Alder

Alder Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Great Work Family
Alder is a very fast paced environment. As a newer company, Alder is constantly changing. What got me to really enjoy my time at Alder were the people I worked with.
Pros
Free Lunch Every Friday
Cons
Constant changes to rules and guidelines
Only way to advance was to get on the good side of someone important
Friendly people, free lunch on fridays, free swag on occasion.

Pay seems too low for the work load they are asking. If your paycheck gets messed up they'll never fix it. Training is poor. Any chance for advancement comes from being friends with the people in charge. The only people valued at alder are sales guys.
Terrible place to work.
I’ve worked at other call centers before and non of them are perfect, however Alder is by far the worst. The turnover rate is so high that we were pulled out of training early to get more agents on the phone. There is no support from the supervisors. The supervisors have no management training and are all punk kids. I constantly overheard the supervisors and employees talking about how much they hated their jobs, and even though it was a very small call center I watched people quit each day. By far the worst company I have worked for.
Pros
Pizza on friday
Cons
Management, job environment, low pay
Extraordinary Work Experience
As a current employee, I have found Alder to provide outstanding work experience. From honing communication skills to learning multifaceted computer skills, to finding opportunities to reach for my best, Alder has provided me with unprecedented opportunities. Alder is a fast-growing company with unusual opportunities for personal advancement and leadership. For those who truly invest in the experience, giving their best, meaningful recognition and genuine opportunities do follow. I've also very much appreciated and enjoyed those I work with, as there are great opportunities to develop meaningful friendships and working relationships here. The hardest part of work at Alder has been the fast-pace of work and the steep learning curve involved at the outset. There is, however, great support offered and no day is ever boring! The most enjoyable part of the job is truly making a difference--for customers, for colleagues, and for the work that needs to be done. I would whole-heartedly recommend working at Alder to anyone wanting to grow, learn, and make a meaningful contribution in their work.
Pros
Always something new to learn; can really make a difference
Cons
Currently no benefits available
Growing and THRIVING
"Work hard, play hard" is certainly true with ALDER. Never a dull moment because we are always growing to improve leadership. The environment is fast yet fun. Everyone works together to achieve the same goal. The hardest part of the job is knowing when it's time to go home! There's so much to do, that we feel this sense of loyalty to keep going until it's done. The most enjoyable part about ALDER is the PEOPLE! You can walk into ALDER and see people from different walks of life (the ALDER Melting Pot). It's great!
Pros
Free Friday Lunch, Sups and Managers
Cons
No Benefits
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Fun People, Fun Atmostphere, and Fun Job
I haven't worked here long but I have loved it! The people I work with are super fun and it makes it easy to come to work everyday. The customers I talk to on the phone are friendly and super nice as well, which makes for a joyful experience. In the office, the supervisors are willing to help when I have questions or concerns.
Pros
Free lunches, fun atmosphere, cool people
Cons
Occasional angry customers
More than I expected
There's always something new happening. Understandably so. It's a young company that is still going through growing pains. Which is a good and sometimes bad thing. Good because a there's plenty of opportunity for growth and advancement. Bad because it can be overwhelming with the inconsistent processes and rules. The Managers are awesome. They are very hands on and willing to help whenever we need them.
Pros
Free Friday Lunch, Cool Alder Incentives
Cons
Need a full gym and not just crossfit
Always growing
From the moment you start work, you are WORKING. It's fast paced and you are always learning something new. The Managers are awesome (when you are doing what you're supposed to be doing) and always willing to go above and beyond to help. Co-workers are great and sometimes (most times) competitive. The hardest part is the constant change. But, the best part... most of the call center are all friends, so we encourage each other!
Pros
People, Friday Lunch
Cons
No health benefits