Alder

Alder Employee Reviews in Orem, UT

Orem, UT33 reviews
Good starter job.
My time at Alder started really great but after a while I wanted to advance and I was made promises that never happened. As far as promotions they don't want to help you move up in the company. The one thing that made the job do-able was the workers. My teammates were some of my favorites.
Pros
Lunches, Ping pong.
Cons
No advancing, bad management, bad policies.
Frustrating job
The interview process was really unprofessional, the training was even worse: very incomplete and all over the place. Then they throw you into the call floor expecting you to know everything without giving you the right tools to do your job. If you want to get yelled at by angry customers for 8 hours a day, this is the perfect job for you. Most of customer are right but you can’t help them because of company exaggerated protocols
It was a mix of okay bad and horrible
There are a lot of things at this company needs to fix when it comes to their teams that they send out their is really good people that help you bit also horrible people their to bring you down
Pros
Upper management is great, we are helping people take care of their homes and families, their welcoming at the start.
Cons
middle management is horrible, almost all the employees are teens and vary immature, big lack of training, their is a big gap in communication with middle management and upper management.
Sinking Ship
Inside sales is a sinking ship. No clear vision as to where they want to go. Leads are mediocre at best and the product and service were below par. Compensation was a joke, you could sell security at any other company and be compensated much more. Wouldn't recommend this opportunity to anyone
Beware of Alder
A typical day at work entails dealing with high levels of employee frustration due to the fact that they feel unable to take care of frustrated customers. In my opinion, there was a break down in expectations, priorities, beliefs and understanding from Sales to Customer Service to Servicing Operations. Much confusion abounds and it seems easy for employees to feel helpless due to inability and lack of empowerment to help customers become happy.

I learned a lot of what not-to-do at this job. I learned that aligning around egos, power-plays and tyrannical attitudes is definitely a lot more difficult than aligning around goals and togetherness, unity.

In my opinion, Management can be extremely frustrating to work with. They tend to empower bullies who can make the workplace unbearable. I felt like I had zero support from my manager because another bully type manager in a different department had unfettered access to all departments and seemed to institute whatever changes that person deemed necessary, even if it had an extremely negative and detrimental effect on other departments.

I would say that the culture is the hardest part of the job and for that, I can't give an honest reason of why anyone should give this company a shot. I was treated so badly that I can't give a positive review.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
They will blow smoke up your butt
This company needs A LOT of help. They could care less about their employees as long as they get theirs. Your pay WILL get screwed up GUARANTEED. Why? Because they hire random people as accountants that have zero experience or education in accounting. If you go to management about an issue they’ll just say you’re probably wrong. ZERO benefits, but they always will say “we’re working on it”. You don’t need this stress in your life, don’t work here.
A company of pretenders
They don’t have real accountants or real HR staff. If you need either department you get screwed. They promise things and then don’t follow through (including pay incentives). Most of the leadership includes sales reps that don’t understand how to run a business. Very toxic culture. If you’re a cool person you’ll probably make friends anywhere you go, even Alder. That being said, you’re better off elsewhere.
Bad place to be
Alder is a place of bells and ringing, a place where no one wants to be. Micro managed call center. Everything is watched, recorded. You may start work a happy person but by the time it chews you up you be distressed. Fraudulent sales trading leads to constant trapped customers trying to cancel. People who belong here enjoy bondage, this place feels like a prison. If you can don't enter that place, dont buy there alarms. This is the land of the free and this place leaves it's customers and employees in bondage.
Pros
Fridays
Cons
Bomdage
Great Work Family
Alder is a very fast paced environment. As a newer company, Alder is constantly changing. What got me to really enjoy my time at Alder were the people I worked with.
Pros
Free Lunch Every Friday
Cons
Constant changes to rules and guidelines
nice paying job
I really liked this job when i first started, and i got very good paychecks every week and having my husband working with me there was a plus. i was able to pay rent and bills and have money left over.
Pros
free lunch every friday
Cons
no breaks for scheduling specialists
We are highly motivated sales people.. there are always sells completions for vacation or other awesome incentives. Our culture is team oriented
I’ve always been a entrepreneur in high school I started a mobile detailing company which grew rapidly. I owed 4 trailers and trucks w 14 guys I trained and managed also took care of all the business behind the scenes.. such as pay.. hiring.. buying product and equipment. Etc. I have always done sales and have always been extremely successful in the sales world. In the alarm industry I did all of the licensing and permits for our team to go sell in whatever city. I also have trained hundreds of new sales people who have used what I taught them and been highly successful.
Pros
Great money and great relationships
Cons
Having to move all over the country to work
Fun work environment
The culture of the job was really great. People were great to work with. Management was great. Definitely recommend to people who are looking to grown with a company.
Pros
Free lunch fridays. Great bosses
Cons
Short breaks
Did not follow through with commitments
They were a little shady when it came to pay. Not Happy with how they tried to fix it. They didn't make me feel like I was valuable to the company at all. They just use a representative and then let them go. do not keep employees very long because they cant keep them happy.
Only way to advance was to get on the good side of someone important
Friendly people, free lunch on fridays, free swag on occasion.

