Alder Pay & Benefits reviews

Only way to advance was to get on the good side of someone important
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 20, 2018
Friendly people, free lunch on fridays, free swag on occasion.

Pay seems too low for the work load they are asking. If your paycheck gets messed up they'll never fix it. Training is poor. Any chance for advancement comes from being friends with the people in charge. The only people valued at alder are sales guys.
Good company and will teach you a lot about communication, although very demanding hours.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 29, 2018
The company is growing and a very good career path for a lot of people, they will teach you how to communicate with people better then most organizations. Although they have a very demanding schedule.
Pros
Good money, good skills to learn
Cons
Demanding hits and work schedules
Would not recommend unless you need sales exp
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 14, 2018
Typical day starts around 10-11. Meetings are uneventful and range from 2 min to 45 min. Most of the "meetings" are just pep talks and nothing is actually said. Money is great if you consistently sell. Management is casual, but not in a good way. Everyone talks like a frat boy. They also promise a lot of things at start to get you to work for them. Make sure you get everything in writing I did not and they didn't give me even a quarter of what they promised.
Pros
Relaxed with time off if meet sales goals. Contractor so tax write offs
Cons
required "meeting" pep talks, No benefits, Unproffessional( Too lax )
Very productive
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJuly 13, 2017
Productive but no room for growth. I come in to this company with nothing and the opportunity given has been greatly appreciated. Only problem is when it comes to looking forward to having stability outside of work, the fact that I depend on work to make that possible and its not happening increases my desire to want for better.
Pros
Quality work and equipment
Cons
No benefits at all, no paid holidays, No PTO
Extraordinary Work Experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 28, 2017
As a current employee, I have found Alder to provide outstanding work experience. From honing communication skills to learning multifaceted computer skills, to finding opportunities to reach for my best, Alder has provided me with unprecedented opportunities. Alder is a fast-growing company with unusual opportunities for personal advancement and leadership. For those who truly invest in the experience, giving their best, meaningful recognition and genuine opportunities do follow. I've also very much appreciated and enjoyed those I work with, as there are great opportunities to develop meaningful friendships and working relationships here. The hardest part of work at Alder has been the fast-pace of work and the steep learning curve involved at the outset. There is, however, great support offered and no day is ever boring! The most enjoyable part of the job is truly making a difference--for customers, for colleagues, and for the work that needs to be done. I would whole-heartedly recommend working at Alder to anyone wanting to grow, learn, and make a meaningful contribution in their work.
Pros
Always something new to learn; can really make a difference
Cons
Currently no benefits available
Growing and THRIVING
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 28, 2017
"Work hard, play hard" is certainly true with ALDER. Never a dull moment because we are always growing to improve leadership. The environment is fast yet fun. Everyone works together to achieve the same goal. The hardest part of the job is knowing when it's time to go home! There's so much to do, that we feel this sense of loyalty to keep going until it's done. The most enjoyable part about ALDER is the PEOPLE! You can walk into ALDER and see people from different walks of life (the ALDER Melting Pot). It's great!
Pros
Free Friday Lunch, Sups and Managers
Cons
No Benefits
Work life at alder
Team lead Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 27, 2017
Alder is a fun great place to work. working with friends and people who become friends very quickly. We have great supervisors and management who are hard working. It is a busy job but it is a place that rewards you for your hard work.
Pros
Lunch every friday, hour lunches.
Cons
No benefits yet
Fun while and during work.
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 26, 2017
Great environment! and very fun while on break and working. Great co-workers. I learn so much about how to treat others even if you do not know them. it helps me outside of work also.
Pros
ping pong
Cons
Healthcare, only one day of free lunch
Great atmosphere, Great people
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 26, 2017
The people are great! There isn't any micromanaging going on. Not a whole lot of pressure or people breathing down your neck. But as a tradeoff, the pay is not as competitive as it would be elsewhere. Other than that, I have no negative feelings towards the company. A great place to work and gain some experience.
Pros
Free lunch on Fridays, awesome building, good people
Cons
Low-pay, no signs of advancing
Always growing
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 26, 2017
From the moment you start work, you are WORKING. It's fast paced and you are always learning something new. The Managers are awesome (when you are doing what you're supposed to be doing) and always willing to go above and beyond to help. Co-workers are great and sometimes (most times) competitive. The hardest part is the constant change. But, the best part... most of the call center are all friends, so we encourage each other!
Pros
People, Friday Lunch
Cons
No health benefits
Work Hard, -Make as much as you want.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 24, 2017
Alder is a Alarm company in Orem Utah. Great environment. You will work with college kids in a social place. There are opportunities for advancement as long as you show that you are wanting it and willing to work for it.
Pros
Free lunch Friday
Cons
NO Benefits