Alder
49Low

Alder Work-Life Balance reviews

Inteesrting place to work. Family oriented. Friendly employees. quick hiring process. Work life balance. Benefits. Plenty of time off. No weekends. No holidays
Pros
Hours
Cons
Door - door
Good place to work and develop your salesmanship skills. Although this job is long hours going door to door, Alder has a great workplace environment with succesful experienced people that are willing to support you.
Pros
Great work environment, oppurtunity for growth
Cons
Full days, 6 days a week, door to door
Door to door sales and it great and fun experience to help build discipline and life skills to pursue into the future. It takes a lot of mentally focus but the outcome could be beneficial and give you a life you want.
Pros
Money making
Cons
Mentally straining
The work day is long and hard, 6 days a week during the summer season. But the compensation makes it well work it. Management is not very involved with their technicians, so it can be hard to get responses from them unless they have gotten to know you personally.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Management is not so good
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Supervisors did one on ones to improve or help move up. They offered openings in different departs if you wanted a change of pace. They disclosed any information about the company or events. Very friendly environment.
Pros
environment
Benefits
You have no life and have to travel dangerously throughout one day Have to travel over 100 miles one way and still have to come home. Occasionally you will get a put in a room but some people have families
Fun place to work as long as you work hard you control your paycheck. A lot of sales driven culture. They help with day to day life in general and do care about your well being
It’s an experience that I never imagined I love it but co works will get on your nerves you just have to get past it and realizes sales makes millions my boss made 22,500 every Friday .
My time at Alder started really great but after a while I wanted to advance and I was made promises that never happened. As far as promotions they don't want to help you move up in the company. The one thing that made the job do-able was the workers. My teammates were some of my favorites.
Pros
Lunches, Ping pong.
Cons
No advancing, bad management, bad policies.
They were a little shady when it came to pay. Not Happy with how they tried to fix it. They didn't make me feel like I was valuable to the company at all. They just use a representative and then let them go. do not keep employees very long because they cant keep them happy.
Overall it’s a good place too work. 6 days out the week one day off. Get 40 hours a week witch is great. Feel like I could be working somewhere getting paid much more and enjoy what I’m doing.
Pros
Get enough hours/ paid every week
Cons
Short breaks
I love my job with Alder. Is it without some frustrations? No. Alder is a young and rapidly growing company that with growth comes some growing pains. But the best part of Alder is the fact that there is a huge opportunity. Grow with a company where you can influence things for the better.
Pros
Oportunity for growth. Challenging. Fun with great people.
Cons
Rapid Growth, large expectations
Productive but no room for growth. I come in to this company with nothing and the opportunity given has been greatly appreciated. Only problem is when it comes to looking forward to having stability outside of work, the fact that I depend on work to make that possible and its not happening increases my desire to want for better.
Pros
Quality work and equipment
Cons
No benefits at all, no paid holidays, No PTO
As a current employee, I have found Alder to provide outstanding work experience. From honing communication skills to learning multifaceted computer skills, to finding opportunities to reach for my best, Alder has provided me with unprecedented opportunities. Alder is a fast-growing company with unusual opportunities for personal advancement and leadership. For those who truly invest in the experience, giving their best, meaningful recognition and genuine opportunities do follow. I've also very much appreciated and enjoyed those I work with, as there are great opportunities to develop meaningful friendships and working relationships here. The hardest part of work at Alder has been the fast-pace of work and the steep learning curve involved at the outset. There is, however, great support offered and no day is ever boring! The most enjoyable part of the job is truly making a difference--for customers, for colleagues, and for the work that needs to be done. I would whole-heartedly recommend working at Alder to anyone wanting to grow, learn, and make a meaningful contribution in their work.
Pros
Always something new to learn; can really make a difference
Cons
Currently no benefits available
"Work hard, play hard" is certainly true with ALDER. Never a dull moment because we are always growing to improve leadership. The environment is fast yet fun. Everyone works together to achieve the same goal. The hardest part of the job is knowing when it's time to go home! There's so much to do, that we feel this sense of loyalty to keep going until it's done. The most enjoyable part about ALDER is the PEOPLE! You can walk into ALDER and see people from different walks of life (the ALDER Melting Pot). It's great!
Pros
Free Friday Lunch, Sups and Managers
Cons
No Benefits
Alder is a fun great place to work. working with friends and people who become friends very quickly. We have great supervisors and management who are hard working. It is a busy job but it is a place that rewards you for your hard work.
Pros
Lunch every friday, hour lunches.
Cons
No benefits yet
There's always something new happening. Understandably so. It's a young company that is still going through growing pains. Which is a good and sometimes bad thing. Good because a there's plenty of opportunity for growth and advancement. Bad because it can be overwhelming with the inconsistent processes and rules. The Managers are awesome. They are very hands on and willing to help whenever we need them.
Pros
Free Friday Lunch, Cool Alder Incentives
Cons
Need a full gym and not just crossfit
Alder is a good company that is growing quickly. There is a lot of opportunity to contribute to the growth and be a meaningful member of the team. They don't have traditional perks but do offer a free cross-fit gym, snowmobiles, 4-wheelers, and a Top Golf pass. Mostly these perks are used for recruiting purposes but you are able to use them if they're available.
Pros
Friday lunch, cross fit gym, good management, growing fast, casual environment
Cons
No health care
Alder is a Alarm company in Orem Utah. Great environment. You will work with college kids in a social place. There are opportunities for advancement as long as you show that you are wanting it and willing to work for it.
Pros
Free lunch Friday
Cons
NO Benefits
I loved that it was all about how hard you worked and the network you were willing to establish. I ended up managing my second summer, because my manager taught me everything he knew. They knew how to perfectly balance the fun and rewards, along with hard work and it payed off. Hardest part is just not getting down after being rejected so many times, but at the same time thats one of the best because you get to find out how tough you can be.
Pros
Hard work pays off, great friends, the lessons that you learn
Cons
N/a
We would start each work day at 12 PM with a meeting about the plans for the day. After this we would leave to the area we would be knocking in that day. From 2PM till dark we would be knocking on doors and working in peoples homes helping them see the value in a security system. The hardest part about this job, was the physical, mental, and emotional strength it took, to keep working to find that one yes, even if it meant hearing a hundred no's.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No breaks
  1. Work-Life Balance