extra pay. When we refused, they told us "Great, then go find another job" again my coworkers and supervisor has been wonderful but the people above them are the ones making me want to quit. Not worth it if you want a stable work environment.
Pros
Free lunch on Fridays, incentives to reach goals are fine if you like golfing.
Cons
No benefits, strict schedules, I worked all holidays except Christmas day and Thanksgiving.
Alder is deceiving. They make the training seem easy. They don’t tell you That when you talk with people you have to tell the estate that they owe thousands of dollars just to cancel. The equipment is terrible! Everyone lies to make a sale so then sticking the customer relations with all the stressful nasty work. A customer can’t cancel until the exact anniversary of when they signed up 5 years ago. Yup you read that right, 5 years. If they want to cancel early they can but that’s where the thousands of dollars come in. If you have any morals run the opposite direction! They are not worried about COVID. No sanitization equipment and NO MASKS!
Pros
Free lunch on fridays, 1 free snack a day, spacious lunch room.
Cons
Constant stress physically and mentally, Moral dilemmas and legal issues, Life being threatened by lawyers with no ability to inform superiors, No legal parking.
Alder does not care at all about the healthy of their employees. During covid they did not let people work from home. Also, there were a lot people there who got covid. Most of them never used a mask or believe covid was real. They will promise your increase your salary but it never happens. They have a toxic culture.
Pros
Free Pizza on Friends
Cons
Everything else
They don't pay you the money they promise. Expect about half of what they promise. If it's not in your weekly paycheck, they won't pay you. They subtract anything they possibly can from your paycheck. They sell to mostly people who can't afford the alarm systems. Alder is a scam for the people who work for them and for the people who buy the alarm systems.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Door to door sales and it great and fun experience to help build discipline and life skills to pursue into the future. It takes a lot of mentally focus but the outcome could be beneficial and give you a life you want.
Pros
Money making
Cons
Mentally straining
The work day is long and hard, 6 days a week during the summer season. But the compensation makes it well work it. Management is not very involved with their technicians, so it can be hard to get responses from them unless they have gotten to know you personally.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Management is not so good
Supervisors did one on ones to improve or help move up. They offered openings in different departs if you wanted a change of pace. They disclosed any information about the company or events. Very friendly environment.
Pros
environment
Benefits
The interview process was really unprofessional, the training was even worse: very incomplete and all over the place. Then they throw you into the call floor expecting you to know everything without giving you the right tools to do your job. If you want to get yelled at by angry customers for 8 hours a day, this is the perfect job for you. Most of customer are right but you can’t help them because of company exaggerated protocols
There are a lot of things at this company needs to fix when it comes to their teams that they send out their is really good people that help you bit also horrible people their to bring you down
Pros
Upper management is great, we are helping people take care of their homes and families, their welcoming at the start.
Cons
middle management is horrible, almost all the employees are teens and vary immature, big lack of training, their is a big gap in communication with middle management and upper management.
Inside sales is a sinking ship. No clear vision as to where they want to go. Leads are mediocre at best and the product and service were below par. Compensation was a joke, you could sell security at any other company and be compensated much more. Wouldn't recommend this opportunity to anyone
A typical day at work entails dealing with high levels of employee frustration due to the fact that they feel unable to take care of frustrated customers. In my opinion, there was a break down in expectations, priorities, beliefs and understanding from Sales to Customer Service to Servicing Operations. Much confusion abounds and it seems easy for employees to feel helpless due to inability and lack of empowerment to help customers become happy. I learned a lot of what not-to-do at this job. I learned that aligning around egos, power-plays and tyrannical attitudes is definitely a lot more difficult than aligning around goals and togetherness, unity. In my opinion, Management can be extremely frustrating to work with. They tend to empower bullies who can make the workplace unbearable. I felt like I had zero support from my manager because another bully type manager in a different department had unfettered access to all departments and seemed to institute whatever changes that person deemed necessary, even if it had an extremely negative and detrimental effect on other departments. I would say that the culture is the hardest part of the job and for that, I can't give an honest reason of why anyone should give this company a shot. I was treated so badly that I can't give a positive review.
This company needs A LOT of help. They could care less about their employees as long as they get theirs. Your pay WILL get screwed up GUARANTEED. Why? Because they hire random people as accountants that have zero experience or education in accounting. If you go to management about an issue they’ll just say you’re probably wrong. ZERO benefits, but they always will say “we’re working on it”. You don’t need this stress in your life, don’t work here.
They don’t have real accountants or real HR staff. If you need either department you get screwed. They promise things and then don’t follow through (including pay incentives). Most of the leadership includes sales reps that don’t understand how to run a business. Very toxic culture. If you’re a cool person you’ll probably make friends anywhere you go, even Alder. That being said, you’re better off elsewhere.
My time at Alder started really great but after a while I wanted to advance and I was made promises that never happened. As far as promotions they don't want to help you move up in the company. The one thing that made the job do-able was the workers. My teammates were some of my favorites.
Pros
Lunches, Ping pong.
Cons
No advancing, bad management, bad policies.
Alder is a place of bells and ringing, a place where no one wants to be. Micro managed call center. Everything is watched, recorded. You may start work a happy person but by the time it chews you up you be distressed. Fraudulent sales trading leads to constant trapped customers trying to cancel. People who belong here enjoy bondage, this place feels like a prison. If you can don't enter that place, dont buy there alarms. This is the land of the free and this place leaves it's customers and employees in bondage.
Pros
Fridays
Cons
Bomdage
Alder is a very fast paced environment. As a newer company, Alder is constantly changing. What got me to really enjoy my time at Alder were the people I worked with.
Pros
Free Lunch Every Friday
Cons
Constant changes to rules and guidelines
I really liked this job when i first started, and i got very good paychecks every week and having my husband working with me there was a plus. i was able to pay rent and bills and have money left over.
Pros
free lunch every friday
Cons
no breaks for scheduling specialists
I’ve always been a entrepreneur in high school I started a mobile detailing company which grew rapidly. I owed 4 trailers and trucks w 14 guys I trained and managed also took care of all the business behind the scenes.. such as pay.. hiring.. buying product and equipment. Etc. I have always done sales and have always been extremely successful in the sales world. In the alarm industry I did all of the licensing and permits for our team to go sell in whatever city. I also have trained hundreds of new sales people who have used what I taught them and been highly successful.
Pros
Great money and great relationships
Cons
Having to move all over the country to work
The culture of the job was really great. People were great to work with. Management was great. Definitely recommend to people who are looking to grown with a company.
Pros
Free lunch fridays. Great bosses
Cons
Short breaks
They were a little shady when it came to pay. Not Happy with how they tried to fix it. They didn't make me feel like I was valuable to the company at all. They just use a representative and then let them go. do not keep employees very long because they cant keep them happy.