Alder

Alder Employee Reviews

United States53 reviews
Ok
You have no life and have to travel dangerously throughout one day
Have to travel over 100 miles one way and still have to come home. Occasionally you will get a put in a room but some people have families
Did not follow through with commitments
They were a little shady when it came to pay. Not Happy with how they tried to fix it. They didn't make me feel like I was valuable to the company at all. They just use a representative and then let them go. do not keep employees very long because they cant keep them happy.
Good work place
Overall it’s a good place too work. 6 days out the week one day off. Get 40 hours a week witch is great. Feel like I could be working somewhere getting paid much more and enjoy what I’m doing.
Pros
Get enough hours/ paid every week
Cons
Short breaks
Only way to advance was to get on the good side of someone important
Friendly people, free lunch on fridays, free swag on occasion.

Pay seems too low for the work load they are asking. If your paycheck gets messed up they'll never fix it. Training is poor. Any chance for advancement comes from being friends with the people in charge. The only people valued at alder are sales guys.
Terrible place to work.
I’ve worked at other call centers before and non of them are perfect, however Alder is by far the worst. The turnover rate is so high that we were pulled out of training early to get more agents on the phone. There is no support from the supervisors. The supervisors have no management training and are all punk kids. I constantly overheard the supervisors and employees talking about how much they hated their jobs, and even though it was a very small call center I watched people quit each day. By far the worst company I have worked for.
Pros
Pizza on friday
Cons
Management, job environment, low pay
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Good company and will teach you a lot about communication, although very demanding hours.
The company is growing and a very good career path for a lot of people, they will teach you how to communicate with people better then most organizations. Although they have a very demanding schedule.
Pros
Good money, good skills to learn
Cons
Demanding hits and work schedules
Working at Alder
Great place to work in and get your career going. There is always a lot going on in an environment like Alder's that requires all hands on deck. That means we all get to learn a lot as well.
Not a good place to work if you aren't a sales rep.
This company doesn't believe it supporting the staff. Anything the staff needs to boost morale, create incentive and and generally do their jobs is not given. Managers who fight for the employees get fired with no notice. The bottom line is the only thing executive managers care about.
Pros
Cons
very oppressive, disrespectful office
Would not recommend unless you need sales exp
Typical day starts around 10-11. Meetings are uneventful and range from 2 min to 45 min. Most of the "meetings" are just pep talks and nothing is actually said. Money is great if you consistently sell. Management is casual, but not in a good way. Everyone talks like a frat boy. They also promise a lot of things at start to get you to work for them. Make sure you get everything in writing I did not and they didn't give me even a quarter of what they promised.
Pros
Relaxed with time off if meet sales goals. Contractor so tax write offs
Cons
required "meeting" pep talks, No benefits, Unproffessional( Too lax )
Growing pains but the good kind
I love my job with Alder. Is it without some frustrations? No. Alder is a young and rapidly growing company that with growth comes some growing pains. But the best part of Alder is the fact that there is a huge opportunity.

Grow with a company where you can influence things for the better.
Pros
Oportunity for growth. Challenging. Fun with great people.
Cons
Rapid Growth, large expectations
Everyday at Alder
A typical day at Alder went like this, you would take an average of 50-60 customer service calls. If there were no calls or very little availability time, you would work on packaging packets for the sales men. You were constantly doing something so there was not time to slack off. You could talk to your co workers but only if there was nothing else to do. They provided food and gave the workers apparel when certain goals or competitions were completed. In all honesty, I loved working there because you were busy and the environment was really enjoyable. The most difficult aspect of the job, was the repetitiveness everyday. I would recommend someone to work there but not for the wage that they offer.
Pros
Free Friday lunches.
Cons
No beneifts, low wages.
Alder Security
This was not the best position that I have held mainly because of the work environment. I enjoyed most of the people, but the environment was very stressful.
I Do not Recommend
Terrible communication..
Management could be much better

Don't feel appreciated

Most of the sales people just lie and rip people off

Just a terrible place all around
Not worth it
honestly don't waste your time here. They have no thought of personal time and will send you everywhere in the state and care not when you get home. You will have to call in for numerous issues and have to wait on hold for up to but not limited to 1 hour, for something that only takes 5 mins to take care of. Others had been there longer and thought it would change for them over time... nope different day same treatment same pay. I left the company with 4 other technicians because management basically swept our complaints about being paid per job after they took us off of hourly. Join at your own risk.
Pros
company car
Cons
Everything else
Awesome Company to work for
Out of all the Security Companies, I truly believe Alder is the best one out there. They are constantly trying to improve and innovate new products for security of your home and business. They treated me so well and they train there employees like non-other. Full stars all-around.
Very productive
Productive but no room for growth. I come in to this company with nothing and the opportunity given has been greatly appreciated. Only problem is when it comes to looking forward to having stability outside of work, the fact that I depend on work to make that possible and its not happening increases my desire to want for better.
Pros
Quality work and equipment
Cons
No benefits at all, no paid holidays, No PTO
Extraordinary Work Experience
As a current employee, I have found Alder to provide outstanding work experience. From honing communication skills to learning multifaceted computer skills, to finding opportunities to reach for my best, Alder has provided me with unprecedented opportunities. Alder is a fast-growing company with unusual opportunities for personal advancement and leadership. For those who truly invest in the experience, giving their best, meaningful recognition and genuine opportunities do follow. I've also very much appreciated and enjoyed those I work with, as there are great opportunities to develop meaningful friendships and working relationships here. The hardest part of work at Alder has been the fast-pace of work and the steep learning curve involved at the outset. There is, however, great support offered and no day is ever boring! The most enjoyable part of the job is truly making a difference--for customers, for colleagues, and for the work that needs to be done. I would whole-heartedly recommend working at Alder to anyone wanting to grow, learn, and make a meaningful contribution in their work.
Pros
Always something new to learn; can really make a difference
Cons
Currently no benefits available
Growing and THRIVING
"Work hard, play hard" is certainly true with ALDER. Never a dull moment because we are always growing to improve leadership. The environment is fast yet fun. Everyone works together to achieve the same goal. The hardest part of the job is knowing when it's time to go home! There's so much to do, that we feel this sense of loyalty to keep going until it's done. The most enjoyable part about ALDER is the PEOPLE! You can walk into ALDER and see people from different walks of life (the ALDER Melting Pot). It's great!
Pros
Free Friday Lunch, Sups and Managers
Cons
No Benefits
Work life at alder
Alder is a fun great place to work. working with friends and people who become friends very quickly. We have great supervisors and management who are hard working. It is a busy job but it is a place that rewards you for your hard work.
Pros
Lunch every friday, hour lunches.
Cons
No benefits yet
Fun People, Fun Atmostphere, and Fun Job
I haven't worked here long but I have loved it! The people I work with are super fun and it makes it easy to come to work everyday. The customers I talk to on the phone are friendly and super nice as well, which makes for a joyful experience. In the office, the supervisors are willing to help when I have questions or concerns.
Pros
Free lunches, fun atmosphere, cool people
Cons
Occasional angry customers
More than I expected
There's always something new happening. Understandably so. It's a young company that is still going through growing pains. Which is a good and sometimes bad thing. Good because a there's plenty of opportunity for growth and advancement. Bad because it can be overwhelming with the inconsistent processes and rules. The Managers are awesome. They are very hands on and willing to help whenever we need them.
Pros
Free Friday Lunch, Cool Alder Incentives
Cons
Need a full gym and not just crossfit
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alder. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9