Alder

Clear
2.8Pay & Benefits

Alder insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

No job security

Pay would often get messed up, always under paid based on your sales. If you don’t stay on top of the complicated commission structure, you will be shorted money almost every check.

Pros

Office is amazing

Cons

Not stable, paycheck problems

Working here has been taxing on my mental and physical health.

I started about 6 months ago and I already hate most of the upper leave managers. My supervisor is great and tries to be understanding but the others are not. My department works with new customers from partner sales, we had to start working weekends, with no extra pay. When we refused, they told us "Great, then go find another job" again my coworkers and supervisor has been wonderful but the people above them are the ones making me want to quit. Not worth it if you want a stable work environment.

Pros

Free lunch on Fridays, incentives to reach goals are fine if you like golfing.

Cons

No benefits, strict schedules, I worked all holidays except Christmas day and Thanksgiving.

Do not work for Alder

Alder does not care at all about the healthy of their employees. During covid they did not let people work from home. Also, there were a lot people there who got covid. Most of them never used a mask or believe covid was real. They will promise your increase your salary but it never happens. They have a toxic culture.

Pros

Free Pizza on Friends

Cons

Everything else

Typical alarm sales

Installed alarms systems that were sold with high pressure tactics. It wasn’t bad installing but. Most often it was for people who really didn’t want or couldn’t really afford the system. They were 5 year contracts. They wanted you to get in and out as fast as possible I order to reduce “buyers remorse”. Sales reps rarely actually knew the finer details of the system. You found out that reps sold customers promises that the system couldn’t deliver. Pay was okay. Typical day you sat in your car an waited for a sale. Could start about 10-11 am restocking then driving to the ales area sometimes over 100 miles away. Last install could start at 9 pm. Sometimes systems were sold with the promise to install equipment that was on back order that would require return service calls. There was no milage paid for wear and tear on your own personal vehicle. Bas pay for first year tech was about $50 per install a with incentives that could be worth another $30-$40. Had to work when I was sick. It’s “ independent contractor “ work, Supposedly. well it’s paid that way no benefits. Seasonal summer sales. No proper vetting of sales reps . Only really cared about the sales numbers

Pros

Pay was ok

Cons

See above

great

Inteesrting place to work. Family oriented. Friendly employees. quick hiring process. Work life balance. Benefits. Plenty of time off. No weekends. No holidays

Pros

Hours

Cons

Door - door

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Dishonest company

They don't pay you the money they promise. Expect about half of what they promise. If it's not in your weekly paycheck, they won't pay you. They subtract anything they possibly can from your paycheck. They sell to mostly people who can't afford the alarm systems. Alder is a scam for the people who work for them and for the people who buy the alarm systems.

Great pay

The work day is long and hard, 6 days a week during the summer season. But the compensation makes it well work it. Management is not very involved with their technicians, so it can be hard to get responses from them unless they have gotten to know you personally.

Pros

Pay is good

Cons

Management is not so good

Fun environment

Supervisors did one on ones to improve or help move up. They offered openings in different departs if you wanted a change of pace. They disclosed any information about the company or events. Very friendly environment.

Pros

environment

Benefits

Sinking Ship

Inside sales is a sinking ship. No clear vision as to where they want to go. Leads are mediocre at best and the product and service were below par. Compensation was a joke, you could sell security at any other company and be compensated much more. Wouldn't recommend this opportunity to anyone

Great learning experience but beware

They were a good team of people and I learned a lot. However, they were not clear about the way their compensation program worked and I ended up not making nearly as much money as they said I would. In all I would say they are great salesman and to beware.

They will blow smoke up your butt

This company needs A LOT of help. They could care less about their employees as long as they get theirs. Your pay WILL get screwed up GUARANTEED. Why? Because they hire random people as accountants that have zero experience or education in accounting. If you go to management about an issue they’ll just say you’re probably wrong. ZERO benefits, but they always will say “we’re working on it”. You don’t need this stress in your life, don’t work here.

nice paying job

I really liked this job when i first started, and i got very good paychecks every week and having my husband working with me there was a plus. i was able to pay rent and bills and have money left over.

