Alder Work-Life Balance reviews

Growing pains but the good kind
CMo (Current Employee) –  Third floorFebruary 12, 2018
I love my job with Alder. Is it without some frustrations? No. Alder is a young and rapidly growing company that with growth comes some growing pains. But the best part of Alder is the fact that there is a huge opportunity.

Grow with a company where you can influence things for the better.
Pros
Oportunity for growth. Challenging. Fun with great people.
Cons
Rapid Growth, large expectations
Very productive
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJuly 13, 2017
Productive but no room for growth. I come in to this company with nothing and the opportunity given has been greatly appreciated. Only problem is when it comes to looking forward to having stability outside of work, the fact that I depend on work to make that possible and its not happening increases my desire to want for better.
Pros
Quality work and equipment
Cons
No benefits at all, no paid holidays, No PTO
Extraordinary Work Experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 28, 2017
As a current employee, I have found Alder to provide outstanding work experience. From honing communication skills to learning multifaceted computer skills, to finding opportunities to reach for my best, Alder has provided me with unprecedented opportunities. Alder is a fast-growing company with unusual opportunities for personal advancement and leadership. For those who truly invest in the experience, giving their best, meaningful recognition and genuine opportunities do follow. I've also very much appreciated and enjoyed those I work with, as there are great opportunities to develop meaningful friendships and working relationships here. The hardest part of work at Alder has been the fast-pace of work and the steep learning curve involved at the outset. There is, however, great support offered and no day is ever boring! The most enjoyable part of the job is truly making a difference--for customers, for colleagues, and for the work that needs to be done. I would whole-heartedly recommend working at Alder to anyone wanting to grow, learn, and make a meaningful contribution in their work.
Pros
Always something new to learn; can really make a difference
Cons
Currently no benefits available
Growing and THRIVING
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 28, 2017
"Work hard, play hard" is certainly true with ALDER. Never a dull moment because we are always growing to improve leadership. The environment is fast yet fun. Everyone works together to achieve the same goal. The hardest part of the job is knowing when it's time to go home! There's so much to do, that we feel this sense of loyalty to keep going until it's done. The most enjoyable part about ALDER is the PEOPLE! You can walk into ALDER and see people from different walks of life (the ALDER Melting Pot). It's great!
Pros
Free Friday Lunch, Sups and Managers
Cons
No Benefits
Work life at alder
Team lead Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 27, 2017
Alder is a fun great place to work. working with friends and people who become friends very quickly. We have great supervisors and management who are hard working. It is a busy job but it is a place that rewards you for your hard work.
Pros
Lunch every friday, hour lunches.
Cons
No benefits yet
More than I expected
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 26, 2017
There's always something new happening. Understandably so. It's a young company that is still going through growing pains. Which is a good and sometimes bad thing. Good because a there's plenty of opportunity for growth and advancement. Bad because it can be overwhelming with the inconsistent processes and rules. The Managers are awesome. They are very hands on and willing to help whenever we need them.
Pros
Free Friday Lunch, Cool Alder Incentives
Cons
Need a full gym and not just crossfit
Worked here a year
Digital Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 25, 2017
Alder is a good company that is growing quickly. There is a lot of opportunity to contribute to the growth and be a meaningful member of the team.

They don't have traditional perks but do offer a free cross-fit gym, snowmobiles, 4-wheelers, and a Top Golf pass. Mostly these perks are used for recruiting purposes but you are able to use them if they're available.
Pros
Friday lunch, cross fit gym, good management, growing fast, casual environment
Cons
No health care
Work Hard, -Make as much as you want.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 24, 2017
Alder is a Alarm company in Orem Utah. Great environment. You will work with college kids in a social place. There are opportunities for advancement as long as you show that you are wanting it and willing to work for it.
Pros
Free lunch Friday
Cons
NO Benefits
Very driven team that new how to keep a solid motivation behind everyone.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTFebruary 7, 2017
I loved that it was all about how hard you worked and the network you were willing to establish. I ended up managing my second summer, because my manager taught me everything he knew. They knew how to perfectly balance the fun and rewards, along with hard work and it payed off. Hardest part is just not getting down after being rejected so many times, but at the same time thats one of the best because you get to find out how tough you can be.
Pros
Hard work pays off, great friends, the lessons that you learn
Cons
N/a
Growing Company that makes you feel like FAMILY
Call Center (Current Employee) –  UtahDecember 13, 2016
It's hard to find a job that you enjoy! Working for Alder has been a great experience that allowed growth and opportunities. Managers are always helpfully and always push you to succeed. Co-workers are even better! Everyone makes you feel like you are apart of a team. The hardest part of the job is being able to sit for long periods of time. All in all, Alder has been a great place to work and be apart of.
Pros
Free Friday Lunch, Free Crossfit Gym
Cons
Sometimes Stressful during the Summer
Hardworking yet very rewarding environment
Door-to-Door Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2016
We would start each work day at 12 PM with a meeting about the plans for the day. After this we would leave to the area we would be knocking in that day. From 2PM till dark we would be knocking on doors and working in peoples homes helping them see the value in a security system.

The hardest part about this job, was the physical, mental, and emotional strength it took, to keep working to find that one yes, even if it meant hearing a hundred no's.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No breaks