Alder

Alder Employee Review

Good starter job.
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTSeptember 12, 2019
My time at Alder started really great but after a while I wanted to advance and I was made promises that never happened. As far as promotions they don't want to help you move up in the company. The one thing that made the job do-able was the workers. My teammates were some of my favorites.
Pros
Lunches, Ping pong.
Cons
No advancing, bad management, bad policies.

Other Alder Employee Reviews

Great learning experience but beware
Sales (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 7, 2020
They were a good team of people and I learned a lot. However, they were not clear about the way their compensation program worked and I ended up not making nearly as much money as they said I would. In all I would say they are great salesman and to beware.
Beware of Alder
Other (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTDecember 9, 2019
A typical day at work entails dealing with high levels of employee frustration due to the fact that they feel unable to take care of frustrated customers. In my opinion, there was a break down in expectations, priorities, beliefs and understanding from Sales to Customer Service to Servicing Operations. Much confusion abounds and it seems easy for employees to feel helpless due to inability and lack of empowerment to help customers become happy.

I learned a lot of what not-to-do at this job. I learned that aligning around egos, power-plays and tyrannical attitudes is definitely a lot more difficult than aligning around goals and togetherness, unity.

In my opinion, Management can be extremely frustrating to work with. They tend to empower bullies who can make the workplace unbearable. I felt like I had zero support from my manager because another bully type manager in a different department had unfettered access to all departments and seemed to institute whatever changes that person deemed necessary, even if it had an extremely negative and detrimental effect on other departments.

I would say that the culture is the hardest part of the job and for that, I can't give an honest reason of why anyone should give this company a shot. I was treated so badly that I can't give a positive review.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alder. Our community is ready to answer.