Pay seems too low for the work load they are asking. If your paycheck gets messed up they'll never fix it. Training is poor. Any chance for advancement comes from being friends with the people in charge. The only people valued at alder are sales guys.
Terrible place to work.
I’ve worked at other call centers before and non of them are perfect, however Alder is by far the worst. The turnover rate is so high that we were pulled out of training early to get more agents on the phone. There is no support from the supervisors. The supervisors have no management training and are all punk kids. I constantly overheard the supervisors and employees talking about how much they hated their jobs, and even though it was a very small call center I watched people quit each day. By far the worst company I have worked for.
Pros
Pizza on friday
Cons
Management, job environment, low pay
Working at Alder
Great place to work in and get your career going. There is always a lot going on in an environment like Alder's that requires all hands on deck. That means we all get to learn a lot as well.
Not a good place to work if you aren't a sales rep.
This company doesn't believe it supporting the staff. Anything the staff needs to boost morale, create incentive and and generally do their jobs is not given. Managers who fight for the employees get fired with no notice. The bottom line is the only thing executive managers care about.
Pros
Cons
very oppressive, disrespectful office
Everyday at Alder
A typical day at Alder went like this, you would take an average of 50-60 customer service calls. If there were no calls or very little availability time, you would work on packaging packets for the sales men. You were constantly doing something so there was not time to slack off. You could talk to your co workers but only if there was nothing else to do. They provided food and gave the workers apparel when certain goals or competitions were completed. In all honesty, I loved working there because you were busy and the environment was really enjoyable. The most difficult aspect of the job, was the repetitiveness everyday. I would recommend someone to work there but not for the wage that they offer.
Pros
Free Friday lunches.
Cons
No beneifts, low wages.
Very productive
Productive but no room for growth. I come in to this company with nothing and the opportunity given has been greatly appreciated. Only problem is when it comes to looking forward to having stability outside of work, the fact that I depend on work to make that possible and its not happening increases my desire to want for better.
Pros
Quality work and equipment
Cons
No benefits at all, no paid holidays, No PTO
Extraordinary Work Experience
As a current employee, I have found Alder to provide outstanding work experience. From honing communication skills to learning multifaceted computer skills, to finding opportunities to reach for my best, Alder has provided me with unprecedented opportunities. Alder is a fast-growing company with unusual opportunities for personal advancement and leadership. For those who truly invest in the experience, giving their best, meaningful recognition and genuine opportunities do follow. I've also very much appreciated and enjoyed those I work with, as there are great opportunities to develop meaningful friendships and working relationships here. The hardest part of work at Alder has been the fast-pace of work and the steep learning curve involved at the outset. There is, however, great support offered and no day is ever boring! The most enjoyable part of the job is truly making a difference--for customers, for colleagues, and for the work that needs to be done. I would whole-heartedly recommend working at Alder to anyone wanting to grow, learn, and make a meaningful contribution in their work.
Pros
Always something new to learn; can really make a difference
Cons
Currently no benefits available
Growing and THRIVING
"Work hard, play hard" is certainly true with ALDER. Never a dull moment because we are always growing to improve leadership. The environment is fast yet fun. Everyone works together to achieve the same goal. The hardest part of the job is knowing when it's time to go home! There's so much to do, that we feel this sense of loyalty to keep going until it's done. The most enjoyable part about ALDER is the PEOPLE! You can walk into ALDER and see people from different walks of life (the ALDER Melting Pot). It's great!
Pros
Free Friday Lunch, Sups and Managers
Cons
No Benefits