Alder
49Low

Alder Job Security & Advancement reviews

Inteesrting place to work. Family oriented. Friendly employees. quick hiring process. Work life balance. Benefits. Plenty of time off. No weekends. No holidays
Pros
Hours
Cons
Door - door
Door to door sales and it great and fun experience to help build discipline and life skills to pursue into the future. It takes a lot of mentally focus but the outcome could be beneficial and give you a life you want.
Pros
Money making
Cons
Mentally straining
Supervisors did one on ones to improve or help move up. They offered openings in different departs if you wanted a change of pace. They disclosed any information about the company or events. Very friendly environment.
Pros
environment
Benefits
My time at Alder started really great but after a while I wanted to advance and I was made promises that never happened. As far as promotions they don't want to help you move up in the company. The one thing that made the job do-able was the workers. My teammates were some of my favorites.
Pros
Lunches, Ping pong.
Cons
No advancing, bad management, bad policies.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
The initial recruiting process was not as forthright as one may desire. It's not just all success. It's hard work but the pay off is huge if one can persist and
Friendly people, free lunch on fridays, free swag on occasion. Pay seems too low for the work load they are asking. If your paycheck gets messed up they'll never fix it. Training is poor. Any chance for advancement comes from being friends with the people in charge. The only people valued at alder are sales guys.
The company is growing and a very good career path for a lot of people, they will teach you how to communicate with people better then most organizations. Although they have a very demanding schedule.
Pros
Good money, good skills to learn
Cons
Demanding hits and work schedules
Great place to work in and get your career going. There is always a lot going on in an environment like Alder's that requires all hands on deck. That means we all get to learn a lot as well.
This company doesn't believe it supporting the staff. Anything the staff needs to boost morale, create incentive and and generally do their jobs is not given. Managers who fight for the employees get fired with no notice. The bottom line is the only thing executive managers care about.
Pros
Cons
very oppressive, disrespectful office
I love my job with Alder. Is it without some frustrations? No. Alder is a young and rapidly growing company that with growth comes some growing pains. But the best part of Alder is the fact that there is a huge opportunity. Grow with a company where you can influence things for the better.
Pros
Oportunity for growth. Challenging. Fun with great people.
Cons
Rapid Growth, large expectations
This was not the best position that I have held mainly because of the work environment. I enjoyed most of the people, but the environment was very stressful.
Out of all the Security Companies, I truly believe Alder is the best one out there. They are constantly trying to improve and innovate new products for security of your home and business. They treated me so well and they train there employees like non-other. Full stars all-around.
Productive but no room for growth. I come in to this company with nothing and the opportunity given has been greatly appreciated. Only problem is when it comes to looking forward to having stability outside of work, the fact that I depend on work to make that possible and its not happening increases my desire to want for better.
Pros
Quality work and equipment
Cons
No benefits at all, no paid holidays, No PTO
As a current employee, I have found Alder to provide outstanding work experience. From honing communication skills to learning multifaceted computer skills, to finding opportunities to reach for my best, Alder has provided me with unprecedented opportunities. Alder is a fast-growing company with unusual opportunities for personal advancement and leadership. For those who truly invest in the experience, giving their best, meaningful recognition and genuine opportunities do follow. I've also very much appreciated and enjoyed those I work with, as there are great opportunities to develop meaningful friendships and working relationships here. The hardest part of work at Alder has been the fast-pace of work and the steep learning curve involved at the outset. There is, however, great support offered and no day is ever boring! The most enjoyable part of the job is truly making a difference--for customers, for colleagues, and for the work that needs to be done. I would whole-heartedly recommend working at Alder to anyone wanting to grow, learn, and make a meaningful contribution in their work.
Pros
Always something new to learn; can really make a difference
Cons
Currently no benefits available
There's always something new happening. Understandably so. It's a young company that is still going through growing pains. Which is a good and sometimes bad thing. Good because a there's plenty of opportunity for growth and advancement. Bad because it can be overwhelming with the inconsistent processes and rules. The Managers are awesome. They are very hands on and willing to help whenever we need them.
Pros
Free Friday Lunch, Cool Alder Incentives
Cons
Need a full gym and not just crossfit
Alder is a good company that is growing quickly. There is a lot of opportunity to contribute to the growth and be a meaningful member of the team. They don't have traditional perks but do offer a free cross-fit gym, snowmobiles, 4-wheelers, and a Top Golf pass. Mostly these perks are used for recruiting purposes but you are able to use them if they're available.
Pros
Friday lunch, cross fit gym, good management, growing fast, casual environment
Cons
No health care
Alder is a Alarm company in Orem Utah. Great environment. You will work with college kids in a social place. There are opportunities for advancement as long as you show that you are wanting it and willing to work for it.
Pros
Free lunch Friday
Cons
NO Benefits
I loved that it was all about how hard you worked and the network you were willing to establish. I ended up managing my second summer, because my manager taught me everything he knew. They knew how to perfectly balance the fun and rewards, along with hard work and it payed off. Hardest part is just not getting down after being rejected so many times, but at the same time thats one of the best because you get to find out how tough you can be.
Pros
Hard work pays off, great friends, the lessons that you learn
Cons
N/a