Pros

free lunch every friday

Cons

no breaks for scheduling specialists

Fun work environment

The culture of the job was really great. People were great to work with. Management was great. Definitely recommend to people who are looking to grown with a company.

Pros

Free lunch fridays. Great bosses

Cons

Short breaks

Good work place

Overall it’s a good place too work. 6 days out the week one day off. Get 40 hours a week witch is great. Feel like I could be working somewhere getting paid much more and enjoy what I’m doing.

Pros

Get enough hours/ paid every week

Cons

Short breaks

Only way to advance was to get on the good side of someone important

Friendly people, free lunch on fridays, free swag on occasion. Pay seems too low for the work load they are asking. If your paycheck gets messed up they'll never fix it. Training is poor. Any chance for advancement comes from being friends with the people in charge. The only people valued at alder are sales guys.

Good company and will teach you a lot about communication, although very demanding hours.

The company is growing and a very good career path for a lot of people, they will teach you how to communicate with people better then most organizations. Although they have a very demanding schedule.

Pros

Good money, good skills to learn

Cons

Demanding hits and work schedules

Would not recommend unless you need sales exp

Typical day starts around 10-11. Meetings are uneventful and range from 2 min to 45 min. Most of the "meetings" are just pep talks and nothing is actually said. Money is great if you consistently sell. Management is casual, but not in a good way. Everyone talks like a frat boy. They also promise a lot of things at start to get you to work for them. Make sure you get everything in writing I did not and they didn't give me even a quarter of what they promised.

Pros

Relaxed with time off if meet sales goals. Contractor so tax write offs

Cons

required "meeting" pep talks, No benefits, Unproffessional( Too lax )

Very productive

Productive but no room for growth. I come in to this company with nothing and the opportunity given has been greatly appreciated. Only problem is when it comes to looking forward to having stability outside of work, the fact that I depend on work to make that possible and its not happening increases my desire to want for better.

Pros

Quality work and equipment

Cons

No benefits at all, no paid holidays, No PTO

Extraordinary Work Experience

As a current employee, I have found Alder to provide outstanding work experience. From honing communication skills to learning multifaceted computer skills, to finding opportunities to reach for my best, Alder has provided me with unprecedented opportunities. Alder is a fast-growing company with unusual opportunities for personal advancement and leadership. For those who truly invest in the experience, giving their best, meaningful recognition and genuine opportunities do follow. I've also very much appreciated and enjoyed those I work with, as there are great opportunities to develop meaningful friendships and working relationships here. The hardest part of work at Alder has been the fast-pace of work and the steep learning curve involved at the outset. There is, however, great support offered and no day is ever boring! The most enjoyable part of the job is truly making a difference--for customers, for colleagues, and for the work that needs to be done. I would whole-heartedly recommend working at Alder to anyone wanting to grow, learn, and make a meaningful contribution in their work.

Pros

Always something new to learn; can really make a difference

Cons

Currently no benefits available

Growing and THRIVING

"Work hard, play hard" is certainly true with ALDER. Never a dull moment because we are always growing to improve leadership. The environment is fast yet fun. Everyone works together to achieve the same goal. The hardest part of the job is knowing when it's time to go home! There's so much to do, that we feel this sense of loyalty to keep going until it's done. The most enjoyable part about ALDER is the PEOPLE! You can walk into ALDER and see people from different walks of life (the ALDER Melting Pot). It's great!

Pros

Free Friday Lunch, Sups and Managers

Cons

No Benefits

Work life at alder

Alder is a fun great place to work. working with friends and people who become friends very quickly. We have great supervisors and management who are hard working. It is a busy job but it is a place that rewards you for your hard work.

Pros

Lunch every friday, hour lunches.

Cons

No benefits yet

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alder. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Alder