Alder Employee Reviews

Always growing
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 26, 2017
From the moment you start work, you are WORKING. It's fast paced and you are always learning something new. The Managers are awesome (when you are doing what you're supposed to be doing) and always willing to go above and beyond to help. Co-workers are great and sometimes (most times) competitive. The hardest part is the constant change. But, the best part... most of the call center are all friends, so we encourage each other!
Pros
People, Friday Lunch
Cons
No health benefits
Fun Place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 26, 2017
It's a fun place to work and I love the people I work with! The environment here is relaxed but also professional! There are some bad calls because that's just how it is but the good calls with the nice and sweet customer out weigh that every time!
Worked here a year
Digital Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 25, 2017
Alder is a good company that is growing quickly. There is a lot of opportunity to contribute to the growth and be a meaningful member of the team.

They don't have traditional perks but do offer a free cross-fit gym, snowmobiles, 4-wheelers, and a Top Golf pass. Mostly these perks are used for recruiting purposes but you are able to use them if they're available.
Pros
Friday lunch, cross fit gym, good management, growing fast, casual environment
Cons
No health care
Work Hard, -Make as much as you want.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 24, 2017
Alder is a Alarm company in Orem Utah. Great environment. You will work with college kids in a social place. There are opportunities for advancement as long as you show that you are wanting it and willing to work for it.
Pros
Free lunch Friday
Cons
NO Benefits
Very driven team that new how to keep a solid motivation behind everyone.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTFebruary 7, 2017
I loved that it was all about how hard you worked and the network you were willing to establish. I ended up managing my second summer, because my manager taught me everything he knew. They knew how to perfectly balance the fun and rewards, along with hard work and it payed off. Hardest part is just not getting down after being rejected so many times, but at the same time thats one of the best because you get to find out how tough you can be.
Pros
Hard work pays off, great friends, the lessons that you learn
Cons
N/a
Growing Company that makes you feel like FAMILY
Call Center (Current Employee) –  UtahDecember 13, 2016
It's hard to find a job that you enjoy! Working for Alder has been a great experience that allowed growth and opportunities. Managers are always helpfully and always push you to succeed. Co-workers are even better! Everyone makes you feel like you are apart of a team. The hardest part of the job is being able to sit for long periods of time. All in all, Alder has been a great place to work and be apart of.
Pros
Free Friday Lunch, Free Crossfit Gym
Cons
Sometimes Stressful during the Summer
Fast paced culture with a lot of traveling, yet good compensation
Alarm Technician (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 2, 2016
Meet new people in their homes, learn social skills and customer service. Travel a lot and adapt to different cultures and demands of being on road and out of town. Intelligent people managing with ambitious co-workers in a very fast paced and motivated culture. Keeping a cool head and maintaining customer service while being rushed and under pressure to produce speed with quality in your installs. Love going new places and meeting new people every day.
Pros
Visit different states and meet people from different cultures
Cons
fast paced, high over-head and a little bit grimy industry standards...
It's not what I expected
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 24, 2016
Working on the call floor was always something new. I enjoyed working with the other call center agents. The floor managers are very nice and helpful. As for the CEO and the executives I don't have much to say about
Pros
Friday free lunches
Cons
Lots of distracting events during work hours
Hardworking yet very rewarding environment
Door-to-Door Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2016
We would start each work day at 12 PM with a meeting about the plans for the day. After this we would leave to the area we would be knocking in that day. From 2PM till dark we would be knocking on doors and working in peoples homes helping them see the value in a security system.

The hardest part about this job, was the physical, mental, and emotional strength it took, to keep working to find that one yes, even if it meant hearing a hundred no's.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No breaks
Wonderful place to work
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 1, 2016
This is a fast paced environment because it is a Sales Company with a great product. If you work here, it is important to stay on top of the game. We are one big Support team for those in the office and in the field. Every department works together to make sure everything functions properly. The Co-workers are fantastic. It is easy to change from one team to another as we have a great sense of Team Work. I only left, as my husband transferred.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alder. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about