Alder
49Low

Alder Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

The initial recruiting process was not as forthright as one may desire. It's not just all success. It's hard work but the pay off is huge if one can persist and
They sell you dreams here. They promise you the world to sign on with them but they never follow through with their word. Alder is a good place to learn how to sell alarms but not a good place to make money.
Pros
Cool sales reps
Cons
Have to hunt down people to get paid what you’re owed.
Door to door sales and it great and fun experience to help build discipline and life skills to pursue into the future. It takes a lot of mentally focus but the outcome could be beneficial and give you a life you want.
Pros
Money making
Cons
Mentally straining
This company could not care less about you from a sales standpoint. My first day on the job I was taken out to location and shadowed one of the seasoned reps on the door for one day, one singular day and that was it. The next day I was told I was on my own and they threw me out there by myself with one day of shadowing at the door. They also make sure to go to the poorest areas and suck whatever little money these people have left dry. Terrible company with awful morals.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Fun place to work as long as you work hard you control your paycheck. A lot of sales driven culture. They help with day to day life in general and do care about your well being
They were a good team of people and I learned a lot. However, they were not clear about the way their compensation program worked and I ended up not making nearly as much money as they said I would. In all I would say they are great salesman and to beware.
This place is a complete scam. My friend and I worked there for a few weeks and I can say it was literally to good to be true. The manager lied about the job from start to finish. Did not pay any of the guys that started in my group on time. Was placed in very uncomfortable neighborhoods which they never tell you about, someone was literally shoot while out on job next street over. A bunch of smokey mirrors and horrible management. My friends and I left before we got in to deep.
Pros
Cons
All of the above
When we were originally approached by Alder, they were very accommodating and said all the right things to get us to come out. My wife and I packed up and drove across the country because we believed we were working for honest, good people. But the nightmare started as soon as we got there. We were not getting paid for the sales we were making. They promised to pay weekly on sales that were made the previous week. We went a month without being paid even though I was Making at least 4 sales a week. WE WERE NEVER PAID FOR HALF MY SALES!! This company also picks favorites. Do yourself a favor and never work for them.
Pros
None!
Cons
Picks favorites, doesn’t pay on sales, never follows through on promises
They were a little shady when it came to pay. Not Happy with how they tried to fix it. They didn't make me feel like I was valuable to the company at all. They just use a representative and then let them go. do not keep employees very long because they cant keep them happy.
Typical day starts around 10-11. Meetings are uneventful and range from 2 min to 45 min. Most of the "meetings" are just pep talks and nothing is actually said. Money is great if you consistently sell. Management is casual, but not in a good way. Everyone talks like a frat boy. They also promise a lot of things at start to get you to work for them. Make sure you get everything in writing I did not and they didn't give me even a quarter of what they promised.
Pros
Relaxed with time off if meet sales goals. Contractor so tax write offs
Cons
required "meeting" pep talks, No benefits, Unproffessional( Too lax )
Out of all the Security Companies, I truly believe Alder is the best one out there. They are constantly trying to improve and innovate new products for security of your home and business. They treated me so well and they train there employees like non-other. Full stars all-around.
We would start each work day at 12 PM with a meeting about the plans for the day. After this we would leave to the area we would be knocking in that day. From 2PM till dark we would be knocking on doors and working in peoples homes helping them see the value in a security system. The hardest part about this job, was the physical, mental, and emotional strength it took, to keep working to find that one yes, even if it meant hearing a hundred no's.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No breaks
  1. Sales Representative