Alder

Working at Alder: 12 Reviews

United States12 reviews

salefridaypromisebenefitstartlunchemployeefree

Great Work Family

Alder is a very fast paced environment. As a newer company, Alder is constantly changing. What got me to really enjoy my time at Alder were the people I worked with.

Pros

Free Lunch Every Friday

Cons

Constant changes to rules and guidelines

Study hard and save your money

It’s an experience that I never imagined I love it but co works will get on your nerves you just have to get past it and realizes sales makes millions my boss made 22,500 every Friday .

Alder insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

nice paying job

I really liked this job when i first started, and i got very good paychecks every week and having my husband working with me there was a plus. i was able to pay rent and bills and have money left over.

Pros

free lunch every friday

Cons

no breaks for scheduling specialists

Terrible place to work.

I’ve worked at other call centers before and non of them are perfect, however Alder is by far the worst. The turnover rate is so high that we were pulled out of training early to get more agents on the phone. There is no support from the supervisors. The supervisors have no management training and are all punk kids. I constantly overheard the supervisors and employees talking about how much they hated their jobs, and even though it was a very small call center I watched people quit each day. By far the worst company I have worked for.

Pros

Pizza on friday

Cons

Management, job environment, low pay

Everyday at Alder

A typical day at Alder went like this, you would take an average of 50-60 customer service calls. If there were no calls or very little availability time, you would work on packaging packets for the sales men. You were constantly doing something so there was not time to slack off. You could talk to your co workers but only if there was nothing else to do. They provided food and gave the workers apparel when certain goals or competitions were completed. In all honesty, I loved working there because you were busy and the environment was really enjoyable. The most difficult aspect of the job, was the repetitiveness everyday. I would recommend someone to work there but not for the wage that they offer.

Pros

Free Friday lunches.

Cons

No beneifts, low wages.

Growing and THRIVING

"Work hard, play hard" is certainly true with ALDER. Never a dull moment because we are always growing to improve leadership. The environment is fast yet fun. Everyone works together to achieve the same goal. The hardest part of the job is knowing when it's time to go home! There's so much to do, that we feel this sense of loyalty to keep going until it's done. The most enjoyable part about ALDER is the PEOPLE! You can walk into ALDER and see people from different walks of life (the ALDER Melting Pot). It's great!

Pros

Free Friday Lunch, Sups and Managers

Cons

No Benefits

Work life at alder

Alder is a fun great place to work. working with friends and people who become friends very quickly. We have great supervisors and management who are hard working. It is a busy job but it is a place that rewards you for your hard work.

Pros

Lunch every friday, hour lunches.

Cons

No benefits yet

More than I expected

There's always something new happening. Understandably so. It's a young company that is still going through growing pains. Which is a good and sometimes bad thing. Good because a there's plenty of opportunity for growth and advancement. Bad because it can be overwhelming with the inconsistent processes and rules. The Managers are awesome. They are very hands on and willing to help whenever we need them.

Pros

Free Friday Lunch, Cool Alder Incentives

Cons

Need a full gym and not just crossfit

Always growing

From the moment you start work, you are WORKING. It's fast paced and you are always learning something new. The Managers are awesome (when you are doing what you're supposed to be doing) and always willing to go above and beyond to help. Co-workers are great and sometimes (most times) competitive. The hardest part is the constant change. But, the best part... most of the call center are all friends, so we encourage each other!

Pros

People, Friday Lunch

Cons

No health benefits

Worked here a year

Alder is a good company that is growing quickly. There is a lot of opportunity to contribute to the growth and be a meaningful member of the team. They don't have traditional perks but do offer a free cross-fit gym, snowmobiles, 4-wheelers, and a Top Golf pass. Mostly these perks are used for recruiting purposes but you are able to use them if they're available.

Pros

Friday lunch, cross fit gym, good management, growing fast, casual environment

Cons

No health care

Work Hard, -Make as much as you want.

Alder is a Alarm company in Orem Utah. Great environment. You will work with college kids in a social place. There are opportunities for advancement as long as you show that you are wanting it and willing to work for it.

Pros

Free lunch Friday

Cons

NO Benefits

It's not what I expected

Working on the call floor was always something new. I enjoyed working with the other call center agents. The floor managers are very nice and helpful. As for the CEO and the executives I don't have much to say about

Pros

Friday free lunches

Cons

Lots of distracting events during work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alder. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits