Alder

United States70 reviews

Clear

fridaysalelunchfreestartmoneypeoplecare

Not what it seems

The culture seems wonderful at first but toxic management brings the whole company down. They truly didn't care much for their employees, especially during the pandemic.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Terrible do not work here

Terrible do not work here. Everything is very unprofessional and unorthodox. I had a terrible experience and regret working there. Overall do not waste time being a sales rep

Alder insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Terrible place to go they make big promises they don’t intend on honoring

Backends and’s bonuses are fraud.Regular pay heavy restricted by red tape.They lie to employees to incentivize but never pay out to those whom have earned those prizes

Job security

Threatened my job 4 days after I started for not producing enough while not training me. Pay structure is a complete lie. They sell you the world and expect you to perform on day one. While not giving an ounce of training on the system

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Massively lacking in training

Nice location turns to bribe

Alder is deceiving. They make the training seem easy. They don’t tell you That when you talk with people you have to tell the estate that they owe thousands of dollars just to cancel. The equipment is terrible! Everyone lies to make a sale so then sticking the customer relations with all the stressful nasty work. A customer can’t cancel until the exact anniversary of when they signed up 5 years ago. Yup you read that right, 5 years. If they want to cancel early they can but that’s where the thousands of dollars come in. If you have any morals run the opposite direction! They are not worried about COVID. No sanitization equipment and NO MASKS!

Pros

Free lunch on fridays, 1 free snack a day, spacious lunch room.

Cons

Constant stress physically and mentally, Moral dilemmas and legal issues, Life being threatened by lawyers with no ability to inform superiors, No legal parking.

Have to work without knowing how

They want you to work without any proper training, they want you to go out and “prove yourself” by being able to run the credits and such before they show you how to properly do your job, I was often left stranded due to my manager putting his work before his employees, I really think this company has some work they need to do before they start outsourcing to find employees such as me

Pros

Ability to make a lot of money with some luck

Cons

Ignored if they don’t hear what they want, bad manger, horrible training

Do not work for Alder

Alder does not care at all about the healthy of their employees. During covid they did not let people work from home. Also, there were a lot people there who got covid. Most of them never used a mask or believe covid was real. They will promise your increase your salary but it never happens. They have a toxic culture.

Pros

Free Pizza on Friends

Cons

Everything else

Dishonest company

They don't pay you the money they promise. Expect about half of what they promise. If it's not in your weekly paycheck, they won't pay you. They subtract anything they possibly can from your paycheck. They sell to mostly people who can't afford the alarm systems. Alder is a scam for the people who work for them and for the people who buy the alarm systems.

Horrible management

They sell you dreams here. They promise you the world to sign on with them but they never follow through with their word. Alder is a good place to learn how to sell alarms but not a good place to make money.

Pros

Cool sales reps

Cons

Have to hunt down people to get paid what you’re owed.

Great pay

The work day is long and hard, 6 days a week during the summer season. But the compensation makes it well work it. Management is not very involved with their technicians, so it can be hard to get responses from them unless they have gotten to know you personally.

Pros

Pay is good

Cons

Management is not so good

Frustrating job

The interview process was really unprofessional, the training was even worse: very incomplete and all over the place. Then they throw you into the call floor expecting you to know everything without giving you the right tools to do your job. If you want to get yelled at by angry customers for 8 hours a day, this is the perfect job for you. Most of customer are right but you can’t help them because of company exaggerated protocols

Awful

This company could not care less about you from a sales standpoint. My first day on the job I was taken out to location and shadowed one of the seasoned reps on the door for one day, one singular day and that was it. The next day I was told I was on my own and they threw me out there by myself with one day of shadowing at the door. They also make sure to go to the poorest areas and suck whatever little money these people have left dry. Terrible company with awful morals.

It was a mix of okay bad and horrible

There are a lot of things at this company needs to fix when it comes to their teams that they send out their is really good people that help you bit also horrible people their to bring you down

Pros

Upper management is great, we are helping people take care of their homes and families, their welcoming at the start.

Cons

middle management is horrible, almost all the employees are teens and vary immature, big lack of training, their is a big gap in communication with middle management and upper management.

Sinking Ship

Inside sales is a sinking ship. No clear vision as to where they want to go. Leads are mediocre at best and the product and service were below par. Compensation was a joke, you could sell security at any other company and be compensated much more. Wouldn't recommend this opportunity to anyone

They will blow smoke up your butt

This company needs A LOT of help. They could care less about their employees as long as they get theirs. Your pay WILL get screwed up GUARANTEED. Why? Because they hire random people as accountants that have zero experience or education in accounting. If you go to management about an issue they’ll just say you’re probably wrong. ZERO benefits, but they always will say “we’re working on it”. You don’t need this stress in your life, don’t work here.

A company of pretenders

They don’t have real accountants or real HR staff. If you need either department you get screwed. They promise things and then don’t follow through (including pay incentives). Most of the leadership includes sales reps that don’t understand how to run a business. Very toxic culture. If you’re a cool person you’ll probably make friends anywhere you go, even Alder. That being said, you’re better off elsewhere.

Good starter job.

My time at Alder started really great but after a while I wanted to advance and I was made promises that never happened. As far as promotions they don't want to help you move up in the company. The one thing that made the job do-able was the workers. My teammates were some of my favorites.

Pros

Lunches, Ping pong.

Cons

No advancing, bad management, bad policies.

Bad place to be

Alder is a place of bells and ringing, a place where no one wants to be. Micro managed call center. Everything is watched, recorded. You may start work a happy person but by the time it chews you up you be distressed. Fraudulent sales trading leads to constant trapped customers trying to cancel. People who belong here enjoy bondage, this place feels like a prison. If you can don't enter that place, dont buy there alarms. This is the land of the free and this place leaves it's customers and employees in bondage.

Pros

Fridays

Cons

Bomdage

!!!Worst place to work!!! WARNING TO ALL!!!

This place is a complete scam. My friend and I worked there for a few weeks and I can say it was literally to good to be true. The manager lied about the job from start to finish. Did not pay any of the guys that started in my group on time. Was placed in very uncomfortable neighborhoods which they never tell you about, someone was literally shoot while out on job next street over. A bunch of smokey mirrors and horrible management. My friends and I left before we got in to deep.

Pros

Cons

All of the above

Great Work Family

Alder is a very fast paced environment. As a newer company, Alder is constantly changing. What got me to really enjoy my time at Alder were the people I worked with.

Pros

Free Lunch Every Friday

Cons

Constant changes to rules and guidelines

Fun work environment

The culture of the job was really great. People were great to work with. Management was great. Definitely recommend to people who are looking to grown with a company.

Pros

Free lunch fridays. Great bosses

Cons

Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alder. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits