Alder
Happiness rating is 46 out of 100

Alder Employee Reviews

United States70 reviews

fridaysalelunchfreestartmoneypeoplecare

I loved my coworkers and my managers. The benefits were great and they had awesome team lunch on Fridays and nice parties. I felt everyone there cared about me and I loved the over all atmosphere. The actual work can be stressful due to stressful customers (hatful Karen's) but Everyone was super supportive after tough calls though and were there to help after rough calls.

Pros

Free lunch, good breaks, good work environment, great managers, great benefits.

Cons

work can be stressful, sometimes stressful customers, sometimes customers threaten you

Did not follow through with commitments

They were a little shady when it came to pay. Not Happy with how they tried to fix it. They didn't make me feel like I was valuable to the company at all. They just use a representative and then let them go. do not keep employees very long because they cant keep them happy.

Alder insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Good work place

Overall it’s a good place too work. 6 days out the week one day off. Get 40 hours a week witch is great. Feel like I could be working somewhere getting paid much more and enjoy what I’m doing.

Pros

Get enough hours/ paid every week

Cons

Short breaks

Only way to advance was to get on the good side of someone important

Friendly people, free lunch on fridays, free swag on occasion. Pay seems too low for the work load they are asking. If your paycheck gets messed up they'll never fix it. Training is poor. Any chance for advancement comes from being friends with the people in charge. The only people valued at alder are sales guys.

Terrible place to work.

I’ve worked at other call centers before and non of them are perfect, however Alder is by far the worst. The turnover rate is so high that we were pulled out of training early to get more agents on the phone. There is no support from the supervisors. The supervisors have no management training and are all punk kids. I constantly overheard the supervisors and employees talking about how much they hated their jobs, and even though it was a very small call center I watched people quit each day. By far the worst company I have worked for.

Pros

Pizza on friday

Cons

Management, job environment, low pay

Good company and will teach you a lot about communication, although very demanding hours.

The company is growing and a very good career path for a lot of people, they will teach you how to communicate with people better then most organizations. Although they have a very demanding schedule.

Pros

Good money, good skills to learn

Cons

Demanding hits and work schedules

Working at Alder

Great place to work in and get your career going. There is always a lot going on in an environment like Alder's that requires all hands on deck. That means we all get to learn a lot as well.

Not a good place to work if you aren't a sales rep.

This company doesn't believe it supporting the staff. Anything the staff needs to boost morale, create incentive and and generally do their jobs is not given. Managers who fight for the employees get fired with no notice. The bottom line is the only thing executive managers care about.

Pros

Cons

very oppressive, disrespectful office

Would not recommend unless you need sales exp

Typical day starts around 10-11. Meetings are uneventful and range from 2 min to 45 min. Most of the "meetings" are just pep talks and nothing is actually said. Money is great if you consistently sell. Management is casual, but not in a good way. Everyone talks like a frat boy. They also promise a lot of things at start to get you to work for them. Make sure you get everything in writing I did not and they didn't give me even a quarter of what they promised.

Pros

Relaxed with time off if meet sales goals. Contractor so tax write offs

Cons

required "meeting" pep talks, No benefits, Unproffessional( Too lax )

Growing pains but the good kind

I love my job with Alder. Is it without some frustrations? No. Alder is a young and rapidly growing company that with growth comes some growing pains. But the best part of Alder is the fact that there is a huge opportunity. Grow with a company where you can influence things for the better.

Pros

Oportunity for growth. Challenging. Fun with great people.

Cons

Rapid Growth, large expectations

Everyday at Alder

A typical day at Alder went like this, you would take an average of 50-60 customer service calls. If there were no calls or very little availability time, you would work on packaging packets for the sales men. You were constantly doing something so there was not time to slack off. You could talk to your co workers but only if there was nothing else to do. They provided food and gave the workers apparel when certain goals or competitions were completed. In all honesty, I loved working there because you were busy and the environment was really enjoyable. The most difficult aspect of the job, was the repetitiveness everyday. I would recommend someone to work there but not for the wage that they offer.

Pros

Free Friday lunches.

