Alder Job Security & Advancement reviews

Only way to advance was to get on the good side of someone important
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 20, 2018
Friendly people, free lunch on fridays, free swag on occasion.

Pay seems too low for the work load they are asking. If your paycheck gets messed up they'll never fix it. Training is poor. Any chance for advancement comes from being friends with the people in charge. The only people valued at alder are sales guys.
Working at Alder
Media Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 29, 2018
Great place to work in and get your career going. There is always a lot going on in an environment like Alder's that requires all hands on deck. That means we all get to learn a lot as well.
Not a good place to work if you aren't a sales rep.
employee (Former Employee) –  oremMarch 9, 2018
This company doesn't believe it supporting the staff. Anything the staff needs to boost morale, create incentive and and generally do their jobs is not given. Managers who fight for the employees get fired with no notice. The bottom line is the only thing executive managers care about.
Pros
Cons
very oppressive, disrespectful office
Growing pains but the good kind
CMo (Current Employee) –  Third floorFebruary 12, 2018
I love my job with Alder. Is it without some frustrations? No. Alder is a young and rapidly growing company that with growth comes some growing pains. But the best part of Alder is the fact that there is a huge opportunity.

Grow with a company where you can influence things for the better.
Pros
Oportunity for growth. Challenging. Fun with great people.
Cons
Rapid Growth, large expectations
Not worth it
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 10, 2017
honestly don't waste your time here. They have no thought of personal time and will send you everywhere in the state and care not when you get home. You will have to call in for numerous issues and have to wait on hold for up to but not limited to 1 hour, for something that only takes 5 mins to take care of. Others had been there longer and thought it would change for them over time... nope different day same treatment same pay. I left the company with 4 other technicians because management basically swept our complaints about being paid per job after they took us off of hourly. Join at your own risk.
Pros
company car
Cons
Everything else
Very productive
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJuly 13, 2017
Productive but no room for growth. I come in to this company with nothing and the opportunity given has been greatly appreciated. Only problem is when it comes to looking forward to having stability outside of work, the fact that I depend on work to make that possible and its not happening increases my desire to want for better.
Pros
Quality work and equipment
Cons
No benefits at all, no paid holidays, No PTO
Extraordinary Work Experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 28, 2017
As a current employee, I have found Alder to provide outstanding work experience. From honing communication skills to learning multifaceted computer skills, to finding opportunities to reach for my best, Alder has provided me with unprecedented opportunities. Alder is a fast-growing company with unusual opportunities for personal advancement and leadership. For those who truly invest in the experience, giving their best, meaningful recognition and genuine opportunities do follow. I've also very much appreciated and enjoyed those I work with, as there are great opportunities to develop meaningful friendships and working relationships here. The hardest part of work at Alder has been the fast-pace of work and the steep learning curve involved at the outset. There is, however, great support offered and no day is ever boring! The most enjoyable part of the job is truly making a difference--for customers, for colleagues, and for the work that needs to be done. I would whole-heartedly recommend working at Alder to anyone wanting to grow, learn, and make a meaningful contribution in their work.
Pros
Always something new to learn; can really make a difference
Cons
Currently no benefits available
More than I expected
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 26, 2017
There's always something new happening. Understandably so. It's a young company that is still going through growing pains. Which is a good and sometimes bad thing. Good because a there's plenty of opportunity for growth and advancement. Bad because it can be overwhelming with the inconsistent processes and rules. The Managers are awesome. They are very hands on and willing to help whenever we need them.
Pros
Free Friday Lunch, Cool Alder Incentives
Cons
Need a full gym and not just crossfit
Worked here a year
Digital Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 25, 2017
Alder is a good company that is growing quickly. There is a lot of opportunity to contribute to the growth and be a meaningful member of the team.

They don't have traditional perks but do offer a free cross-fit gym, snowmobiles, 4-wheelers, and a Top Golf pass. Mostly these perks are used for recruiting purposes but you are able to use them if they're available.
Pros
Friday lunch, cross fit gym, good management, growing fast, casual environment
Cons
No health care
Work Hard, -Make as much as you want.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 24, 2017
Alder is a Alarm company in Orem Utah. Great environment. You will work with college kids in a social place. There are opportunities for advancement as long as you show that you are wanting it and willing to work for it.
Pros
Free lunch Friday
Cons
NO Benefits
Very driven team that new how to keep a solid motivation behind everyone.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTFebruary 7, 2017
I loved that it was all about how hard you worked and the network you were willing to establish. I ended up managing my second summer, because my manager taught me everything he knew. They knew how to perfectly balance the fun and rewards, along with hard work and it payed off. Hardest part is just not getting down after being rejected so many times, but at the same time thats one of the best because you get to find out how tough you can be.
Pros
Hard work pays off, great friends, the lessons that you learn
Cons
N/a