Alder

Alder Culture reviews

Clear

Alder insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

Fun work environment

The culture of the job was really great. People were great to work with. Management was great. Definitely recommend to people who are looking to grown with a company.

Pros

Free lunch fridays. Great bosses

Cons

Short breaks

Do not work for Alder

Alder does not care at all about the healthy of their employees. During covid they did not let people work from home. Also, there were a lot people there who got covid. Most of them never used a mask or believe covid was real. They will promise your increase your salary but it never happens. They have a toxic culture.

Pros

Free Pizza on Friends

Cons

Everything else

Great company

Fun place to work as long as you work hard you control your paycheck. A lot of sales driven culture. They help with day to day life in general and do care about your well being

Beware of Alder

A typical day at work entails dealing with high levels of employee frustration due to the fact that they feel unable to take care of frustrated customers. In my opinion, there was a break down in expectations, priorities, beliefs and understanding from Sales to Customer Service to Servicing Operations. Much confusion abounds and it seems easy for employees to feel helpless due to inability and lack of empowerment to help customers become happy. I learned a lot of what not-to-do at this job. I learned that aligning around egos, power-plays and tyrannical attitudes is definitely a lot more difficult than aligning around goals and togetherness, unity. In my opinion, Management can be extremely frustrating to work with. They tend to empower bullies who can make the workplace unbearable. I felt like I had zero support from my manager because another bully type manager in a different department had unfettered access to all departments and seemed to institute whatever changes that person deemed necessary, even if it had an extremely negative and detrimental effect on other departments. I would say that the culture is the hardest part of the job and for that, I can't give an honest reason of why anyone should give this company a shot. I was treated so badly that I can't give a positive review.

A company of pretenders

They don’t have real accountants or real HR staff. If you need either department you get screwed. They promise things and then don’t follow through (including pay incentives). Most of the leadership includes sales reps that don’t understand how to run a business. Very toxic culture. If you’re a cool person you’ll probably make friends anywhere you go, even Alder. That being said, you’re better off elsewhere.

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Work life at alder

Alder is a fun great place to work. working with friends and people who become friends very quickly. We have great supervisors and management who are hard working. It is a busy job but it is a place that rewards you for your hard work.

Pros

Lunch every friday, hour lunches.

Cons

No benefits yet

Great atmosphere, Great people

The people are great! There isn't any micromanaging going on. Not a whole lot of pressure or people breathing down your neck. But as a tradeoff, the pay is not as competitive as it would be elsewhere. Other than that, I have no negative feelings towards the company. A great place to work and gain some experience.

Pros

Free lunch on Fridays, awesome building, good people

Cons

Low-pay, no signs of advancing

Always growing

From the moment you start work, you are WORKING. It's fast paced and you are always learning something new. The Managers are awesome (when you are doing what you're supposed to be doing) and always willing to go above and beyond to help. Co-workers are great and sometimes (most times) competitive. The hardest part is the constant change. But, the best part... most of the call center are all friends, so we encourage each other!

Pros

People, Friday Lunch

Cons

No health benefits

Fun Place

It's a fun place to work and I love the people I work with! The environment here is relaxed but also professional! There are some bad calls because that's just how it is but the good calls with the nice and sweet customer out weigh that every time!

Fast paced culture with a lot of traveling, yet good compensation

Meet new people in their homes, learn social skills and customer service. Travel a lot and adapt to different cultures and demands of being on road and out of town. Intelligent people managing with ambitious co-workers in a very fast paced and motivated culture. Keeping a cool head and maintaining customer service while being rushed and under pressure to produce speed with quality in your installs. Love going new places and meeting new people every day.

Pros

Visit different states and meet people from different cultures

Cons

fast paced, high over-head and a little bit grimy industry standards...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alder. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Alder