Cons

No beneifts, low wages.

I Do not Recommend

Terrible communication.. Management could be much better Don't feel appreciated Most of the sales people just lie and rip people off Just a terrible place all around

Not worth it

honestly don't waste your time here. They have no thought of personal time and will send you everywhere in the state and care not when you get home. You will have to call in for numerous issues and have to wait on hold for up to but not limited to 1 hour, for something that only takes 5 mins to take care of. Others had been there longer and thought it would change for them over time... nope different day same treatment same pay. I left the company with 4 other technicians because management basically swept our complaints about being paid per job after they took us off of hourly. Join at your own risk.

Pros

company car

Cons

Everything else

Awesome Company to work for

Out of all the Security Companies, I truly believe Alder is the best one out there. They are constantly trying to improve and innovate new products for security of your home and business. They treated me so well and they train there employees like non-other. Full stars all-around.

Very productive

Productive but no room for growth. I come in to this company with nothing and the opportunity given has been greatly appreciated. Only problem is when it comes to looking forward to having stability outside of work, the fact that I depend on work to make that possible and its not happening increases my desire to want for better.

Pros

Quality work and equipment

Cons

No benefits at all, no paid holidays, No PTO

Extraordinary Work Experience

As a current employee, I have found Alder to provide outstanding work experience. From honing communication skills to learning multifaceted computer skills, to finding opportunities to reach for my best, Alder has provided me with unprecedented opportunities. Alder is a fast-growing company with unusual opportunities for personal advancement and leadership. For those who truly invest in the experience, giving their best, meaningful recognition and genuine opportunities do follow. I've also very much appreciated and enjoyed those I work with, as there are great opportunities to develop meaningful friendships and working relationships here. The hardest part of work at Alder has been the fast-pace of work and the steep learning curve involved at the outset. There is, however, great support offered and no day is ever boring! The most enjoyable part of the job is truly making a difference--for customers, for colleagues, and for the work that needs to be done. I would whole-heartedly recommend working at Alder to anyone wanting to grow, learn, and make a meaningful contribution in their work.

Pros

Always something new to learn; can really make a difference

Cons

Currently no benefits available

Growing and THRIVING

"Work hard, play hard" is certainly true with ALDER. Never a dull moment because we are always growing to improve leadership. The environment is fast yet fun. Everyone works together to achieve the same goal. The hardest part of the job is knowing when it's time to go home! There's so much to do, that we feel this sense of loyalty to keep going until it's done. The most enjoyable part about ALDER is the PEOPLE! You can walk into ALDER and see people from different walks of life (the ALDER Melting Pot). It's great!

Pros

Free Friday Lunch, Sups and Managers

Cons

No Benefits

Fun People, Fun Atmostphere, and Fun Job

I haven't worked here long but I have loved it! The people I work with are super fun and it makes it easy to come to work everyday. The customers I talk to on the phone are friendly and super nice as well, which makes for a joyful experience. In the office, the supervisors are willing to help when I have questions or concerns.

Pros

Free lunches, fun atmosphere, cool people

Cons

Occasional angry customers

More than I expected

There's always something new happening. Understandably so. It's a young company that is still going through growing pains. Which is a good and sometimes bad thing. Good because a there's plenty of opportunity for growth and advancement. Bad because it can be overwhelming with the inconsistent processes and rules. The Managers are awesome. They are very hands on and willing to help whenever we need them.

Pros

Free Friday Lunch, Cool Alder Incentives

Cons

Need a full gym and not just crossfit

Fun while and during work.

Great environment! and very fun while on break and working. Great co-workers. I learn so much about how to treat others even if you do not know them. it helps me outside of work also.

Pros

ping pong

Cons

Healthcare, only one day of free lunch

Great atmosphere, Great people

The people are great! There isn't any micromanaging going on. Not a whole lot of pressure or people breathing down your neck. But as a tradeoff, the pay is not as competitive as it would be elsewhere. Other than that, I have no negative feelings towards the company. A great place to work and gain some experience.

Pros

Free lunch on Fridays, awesome building, good people

Cons

Low-pay, no signs of advancing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alder. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits