Alder

Working at Alder: 12 Reviews

United States12 reviews

fridaysalelunchfreestartmoneypeoplecare

Not what it seems

The culture seems wonderful at first but toxic management brings the whole company down. They truly didn't care much for their employees, especially during the pandemic.

Pros

Free lunches

Do not work for Alder

Alder does not care at all about the healthy of their employees. During covid they did not let people work from home. Also, there were a lot people there who got covid. Most of them never used a mask or believe covid was real. They will promise your increase your salary but it never happens. They have a toxic culture.

Pros

Free Pizza on Friends

Cons

Everything else

Alder insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction

Awful

This company could not care less about you from a sales standpoint. My first day on the job I was taken out to location and shadowed one of the seasoned reps on the door for one day, one singular day and that was it. The next day I was told I was on my own and they threw me out there by myself with one day of shadowing at the door. They also make sure to go to the poorest areas and suck whatever little money these people have left dry. Terrible company with awful morals.

It was a mix of okay bad and horrible

There are a lot of things at this company needs to fix when it comes to their teams that they send out their is really good people that help you bit also horrible people their to bring you down

Pros

Upper management is great, we are helping people take care of their homes and families, their welcoming at the start.

Cons

middle management is horrible, almost all the employees are teens and vary immature, big lack of training, their is a big gap in communication with middle management and upper management.

Great company

Fun place to work as long as you work hard you control your paycheck. A lot of sales driven culture. They help with day to day life in general and do care about your well being

They will blow smoke up your butt

This company needs A LOT of help. They could care less about their employees as long as they get theirs. Your pay WILL get screwed up GUARANTEED. Why? Because they hire random people as accountants that have zero experience or education in accounting. If you go to management about an issue they’ll just say you’re probably wrong. ZERO benefits, but they always will say “we’re working on it”. You don’t need this stress in your life, don’t work here.

Bad place to be

Alder is a place of bells and ringing, a place where no one wants to be. Micro managed call center. Everything is watched, recorded. You may start work a happy person but by the time it chews you up you be distressed. Fraudulent sales trading leads to constant trapped customers trying to cancel. People who belong here enjoy bondage, this place feels like a prison. If you can don't enter that place, dont buy there alarms. This is the land of the free and this place leaves it's customers and employees in bondage.

Pros

Fridays

Cons

Bomdage

We are highly motivated sales people.. there are always sells completions for vacation or other awesome incentives. Our culture is team oriented

I’ve always been a entrepreneur in high school I started a mobile detailing company which grew rapidly. I owed 4 trailers and trucks w 14 guys I trained and managed also took care of all the business behind the scenes.. such as pay.. hiring.. buying product and equipment. Etc. I have always done sales and have always been extremely successful in the sales world. In the alarm industry I did all of the licensing and permits for our team to go sell in whatever city. I also have trained hundreds of new sales people who have used what I taught them and been highly successful.

Pros

Great money and great relationships

Cons

Having to move all over the country to work

Not a good place to work if you aren't a sales rep.

This company doesn't believe it supporting the staff. Anything the staff needs to boost morale, create incentive and and generally do their jobs is not given. Managers who fight for the employees get fired with no notice. The bottom line is the only thing executive managers care about.

Pros

Cons

very oppressive, disrespectful office

Not worth it

honestly don't waste your time here. They have no thought of personal time and will send you everywhere in the state and care not when you get home. You will have to call in for numerous issues and have to wait on hold for up to but not limited to 1 hour, for something that only takes 5 mins to take care of. Others had been there longer and thought it would change for them over time... nope different day same treatment same pay. I left the company with 4 other technicians because management basically swept our complaints about being paid per job after they took us off of hourly. Join at your own risk.

Pros

company car

Cons

Everything else

Fun while and during work.

Great environment! and very fun while on break and working. Great co-workers. I learn so much about how to treat others even if you do not know them. it helps me outside of work also.

Pros

ping pong

Cons

Healthcare, only one day of free lunch

Worked here a year

Alder is a good company that is growing quickly. There is a lot of opportunity to contribute to the growth and be a meaningful member of the team. They don't have traditional perks but do offer a free cross-fit gym, snowmobiles, 4-wheelers, and a Top Golf pass. Mostly these perks are used for recruiting purposes but you are able to use them if they're available.

Pros

Friday lunch, cross fit gym, good management, growing fast, casual environment

Cons

No health care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alder. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits