Alder

Clear
2.8Pay & Benefits

Alder insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

great

Inteesrting place to work. Family oriented. Friendly employees. quick hiring process. Work life balance. Benefits. Plenty of time off. No weekends. No holidays

Pros

Hours

Cons

Door - door

Bad place to work

I really hated working there. They made us lie about we could and couldn't tell the customers, so it felt like they wanted us to have hard calls. Customers were also the worst.

Good place to work and develop your salesmanship skills. Although this job is long hours going door to door, Alder has a great workplace environment with succesful experienced people that are willing to support you.

Pros

Great work environment, oppurtunity for growth

Cons

Full days, 6 days a week, door to door

Fun experience

Door to door sales and it great and fun experience to help build discipline and life skills to pursue into the future. It takes a lot of mentally focus but the outcome could be beneficial and give you a life you want.

Pros

Money making

Cons

Mentally straining

Great pay

The work day is long and hard, 6 days a week during the summer season. But the compensation makes it well work it. Management is not very involved with their technicians, so it can be hard to get responses from them unless they have gotten to know you personally.

Pros

Pay is good

Cons

Management is not so good

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Fun environment

Supervisors did one on ones to improve or help move up. They offered openings in different departs if you wanted a change of pace. They disclosed any information about the company or events. Very friendly environment.

Pros

environment

Benefits

Ok

You have no life and have to travel dangerously throughout one day Have to travel over 100 miles one way and still have to come home. Occasionally you will get a put in a room but some people have families

Awful

This company could not care less about you from a sales standpoint. My first day on the job I was taken out to location and shadowed one of the seasoned reps on the door for one day, one singular day and that was it. The next day I was told I was on my own and they threw me out there by myself with one day of shadowing at the door. They also make sure to go to the poorest areas and suck whatever little money these people have left dry. Terrible company with awful morals.

Great company

Fun place to work as long as you work hard you control your paycheck. A lot of sales driven culture. They help with day to day life in general and do care about your well being

Study hard and save your money

It’s an experience that I never imagined I love it but co works will get on your nerves you just have to get past it and realizes sales makes millions my boss made 22,500 every Friday .

Good starter job.

My time at Alder started really great but after a while I wanted to advance and I was made promises that never happened. As far as promotions they don't want to help you move up in the company. The one thing that made the job do-able was the workers. My teammates were some of my favorites.

Pros

Lunches, Ping pong.

Cons

No advancing, bad management, bad policies.

Did not follow through with commitments

They were a little shady when it came to pay. Not Happy with how they tried to fix it. They didn't make me feel like I was valuable to the company at all. They just use a representative and then let them go. do not keep employees very long because they cant keep them happy.

Good work place

Overall it’s a good place too work. 6 days out the week one day off. Get 40 hours a week witch is great. Feel like I could be working somewhere getting paid much more and enjoy what I’m doing.

Pros

Get enough hours/ paid every week

Cons

Short breaks

Growing pains but the good kind

I love my job with Alder. Is it without some frustrations? No. Alder is a young and rapidly growing company that with growth comes some growing pains. But the best part of Alder is the fact that there is a huge opportunity. Grow with a company where you can influence things for the better.

Pros

Oportunity for growth. Challenging. Fun with great people.

Cons

Rapid Growth, large expectations

Very productive

Productive but no room for growth. I come in to this company with nothing and the opportunity given has been greatly appreciated. Only problem is when it comes to looking forward to having stability outside of work, the fact that I depend on work to make that possible and its not happening increases my desire to want for better.

Pros

Quality work and equipment

Cons

No benefits at all, no paid holidays, No PTO

Extraordinary Work Experience

As a current employee, I have found Alder to provide outstanding work experience. From honing communication skills to learning multifaceted computer skills, to finding opportunities to reach for my best, Alder has provided me with unprecedented opportunities. Alder is a fast-growing company with unusual opportunities for personal advancement and leadership. For those who truly invest in the experience, giving their best, meaningful recognition and genuine opportunities do follow. I've also very much appreciated and enjoyed those I work with, as there are great opportunities to develop meaningful friendships and working relationships here. The hardest part of work at Alder has been the fast-pace of work and the steep learning curve involved at the outset. There is, however, great support offered and no day is ever boring! The most enjoyable part of the job is truly making a difference--for customers, for colleagues, and for the work that needs to be done. I would whole-heartedly recommend working at Alder to anyone wanting to grow, learn, and make a meaningful contribution in their work.

Pros

Always something new to learn; can really make a difference

Cons

Currently no benefits available

Growing and THRIVING

"Work hard, play hard" is certainly true with ALDER. Never a dull moment because we are always growing to improve leadership. The environment is fast yet fun. Everyone works together to achieve the same goal. The hardest part of the job is knowing when it's time to go home! There's so much to do, that we feel this sense of loyalty to keep going until it's done. The most enjoyable part about ALDER is the PEOPLE! You can walk into ALDER and see people from different walks of life (the ALDER Melting Pot). It's great!

Pros

Free Friday Lunch, Sups and Managers

Cons

No Benefits

Work life at alder

Alder is a fun great place to work. working with friends and people who become friends very quickly. We have great supervisors and management who are hard working. It is a busy job but it is a place that rewards you for your hard work.

Pros

Lunch every friday, hour lunches.

Cons

No benefits yet

More than I expected

There's always something new happening. Understandably so. It's a young company that is still going through growing pains. Which is a good and sometimes bad thing. Good because a there's plenty of opportunity for growth and advancement. Bad because it can be overwhelming with the inconsistent processes and rules. The Managers are awesome. They are very hands on and willing to help whenever we need them.

Pros

Free Friday Lunch, Cool Alder Incentives

Cons

Need a full gym and not just crossfit

Worked here a year

Alder is a good company that is growing quickly. There is a lot of opportunity to contribute to the growth and be a meaningful member of the team. They don't have traditional perks but do offer a free cross-fit gym, snowmobiles, 4-wheelers, and a Top Golf pass. Mostly these perks are used for recruiting purposes but you are able to use them if they're available.

Pros

Friday lunch, cross fit gym, good management, growing fast, casual environment

Cons

No health care

Work Hard, -Make as much as you want.

Alder is a Alarm company in Orem Utah. Great environment. You will work with college kids in a social place. There are opportunities for advancement as long as you show that you are wanting it and willing to work for it.

Pros

Free lunch Friday

Cons

NO Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alder. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Alder